Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Minion

Re: Big Thunder Mountain is about to close for 3 Months !

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    I don't believe that for a second. Tokyo Disney Sea was built very expensively, California Adventure wasn't built cheaply but there certainly wasn't as much spent than on Disney Sea. California Adventure, even with lower attendance can still make profits because there was never a huge debt to begin with, unlike the Paris studios. Then with attendance going upwards for California Adventure, I doubt you will ever see the resort struggling with finances.

When did DisneySea come into this? I never mentioned it, and I wasn't really trying to emphasize the fact that DCA was in debt, just that it hasn't even been open for a decade yet.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    So do they struggle with finances on DisneySea? I never quite understood how they thought it was a disapointement. Anyone for a quick (off topic) explanation?

It wasn't thought of as a disappointment really. OLC spent a fortune on Tokyo DisneySea, so they expected very high attendance numbers for years to come. That has not been the case, and it has only been averaging $12 million guests per year. Tokyo Disneyland is still attracting more guests than DisneySea I'm afraid. So even though their attendance numbers are still impressive by U.S standards, for the OLC it's barely enough to recover from the huge budget spent on DisneySea.

• Coming soon...

[quote=jortlaban;869102]

about the shelved E-tickets, DLRP is supposed to get a mistery E-ticket in 2009... as rasulo said when he was asked about it last year, it would be a popular water ride found in all the other resorts (this was before Hong Kong was open).....
    This almost couldn't be anything other dan Splash Mountain, since it was allready planned in the first place...

I've took the liberty to impose the preview map over the sat.-Pic.
    it fits perfectly.
    http://www.dlrpfans.be/forum/index.p...e=post&id=3468

quote]

Woaah. Are you serious? Splash in DLP. In 2009? Can any other MC member confirm this (or pinch me!). This is almost as good news as "DLP will get DisneySea park as 3rd park" or "DLP has been given 1 billion euros to expand" (it will never happen). Buuuuuuuttttt.......if this were to open in 2009, shouldn't work start....er....now.

I don't believe it if they don't anounce it late this year

This ride takes two years to build, and the most important, it takes tens of millions of euro's, DLP doesnt have.... so they need to ask someone, and they can't do that in secret without a shareholders meeting

UNLESS DLP uses the loan the WDC agreed to give if needed, DLP can use that loan (wich goes up to 300 million euro's !!!) untill (and that's a guess, I can't find the official statement) 2008-2009.

If they are waiting to see what the effect is of the toon studio's, or the tower of terror, it is way to late to even "order" the ride at imagineering to open in 2009, than it would be more of a 2011-2012 opening

Whoa, Im going for what could be my last time on October 19th (Off to university then)

and its all of my younger bros. first time and its closed. This plain sucks!

Edit: Phew, I get to ride the refurb

I'll take lots of photos for you, hopefully we can get some before and after shots going.

HKDL : Done !!!

• Former Epcot CM

Fabulous darling!
    Thank you Euro Disney!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Look the Station Now :

that we can say t's a HUGE rehab . Never seen this before since a very very long time .
    HKDL : Done !!!

I would hope that they replace the entire queue with some surface that is graffitti-resilient as I have never seen such an embarrassment (on par with a ghetto Six Flags park) as the BTRR queue. And maybe add some cameras, so if someone tries to deface it they are immediately thrown out of the park or arrested.

But with Karl and his idiot queen George running the place, I don't have much hope.

List of attractions: according to rumor:

2009 - Philharmagic - Rumor - (2/16/06) If the rumors posted to DLP.info are true, the next major attraction coming to the Walt Disney Studios theme park will be a copy of the popular Philharmagic 4D theater attraction currently running at Walt Disney World and Hong Kong Disneyland. They believe that the new attraction will be fitted into either the Animagique (Soundstage 3) or Cinemagique (Soundstage 2) theaters. Disney did state that when they designed Philharmagic, they intended it to be something that could be rolled out to all of their parks across the globe, which is why there really isn’t any major dialog and a major reason why Donald was selected to be the main character... because he pretty much mutters incoherently in every language.

2010 - E-Ticket Attraction - Rumor - (4/13/06) Plans to add a Journey into the Center of the Earth attraction are apparently in the works for 2010. These plans will replace a former plan to add a copy of Soarin’ to the park in 2009 due to the impact of Everest on Animal Kingdom.

(4/5/06) If the latest rumors are true, the park may already be looking forward to their next major E-Ticket attraction. It seems that the high attendance impact caused by Expedition Everest on Animal Kingdom’s traditionally slow draw is being thought of as exactly the right kind of spark to help develop the Studios’ lagging attendance trends. However it is not a copy of Everest that is being talked about it seems, but rather another mountain sized project from the far east... Journey to the Center of the Earth. This is ironic since we’ve heard several rumors over the past couple of years about adding a version of this to the Studios park in Florida as well. Lets wait and see what happens.

CJManson

• Minion

I highly doubt the JttCotE rumor, especially since there is no room for an attraction of this magnitude. And only 3 years after Tower of Terror? How can they afford this?

• Pirate - G'har!

Additionally, why the HECK would you put an attraction based on a flippin' Jules Verne book anywhere but a land inspired by the work of Jules Verne? It would truly be a crime to do a JttCotE attraction outside of Discoveryland, and it would fit in so well with the surroundings.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Additionally, why the HECK would you put an attraction based on a flippin' Jules Verne book anywhere but a land inspired by the work of Jules Verne? It would truly be a crime to do a JttCotE attraction outside of Discoveryland, and it would fit in so well with the surroundings.
    I still think JttCotE needs the volcano to be truly successful. Reason why I think it should stay at Mysterious Island at Tokyo DisneySea. It works the best there, along with 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234