• Coming soon...

New Attractions?

I heard rumours a while back of a new E-Ticket in DLP for 2012. All I have heard is that it will be a 'classic' from the American parks (suggesting that this ride can ONLY be found in America, maybe? Or is it worldwide? Who knows?) Any clues or suggestions?

Also, I heard somewherethat a 3rd park is in the works for 2017. Somewhere else I heard that DLRP have to have 3 parks after 20 years of the resort opening (which is why WDS was rushed). This date is 2012 also. hmm...puzzling. Which is true: ride, park or neither?

• Minion FOREVER!

Re: New Attractions?

The only rumor that I've heard is that matches that is a version of Soarin' .
    The actual comment basically said that there will eventually one in every MK.

As for E-ticket, I've heard that WDI is hoping that the new Crush coaster/dark
    ride in WDS is popular enough to be considered a "E-ticket".

Haven't heard anything about a 3rd park.

But 2017 is still pretty far away. Anything can happen/

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Scorchio
    I heard rumours a while back of a new E-Ticket in DLP for 2012. All I have heard is that it will be a 'classic' from the American parks (suggesting that this ride can ONLY be found in America, maybe? Or is it worldwide? Who knows?) Any clues or suggestions?
    Well there are a few rumors. The big one with the "E-Ticket from America" though (that I've heard) is actually the 2009 rumor. It would be Soarin, a one theater thing built between Cinemagic and the TV Studio.

Also, I heard somewherethat a 3rd park is in the works for 2017. Somewhere else I heard that DLRP have to have 3 parks after 20 years of the resort opening (which is why WDS was rushed). This date is 2012 also. hmm...puzzling. Which is true: ride, park or neither?
    This rumor is old and long standing...the way I had always heard it the original deal said two parks by 2017. I might be wrong...but I understood one of the biggest pushers was Eisner's Disney decade promise that each resort have mulitple parks by the 2002-2003 era. Again, it's possible the original plan said two parks by 10 years. If it comes to be 3 parks by 2017...I think Disney should lose the land. EuroDisney has enough time running what they have. Though they have 10 years to figure it out.

Or they could just turn the Les Parcs Natures into a gate...though I'm sure that'd kinda annoy people.

• Coming soon...

Thanks, great help. I suppose Soarin' is the only attraction that is solely in American and in both American resorts.

• Plastic Monkey

disney needed two parks before 10 year anniversary or they would of had alot more red tape to contend with and the deal wouldnt have been as sweet. same with the good neighbour hotels (time period in which they must be built.) i have heard third gate talk as well normally to do with adding a waterpark.

there has been roumours of splash mountain and indy / road based version of the jungle cruse for years (the jeep ride since opening year) ,it is also placemarked (where the abandoned jeep is)
    We Play Rock and Roll

I doubt there will be any DLP e-tickets for a while. WDS needs all that so I'm thinking DLP will just get small rides with the left over cash. Not that thus far that has made DLP get unpopular rides...look at Buzz.

• Riding Big Thunder

If they open a third gate withing the next 10 years I will officially boycott Disneyland Resort Paris! WDS is bad enough as it is!
    Walt Disney World Trips: October 95, August 98, October 04

Disneyland Paris Trips: Too many to name!

• Rock The World

When I was working at the resort in 2002, there were still firm plans to open a water park in 2012. I think this is where the rumours of a third park are coming from. The water park would have been called Lava Lagoon, and would have been based around a Polynesian volcano. The whole thing would have been housed in a giant dome, à la Center Parcs, so could have been used year round. As far as I know, the plans have now been shelved indefinitely.

As for rumours of an American E-ticket, it most probably would have been Splash Mountain in Frontierland, as plans for construction have been ready since as long ago as 1999. The funds were redircted to the construction of the second park instead. It was André Lacroix (ex resort CEO) who said the new E-ticket would be opening in the main park in 2012, but that's going back to the original "four year plan" that Lacroix drew up; one new attraction a year for four years, then a four year break, then another four new attractions.

That plan already seems to have fallen by the wayside - if the new additions to WDS work out, we could be seeing new rides being built continuously, year on year until 2010. But one thing's for sure - the Disneyland Park hasn't had a new E-ticket since Space Mountain in 1995.

• Coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by riding_big_thunder
    If they open a third gate withing the next 10 years I will officially boycott Disneyland Resort Paris! WDS is bad enough as it is!
    Huh, what?!?!
    What if its actually a good park, like TDS!

DLP's budget can't afford another good park like TDS.

My source at DLRP has been telling my for a long time the the Disney Village could become the third gate (pleasure island-ish), that is why all the upgrades have been taking place and the plans for DV are quite extensive.

Not sure if i would pay to get in there the way it is at the moment, well, not alot of money anyway, maybe a few 's/$'s.

But even if they did charge to get in there, no matter how little it was the DV would still constitute as a third gate the the resort is obligated to have.

This is just a rumour the has been going round the cast members at DLRP, it is not fact but we will just have to wait and see.