Talking VEA transportation from DLP to Orly

My first post!! I think... anyhow, I'll be traveling to Paris for two days (coming from Los Angeles) in early October, planning to spend one full day park hopping at DLP/WDS and one full day taking in a couple obligatory Paris sights (my boyfriend and I have both been there before).

I have a couple of questions:
    1) Considering that we're both DL APs and have been to WDW more than a few times, what attractions/shows/restaurants in Paris are our absolute MUST DOs? With only one day, I'm a little worried... For reference, our favorite CA attractions/shows are the Block Party Bash, Animation Gallery, Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Fantasmic, and the Stitch Video Phone.

2) When we originally planned to spend 2 days at the parks, I booked a non-refundable room at the Holiday Inn near DLP. On the 3rd day of our visit, we have an Easy Jet flight leaving to Barcelona at 10:30 a.m. (check in time is from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.). The first VEA of the day from DLP to Orly leaves at 7:35 a.m., and it is recommended to leave 2.5 hours prior to check in time. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with the VEA as far as timetables go? I'd like to avoid taking the RER and having to switch trains with luggage, if possible.

3) If you think I'm crazy for having 2 days in Paris, please don't. You can think I'm crazy for wanting to visit all the Disney parks worldwide within 1 year. Anyone have advance tips for HK or Tokyo??

Re: VEA transportation from DLP to Orly

alright it depends on the day you're going to DLP but Week ends may be more crowded than the weekdays .

DLP must see Attractions are : Space Mountain , Phantom Manor , Pirates , Indiana Jones and Big Thunder ( Big Thunder will be closed till mid oct ).

If you have enough time go to the Walt Disney Studios and do some rides and Shows like : Rock'n Roller Coaster , Cinemagique , Tram Tour and Armaggeddon .

Sorry i never had the chance to use the VEA shuttle yet to the Airport but everytime that friends of mine used that system they never had trouble .
    HKDL : Done !!!

Thanks for the info! It's a bummer that Big Thunder will be closed while we visit, but I'm looking forward to the Villains Parade and all the Stitch-themed Halloween stuff. Thanks again for your help. Right now I'm leaning toward taking my chances w/the VEA...

For the past 2 years my family have been using th VEA shuttles to get us to the disneyland paris resort and then back to the airport and we haven't had any problems (I say this now - in two weeks it could be a different story!); however we get the shuttle that goes to CDG. I doubt the shuttle that goes to Orly is any different though. Hope you have a good holiday!

Thanks, emz. How long does the total trip usually take you from DLP to CDG?

As I mentioned, 2.5 hours prior to CHECK IN is recommended but I'm assuming that's a gross overstatement in case of a mishap. The trip is supposed to take 45 minutes plus loading/unloading time at intermittent stops. I'm trying to get a realistic idea of how long the loading/unloading time can be. Thanks.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Hi I've use VEA a few times and not had a problem journey can take from 60 - 90 mins depending on drop offs traffic etc.

Highlights for both parks are the following:

Disneyland Parc

Space Mountain
    The Legend of the Lion King
    Pirates of the Carribean
    Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Phantom Manor
    Its A Small World

Walt Disney Studios

Cinemagique
    Rock N Roller Coaster
    Stunt Show

All the other attractions are exactly the same or close to it at Disneyland or just not worth seeing.I also recomend spending a few hours just walking around this park checking out all the small details and taking in the atsmohere around the best Disneyland park in the world.

Im visiting the Tokyo Resort for first time in Sept so I'll be more then happy to offer you more advise on that paticular Resort then,but for now any questions you may have on the Paris parks feel free to ask

Thanks, Malin. I think I'll end up taking my chances w/the VEA... and if I get stuck in Paris for another day then at least that's a few more hours I'll have at the parks.

I want to hear about your Tokyo trip when you return.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TomGirl307
    I want to hear about your Tokyo trip when you return.
    Me too and it better be positive or face the wrath of TDLFAN...

As for you Tom.. lower your expectations of DLP. The park is gorgeous, when clean, but a disaster zone when busy. It's not as great as DL in CA, but it certainly is much better than the MK at WDW. As for the busses to/from CDG and DPR...I used VEA and was pretty much ontime, but beware the busses make several stops as CDG Airport is a mess of different terminals. Do give yourself time to get there with enough time to catch your flight.

• Banned User

No worries I plan to write full Trip Report when I get back.And TDLFAN the Tokyo Disney Resort better be as good as you say it is or you'll be facing my wrath

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    No worries I plan to write full Trip Report when I get back.And TDLFAN the Tokyo Disney Resort better be as good as you say it is or you'll be facing my wrath
    Just lower your expectations... DLP is still the prettiest DL park. I will give you that much. Too bad I'll miss seeing you in person by days, if not hours, at TDR.

• Banned User

The only thing that lets DLP down is the lack of maintenance,really hope the rehab of BTM is a sign of things to come.

Yeah too bad TDLFAN ,but if I enjoy Japan & TDR that much I'll come back for the 25th Anniversary in 2008.So we'll have to catch up then perhaps.