Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by poupouille
    what do you reckon the themeing of the tower will be? Shouldn't it be kinda art-deco to try to fit with the animation building and the disney channel studio?
    The Tower will be an exact copy of the one in California, so, yes it will be art deco. Actually, the architecture in WDS Frontlot is in exactly the same style, so the Tower should act as a nice continuation of the style, right into the centre of the park.

I can't really see how they could make the "old-falling-apart-hotel" story works when everything around looks different and new. It will look like stuck up in the middle of the park without any connection with it.
    A fair point, and one which has been the cause of a lot of debate on the French forums. What exactly is an abandoned 1930's Hollywood hotel doing in the centre of a modern European studio?
    But don't forget that a themed boulevard will eventually be built as an extension to the park. It will start at the foot of the Tower and extend outwards beyond the current site of the Studio Tram Tour Station. Eventually, this will have the same effect as Sunset Blvd. in WDW, the big difference being that the Tower will mark the START of the boulevard, rather than the end of it.

• Banned User

This is the smallest (Disney)park I have ever seen. There are indeed many dead ends and it really does have a bad design. And for those of you who want to rush to see it-don't! That park has so many low walls you can see right outside of it. The ground is mostly asphault and the buildings are mostly stucko. What's really bad is that it sits right next to the most elaborately designed theme park in the world which makes it look REALLY bare on top of the fact that it already is.

Sorry Walt Disney Studios Paris, I love your name, but your features are butt ugly.:o

• mmh... doesn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    The Tower will be an exact copy of the one in California, so, yes it will be art deco. Actually, the architecture in WDS Frontlot is in exactly the same style, so the Tower should act as a nice continuation of the style, right into the centre of the park.
    Ah OK. Thanks for the clarification I guess I believed that the DCA Tower was more of an "Spanish-hacienda" type :o

Anyway, that's probably off-topic, but building this new boulevard would cut the tram route, with the london set on one side and the canyon catastrope on the other... Or did I miss something ?

• Rock The World

Anyway, that's probably off-topic, but building this new boulevard would cut the tram route, with the london set on one side and the canyon catastrope on the other... Or did I miss something ?
    You're exactly right. The current Tram Tour route is only provisionary, as is the loading station. The route is set to change completely, while the station will be moved to the right (probably further up the boulevard, once it's built). As for the Reign of Fire street set, I'm not entirely sure what they plan on doing with it, but I know for a fact that an entire street set section of the park is in the works, so this would act as a logical entrance to that. I've always thiought this set would have been more impressive on foot anyway. (Sans le fire breathing dragon, bien sūr!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12