Thread: Dining at DLP

• LoisAlene

Dining at DLP

I've been to a few other web sites and there seems to be a Great difference in opinion on where is a good place to dine at DLP.
    So Mice Chatters, is the Blue Lagoon worth dining at? The reviews seem split 50/50 on that place. How about Walt's? Again, 50/50. People either seem to love or hate these places.
    If you could only pick one great full service restaurant which would you patronize?
    If you were going to go for the burger/fries route where would you go?

I must say that even for theme park standards the food seems exhorbitantly expensive. I'm guessing that sticker shock is going to be a regular thing for us.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Re: Dining at DLP

Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59
    I've been to a few other web sites and there seems to be a Great difference in opinion on where is a good place to dine at DLP.
    I must say that even for theme park standards the food seems exhorbitantly expensive. I'm guessing that sticker shock is going to be a regular thing for us.
    Actually for that kind of food you should eat at Annette's Dinner at Disney Village it's the best Burger Place in France for me .

Walt's Restaurant has the quality of Disneyland and the theme of the restaurant is FABULOUS . Walt's Restaurant is a kind of Club 33 at DL California but you don't need to be a member to get in .

Blue Lagoon is also a nice restaurant inside of Pirates . You mostly eat seafood at the Blue Lagoon .

Did you heard about '' L'auberge de Cendrillon'' ? This restaurant is located next to the Sleeping beauty Castle and it's really nice to eat there . I Love their Desserts with the Cinderella's white chocolate shoe with ice cream . It's Delicious !

Walt"s will still be the best place to eat for dinner even at Night Time ask for a table with the view on Main-Street half an hour before the Fantillusion Starts. You can see the Parade from the first floor even during the day .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Great thread... I'm off to Europe tomorrow! Thanks for the tips... I want to try them all!
    --Jonathan

• LoisAlene

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI
    Thanks for the tips... I want to try them all!
    So do I, I just am afraid I'd have to sell the first born to try them All!

L'auberge de Cendrillon looks like a wonderful place to dine as does Walt's. Unfortunately the others in my family are not big fish lovers, so that leaves the Blue Lagoon out - or can you go there just for a dessert in the middle of the day?
    Last edited by Momzilla59; 08-07-2006 at 09:11 PM.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot
    Walt's Restaurant is a kind of Club 33 at DL California but you don't need to be a member to get in .
    Exactly...
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59
    can you go there just for a dessert in the middle of the day?
    Yes of course . Just make sure to have a reservation made by City Hall or at the restaurant itself .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Plastic Monkey

full service dont tend to do in park, rainforest cafe is nice though (yes ok, im a big kid!)

burger / fries route in the park would be caseys (love hotdogs) as it backs onto the kitchen, so they are fresh on busy days.
    We Play Rock and Roll

• is satisfactual.

All the table service places are wonderful. Plaza Gardens, not so much; too little food for too many people. But it's the fast food that makes a brave man weep.

The fuss about Casey's I never got. It's a wiener on a bun for crying out loud. For €5 a piece I'd expect them to slaughter the pig on the spot.

• Plastic Monkey

they do!
    We Play Rock and Roll

I'd be very wary about dining at DLP.

I had a wonderful dinner at Walt's ... the food, athmosphere and service were among the best of any Disney dining location in Florida or California.

Unfortunately, my father developed a very serious case of food poisoning that the doctor traced directly back to Walt's.

To read reports on Trip Advisor, food poisoning is a recurring theme at DLP restuarants.

We also dined at the Silver Spur steakhouse, also one of the best locations at DLP. My companion ordered a porterhouse steak and was served lamb. He brought it to the attention of our waiter, who clearly knew when he delivered the food that something was off. When he finally got his steak, it was obvious that someone had dined on it, taken a few bites and sent it back. Needless to say, he didn't accept it and wound up eating a baked potato and salad for dinner.

Again, those are two of the best regarded locations. So I guess, I'd be very careful.

• Diamond In The Rough

I can recommend Walt's - great themeing if nothing else.
    You should try the Blue Lagoon - we thought it one of our trip highlights last time we ate there.
    I can also recommend the buffet at Inventions (in the Disneyland Hotel). It's expensive, but the food is great. Each as much as you want plus character's - love it.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."