Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Riding Big Thunder

Tower of Terror Location

Hi, I was wandering, where exactly will ToT be place in the park?

Diagram would be useful, I'm not too familiar with the Studio's.
    Walt Disney World Trips: October 95, August 98, October 04

Disneyland Paris Trips: Too many to name!

• MiceAge Columnist

TOT is expected to go right in the centre of the park, indicated by the red circle on the photo below.

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I'm surrounded by idiots"

Do you also have a shot like that of the Disneyland in Paris?

• Membre

Many aerial pics can be foud here :
    http://www.germs.nl/disney/maps.htm scroll down for pics
    http://www.earthetc.com/ecwearth/asp...aic01_balanced great zoomable photo, but need to install a plugin

Enjoy your flight!

Wow, sure looks a lot nicer from the air then DisneyWorld. I'm blown away by how large the park is. I must visit.

• Just this guy......

Not to beat a dead horse… but doesn’t the layout of the park seem odd?

I’m so use to a main street and a hub, looking at the park all I see is dead ends and long walks to each location with not much in-between.

Also the TOT location looks to be right by the entrance, doesn’t that mean extra long lines?

• Membre

As far as I know there are no dead ends on Central Plaza hub. The main circle way is very wide, but it’s true there are also side ways, smaller, usually very quiet, where there are not much to see indeed, but those narrow ways are very lovely with nice plants and small rivers. I just love all those “hidden” places.

Regarding the ToT, it will be located right in the middle of the WDS park yes, but there are enough room between the entrance and the attraction. Besides, like many other DLP rides, the queuing line will be indoor, around the tower, or underground.

• Rock The World

I hate to have to correct you, Olivier, but the main section of the queue for the Parisian Tower will be exactly the same as California Adventure's - outside!
    And as for ni_teach's comment on a weird layout - I couldn't agree more. However, the next expansion phase should see a new boulevard being driven right through the centre of the park, starting at the Tower, and out beyond the Tram Tour station. This will end in a new hub. Construction is hoped to start in 2007!

• Membre

Soundtracker you're probably right and I know that Paris ToT will be a Anaheim clone, but don't you think the Imagineers will change at least the queing line to fit Paris weather ? (as they did for most of the other rides). I just can't imagine people waiting in an outdoor queing line for hours at Christmas time for example (when it can get very cold)...
    (ni_teach, sorry I thought you were talking about Disneyland Paris park layout... )
    Last edited by Olivier; 05-11-2005 at 05:47 AM.

• Rock The World

Sadly, there'll be no change (and I've seen the plans, tee hee!) If you think about it, a lot of the other attractions have large outdoor queue areas - they're just much cheaper to build, and that was the driving force behind the park, sadly.
    But did you know, that Euro Disney's CEO didn't like the Tower's original location, and commisioned the Imagineers to investigate the possibility of placing it outside the current park boundaries? He wanted to place it on the current CM car park. You can see it at the very top of the photo posted by Ian P.

• Membre

Yes, this location (behind the current Studio Tram Tour station) was much discussed. I think they thought of a "Hollywood Bld" leading to ToT... If they ever build such a boulevard (which I doubt), it will be much shorter now...

• Rock The World

Well, we could be in for some good news. I hear that construction on the new boulevard could begin as early as 2007. Remember André Lacroix said that the park would "double in length" by 2009! I also have a friend close to the Imagineering department, who tells me that the project is still in the works. They're just waiting to see how well the new attractions do, and whether or not the financial situation improves. Fingers crossed, eh?

• Just this guy......

The other thing that makes me wonder is how is the TOT going to work during the winter? When you are at the top and those doors open up….. that going to be a blast of cold air…a whole different kind of thrill.

• mmh... doesn't work...

what do you reckon the themeing of the tower will be? Shouldn't it be kinda art-deco to try to fit with the animation building and the disney channel studio?

I can't really see how they could make the "old-falling-appart-hotel" story works when everything around looks different and new. It will look like stuck up in the middle of the park without any connection with it.

what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by poupouille
    I can't really see how they could make the "old-falling-appart-hotel" story works when everything around looks different and new. It will look like stuck up in the middle of the park without any connection with it.
    I think there's too much space between the buildings in WDS so there is no unity. So it won't be a problem to fitt a ToT in. The RnRC building is not in the same style too, and it doesn't bother. At least not me...
    - Milo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast