Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pirates of the Caribbean Video

Wow this is the first video of this ride i've seen. So here you go enjoy!

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RziONmEywEY

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DagE-2YBk8

Disneyland Paris is very unique and different from the American parks. I hope to visit it someday.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Video

Cool videos but the Blair Witch-y night shot kinda drove me a bit not nuts (though I know it's the only way to actually see stuff)
    Gracias for the link-age

Your quite welcome.

• Lordofthemightybeasts

There's also a video on PatMagic -www.patmagic.net-
    It's pretty low quality, but it's not nightshot.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Interesting how theirs kinda goes "backwards" with the jail scene first and the treasure caves last.

Yea it is interesting. When Disney built the park the French Government wanted it to be different from the American parks. So the story of Pirates of the Caribbean in Paris goes backwards. It's suppose to be like the Pirates break out of jail than burn the city.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by BackIntoYourSystem View Post
    Yea it is interesting. When Disney built the park the French Government wanted it to be different from the American parks. So the story of Pirates of the Caribbean in Paris goes backwards. It's suppose to be like the Pirates break out of jail than burn the city.

I don't know where you get your information from but that is a load of rubbish!!!

POTC at Disneyland Resort Paris doesn't go backwards, i've never heard anything so stupid.

Writing things like that may lead people to belive that you are just making things up so you have something to post.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EurodisneyFan View Post
    I don't know where you get your information from but that is a load of rubbish!!!

POTC at Disneyland Resort Paris doesn't go backwards, i've never heard anything so stupid.

Writing things like that may lead people to belive that you are just making things up so you have something to post.

That was rude. He meant that the show scenes are arranged in the reverse order.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Sorry if that upset you or something but I did read this in a book called Pirates of the Caribbean from the Magic Kingdom to the Movies. I didn't mean to put it in a way to offend anyone. To quote from the book " French Officials weren't interested in a wholesale reproduction of Disney's American parks, which meant that imagineers would have to take special care in the translation of their stories to appeal to this very different culture." And Scenes do move in reverse order from the one in Disneyland.To quote again from the book " the jail scence literally sets the story-and the guests- into motion, and, for the first time, even the attractions first big drop serves the narrative. A cannonball has shattered an aqueduct and flooded the fort, which explains why the bateaux are able to cruise through the jail in the first place."

That was rude. He meant that the show scenes are arranged in the reverse order.
    Thanks for further clarifying what I meant to say.
    Last edited by BackIntoYourSystem; 10-24-2006 at 04:46 PM.

SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, I didnt mean to offend or be rude, unfortunatly we cant put a tone of voice on this thing so you may have read my post as being rude, that was not how it was ment.

Its just that if you are going to say something like that you realy should back it up with some evidence, even if you just say where you read it.

My best friend has worked at the reasort for 7 years and POTC was one of the rides she worked on. She told me about the script they are give that not onlt gives you the technical info and history of the ride but it also gives you the entire story.

This park gets such a bad rap from certain people on this site (not many, just one or two) who have their favourite park and would never say a bad thing about it but seem to enjoy ripping it out of DLRP, and it seems that no matter what DLRP does it is just not good enough, and most of the time they do not have all the facts.
    And as a big DLRP fan it does get to me a bit, so i am sorry if i offended you, i didnt mean to.

• Pirate - G'har!

I know what youmean about defending their local parks and perhaps not seeing the bigger picture about others but I guess that's unavoidable. Hey, I'd want my local park to be the best! I guess that's a good thing though cos it just shows how forums can bring people from all over the world together. I think I'm gonna cry....sorry for the cheesiness there!

SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, I didnt mean to offend or be rude, unfortunatly we cant put a tone of voice on this thing so you may have read my post as being rude, that was not how it was ment.

Its just that if you are going to say something like that you realy should back it up with some evidence, even if you just say where you read it.

My best friend has worked at the reasort for 7 years and POTC was one of the rides she worked on. She told me about the script they are give that not onlt gives you the technical info and history of the ride but it also gives you the entire story.

This park gets such a bad rap from certain people on this site (not many, just one or two) who have their favourite park and would never say a bad thing about it but seem to enjoy ripping it out of DLRP, and it seems that no matter what DLRP does it is just not good enough, and most of the time they do not have all the facts.
    And as a big DLRP fan it does get to me a bit, so i am sorry if i offended you, i didnt mean to.
    I understand what you are saying. I should have worded it differently and maybe added more backup info. I just don't want any hostilities. I have my info straight for 99.9% of the time I would say. I've never been to Disneyland Paris and would love to go some day. I don't know why people would bad mouth it when it looks like such a beautiful place.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BackIntoYourSystem View Post
    I don't know why people would bad mouth it when it looks like such a beautiful place.
    I think the biggest complaint is that the upkeep and maintenance doesn't compare to the other Disney parks. As seen from TDLFAN's pictures, a lot of the parts of the park are falling apart and very dirty. This takes away from the experience and immersion.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

I think the biggest complaint is that the upkeep and maintenance doesn't compare to the other Disney parks. As seen from TDLFAN's pictures, a lot of the parts of the park are falling apart and very dirty. This takes away from the experience and immersion.
    Well if the any park isn't kept in good condition. The problems become very noticable. Is Disneyland Paris in worse upkeep than WDW's Magic Kingdom because conditions there are growing worse. Like the Huanted Mansion. The Mansion is in need of a big refurb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast