Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Big Thunder Mountain is about to close for 3 Months !

Thanks for the great pic's Zarniwoop! It's great to see a park I have never been to.

• Dutch Dreamer

there's more than enough room for an indy ride next to the indy coaster... i wouldn't even have to be outside the park's train track....

at the above picture you can see the room between Indy Coaster and POTC (upper left)... if they really needed to, the still have some room at the other side of the train track....

Also BTM isn't the only thing being refurbished right now... the entire park is getting a major overhaul for th 15th aniversary of the resort, so everything should be nice and shiny before april 12 2007.

about the shelved E-tickets, DLRP is supposed to get a mistery E-ticket in 2009... as rasulo said when he was asked about it last year, it would be a popular water ride found in all the other resorts (this was before Hong Kong was open).....
    This almost couldn't be anything other dan Splash Mountain, since it was allready planned in the first place...

I've took the liberty to impose the preview map over the sat.-Pic.
    it fits perfectly.
    http://www.dlrpfans.be/forum/index.p...e=post&id=3468

This Ride would be at the end of Frontierland, for those who know the park, it would be located next to the "chaparel stage", slighty after the "Cowboy Cookout Barbecue", over the current frontierland depot, which would be relocated next to Splash MT. at the current Critter Corral site.

This could also mean that DLP will get a new land, since people always found it strange why Frontier land has two passages to Adventureland right next to eachother., but that's not a very solid rumor... Splash Mt. however still is, and we'll have to wait till ToT opens in the studios for the mistery ride to be revealed... it WILL come though, only question still remains is WHAT exactly.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Hahah that rock climbing photo made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by jortlaban
    there's more than enough room for an indy ride next to the indy coaster... i wouldn't even have to be outside the park's train track....

at the above picture you can see the room between Indy Coaster and POTC (upper left)... if they really needed to, the still have some room at the other side of the train track....
    that's just the point!

it would be stupid to use that open spot to put a big building in it, while it could be themed to an extra special area or so

and this picture you posted stops at the railroad, when you go on google earth you will see there is no place free behind the railroad

• Dutch Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof
    that's just the point!

it would be stupid to use that open spot to put a big building in it, while it could be themed to an extra special area or so

and this picture you posted stops at the railroad, when you go on google earth you will see there is no place free behind the railroad
    All that;s in the way is a supply road, which is easily relocated are in the worst case they can built over the road. there's a pretty big plain of grass between that part Adventure land and the normal road.

best solution would be a themed area as you said within the boundaries of the train track and then using a themed cue area under the road and train track to the ride, similar to the DLRC version.

• Minion

All that;s in the way is a supply road, which is easily relocated are in the worst case they can built over the road. there's a pretty big plain of grass between that part Adventure land and the normal road.

best solution would be a themed area as you said within the boundaries of the train track and then using a themed cue area under the road and train track to the ride, similar to the DLRC version.
    Would there be room outside the park for a huge show building? Anyways, I don't see this happening for at least a decade or two. Indy was one of the costliest developments at over $100 million in 1995. With DLP in debt, I just don't see them making such an expensive move. Maybe something on a lesser scale...
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• JML

Also BTM isn't the only thing being refurbished right now... the entire park is getting a major overhaul for th 15th aniversary of the resort, so everything should be nice and shiny before april 12 2007.

about the shelved E-tickets, DLRP is supposed to get a mistery E-ticket in 2009... as rasulo said when he was asked about it last year, it would be a popular water ride found in all the other resorts (this was before Hong Kong was open).....
    This almost couldn't be anything other dan Splash Mountain, since it was allready planned in the first place...

I've took the liberty to impose the preview map over the sat.-Pic.
    it fits perfectly.
    http://www.dlrpfans.be/forum/index.p...e=post&id=3468

This Ride would be at the end of Frontierland, for those who know the park, it would be located next to the "chaparel stage", slighty after the "Cowboy Cookout Barbecue", over the current frontierland depot, which would be relocated next to Splash MT. at the current Critter Corral site.

This could also mean that DLP will get a new land, since people always found it strange why Frontier land has two passages to Adventureland right next to eachother., but that's not a very solid rumor... Splash Mt. however still is, and we'll have to wait till ToT opens in the studios for the mistery ride to be revealed... it WILL come though, only question still remains is WHAT exactly.
    A new ride would be needed but why Splash Moutain? With France's weather, the ride could not operate half the time (unless they put the whole thing inside some kind of bubble). Do not get me wrong, it is one of the best Disney ride ever but it is on water...

For Indiana Jones, they have enough space but I agree that it would be costly for a resort with no money. Although I wonder if they even have a choice... Disneyland Park needs a good E-ticket for the WHOLE family and the too small WDS and its ToT (more for teenagers than anybody else) are not going to provide what is really needed.
    Jeanmi

• ...or just Tonny

What's this always about french weather? Sure, it's not California or Florida, but you might find that flume rides (and water rides in general) are located all over Europe. Yes, that includes Scandinavia. What's more, the wettest rides I've ever been on are to be found...not in California, but in England!

Other than that, I never got very wet from Splash Mountain...
    Ad luna in flamma gloria

I am sentimental about the California Big Thunder as it is my home, but the French Big Thunder is easily the best. I hope they do a beautiful job on the refurbishment.

It's kind of odd that people are so mad about it's closure. When I visited California, both Space Mountain and Splash Mountain were closed my whole stay. I certainly didn't run and whine to City Hall.

• Dutch Dreamer

BTM is one of the best rides in the park, not to mention if it's closed, there's not much left for thrills....

What I don't understand is why people still think DCA is so badly in dept????

It's been making profit for the last decade, TWDC only big financial thing it did was cancel the payback of Space Mountain, since that was the only thing standing in the way of making true profit....
    What DLRP does now is spending every penny they have on delayed refurbishment and future expansion.... with the current development being constructed without the aid of TWDC and paid completly by individual shareholder through a simple construction....
    problem with that was, that all that money was completly spend on the current plans and refurbs, making it an income for 2004, but a major 250 million loss for the next year (because they missed that income in 2005)...
    It's sneaky, but if you read all the financial reports, DLRP still only is 1 or 2 milion behind on predictions, making it losses in al the statements, but it's still income (about 10 to 15 milion a year, after expenses)....

All EDASCA needs to do is set the income prediction a lot lower, and the resort is doing great again, problem then is, that all shareholders lose interest, since the predictions are so low, that a major share dump will occur, making the shares even cheaper, resulting in banks pulling their self out of the resort, resulting in closure of the resort.....but if they pull through, a year later all will be fine, since the result would be better than predicted....

good news is, that french banks and government saw the problem and were willing to invest, if EDASCA managed to show they were capable of expansion without the help of the banks.... which worked out, and as a matter of fact, a lot of new projects have been green-lit and allready paid for by these banks and government.... they have allready been announced, and shareholders will be informed as soon as the projects start (after the opening of ToT) what they are.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jortlaban View Post
    BTM is one of the best rides in the park, not to mention if it's closed, there's not much left for thrills....

What I don't understand is why people still think DCA is so badly in dept????

It's been making profit for the last decade.
    Maybe I'm not reading this correctly but DCA has only been open 5 years and I doubt it was making a profit every year.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Maybe I'm not reading this correctly but DCA has only been open 5 years and I doubt it was making a profit every year.

I don't believe that for a second. Tokyo Disney Sea was built very expensively, California Adventure wasn't built cheaply but there certainly wasn't as much spent than on Disney Sea. California Adventure, even with lower attendance can still make profits because there was never a huge debt to begin with, unlike the Paris studios. Then with attendance going upwards for California Adventure, I doubt you will ever see the resort struggling with finances.

• Banned User

So do they struggle with finances on DisneySea? I never quite understood how they thought it was a disapointement. Anyone for a quick (off topic) explanation?

• Banned User

So the main reason of this is because of all the mildew damage around the ride? Are they going to re-paint the entire mountain and re-landscape?
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 08-26-2006 at 09:43 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast