Hotel advice please!

Hi all,i`ve been checking out the diff forums to gage peoples opinions of the different dlp hotels and wanted to see what you guys suggest
    I am looking to book our trip for next year march 2007 and previously we`ve stayed at Davy crockett ranch which is great but we want a break from the 8 hr drive so need to do eurostar and stay ina hotel,we really wanted to stay in DLH but we have a problem of the fact there are5 of us ,2 adults 3 kids all over age 3 ,so for the DLH its extreme pricing ,
    Has anyone else had any good/bad experiences with getting accommodation for a family this size.all the disney on site hotels really seem to cater for 2 adults 2 children and no more
    any one got any advice .... thxs in advance liz

• hang on to your hats &...

Re: Hotel advice please!

I really loved the Sequoia Lodge when I stayed there. Tigger even greeted us at the bus station! I loved how quiet it was and the morning breakfast was nice too!
    Carpe Noctem

• hang on to your hats &...

I forgot to mention that I took 21 students along with me and I had booked in advance for the Sequoia Lodge. Since I had to keep an eye on the high-schoolers, I asked for us to all be on the same floor and they accomodated me well - and put me just around the corner from the hall that they were in - so that I could be away from them, yet be close at the same time. They were all angels, though...something happens to HS students when they go to ANY Disneyland.
    Carpe Noctem

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by lizbro
    Has anyone else had any good/bad experiences with getting accommodation for a family this size.all the disney on site hotels really seem to cater for 2 adults 2 children and no more
    any one got any advice .... thxs in advance liz
    There are family rooms in Newport Bay Club, and because it is on Admirals Floor, use the room service for breakfast in room. (few Euro extra cost) NPBC is so huge the breakfast session can be cowded.

a Family Room at the Newport Bay Club has the same prize as two Standard Rooms. I think that the Explorer's Hotel (Selected Hotel) has some Family Rooms at a good price. Otherwise go with two Standard Rooms with connecting doors

a Family Room at the Newport Bay Club has the same prize as two Standard Rooms. I think that the Explorer's Hotel (Selected Hotel) has some Family Rooms at a good price. Otherwise go with two Standard Rooms with connecting doors

thanks for all your feedback,trying to get the prices of family rooms is difficult as the reservation line can be SO cagey when its comes to getting prices off them in advance!!i know of the newport family rooms and apparently the DLH has a few but again they won`t give me a supplement price for it,i guess the explorers might be the way to go!

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by lizbro
    thanks for all your feedback,trying to get the prices of family rooms is difficult as the reservation line can be SO cagey when its comes to getting prices off them in advance!!i know of the newport family rooms and apparently the DLH has a few but again they won`t give me a supplement price for it,i guess the explorers might be the way to go!
    There are very few Family rooms in NPBC and those are popular so they all might be occupied during your stay. It was possible to book a Family Room direct from disneylandparis.com last time a looked.

Ask also a connecting room from Holiday Inn. It is better hotel than Explorers but can be bargain.

good idea about a connecting holiday inn room-hadn`t thought of that option and w thought as to not upset kids too much we could book for dinner at the DLH restaurant!!at least then they can get a bit of the atmosphere!!roll on the new prices for next march-i can`t even get a proper quote till they are areleased,it must be soon as i booked my trip for march this year on june 6th last year-just found the paperwork and i`m sure last year we did a couple of weeks on scouring through brochures deciding where to go!!

just ot add to my confusion.....
    i`m hoping someone here can explain this...now thomas cook have released the dlp brochure from may2006 to march 2007 -great,i can finally book my trip for march and get saving for spends..well the dlp reservation line tell me that the DLH now have standard rooms to sleep 5 new from last month but they can`t give me a price as they don`t have prices for next year yet,they are not released till mid june -july time .thomas cook tell me that the DLH doen`t have these rooms but i can have a family room in the newport for march ,i can book now ,so how can t/cook be booking for DLP for january to march but the official DLP phone line say they are no prices for next year as yet?...confused now and has anyone stayed in the newport in a family room ,what are they like? if this is true about hte DLH and the sleep 5 rooms thats great as i am finding that for a family of 5 we are struggling to get a hotel on site without it being davy crockett!
    thanks in advance
    liz
    b.t.w ,if you post on dlpinfo then this may look familiar as i`ve just copied my post from there to get double replies.....hopefully!!!
    thxs again

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Nevermind, I didn't relize this was in Disneyland Paris resort. sorry

just to confirm on this ,the DLH now has 40 rooms available to sleep 5 classed as a suite at supplement per night ,i`ve got mine booked!!!!!