Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• On Autopilot

DLP Help! Going sometime in August!

I was curious, my friend and I were buying two day park hopper passes for our small trip to DLP and we were wondering if August is bad over there like it is here in america.

Also, can someone scribble a list of must see stuff? Just curious...

And are there fireworks at DLP? o_o

• Pirate - G'har!

Re: DLP Help! Going sometime in August!

There are plenty of must-sees at DLRP, but I'll only list my personal favourites.

1. Big Thunder Mountain - The best version of this classic.
    2. Pirates of the Carribbean - (Arguably) the best version of this classic.
    3. Space Mountain : Mission 2 - Despite the missing moon, a fantastic ride.
    4. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster - Great, especially for Aerosmith fans!
    5. Moteurs...Action! - Breathtaking stunt show
    6. Star Tours - Only truly appreciated if you've seen Star Wars and appreciated massively if you're a fan.

These, in my opinion, are the must-must-sees lol. And there are fireworks at DLP.

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by Larxene1959 View Post
    we were wondering if August is bad over there like it is here in america.
    August is very busy month, but not the worst time to go (spring/Eastern break is worst). This year June was busier than August, but that was first time since opening. DLRP is getting two new attraction, new parade and fireworks show for summer so it is really hard to tell how it will effect and what day the crowds come. I predict quite busy summer 2007.

• Plastic Monkey

any time when the schools are out = bad
    We Play Rock and Roll

• Disneyland Paris Fan

August is the month in which the whole of Europe is on holiday! And the weather can be pretty hot (but this year was a great exception; record heat in july, record rain in august...). But normally it is not as hot and humid as in Orlando! The climate looks more like California in August.

But that said; I must personally say that I do'n't dislike DLRP in august. Yes it is busy and hot. But I love to see DLRP buzzing with people and energy, and DLRP really does loook at i best with good weather.

Advice to see and do; all the original DL an WDW attractions (except Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain unfortunately we do not have them in DLRP...) in a more spectacular form! Plus because of the 15th anniversary of the resort; new attractions (Crush's Coaster, Cars race rally), new parade, new firework.

So all in all; do go to DLRP in August, but make sure to take your time!

Really don't forget to visit the dragon and the nautulus!
    Take it slow, and you will get the most out of disney! It's not the rides that make the park but everything between them!

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Quote Originally Posted by borderman View Post
    Take it slow, and you will get the most out of disney! It's not the rides that make the park but everything between them!
    I couldn't agree with you more! It is really the complete package that makes a visit to DLRP so special!

• On Autopilot

._. are there any tame rides? My friend's kinda iffy about the bigger ones like Space mountain VR 2

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by borderman View Post
    Really don't forget to visit the dragon and the nautulus!

Disneyland Paris was designed with the idea that all the "little things" that get stripped out of the parks to make way for more food, merchandise and queues should be put in at the beginning. Because the only thing they add later is new rides, not the little details that make no money. Taking it slow is great advice and I think you should read Didier Getz's Book or maybe someone can post one of the deeper online article series (dlp.info) that has all the hidden stuff so you don't miss anything.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more! It is really the complete package that makes a visit to DLRP so special!
    It is the most detail-packed, technologically advanced, beautiful MK ... I can't think of a single attraction (especially the E-Tix) that aren't significantly better than their American counterparts.

The park has been neglected and basically been falling apart for the past decade, but FINALLY work is being done in advance of the 15th Anniversary and I can't wait to visit again next year when everything will look new again!

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    The park has been neglected and basically been falling apart for the past decade, but FINALLY work is being done in advance of the 15th Anniversary and I can't wait to visit again next year when everything will look new again!
    As said, they are really taking the paint-jobs and the refurbishment seriously! It reminds me of the refurbishment that has taken place in DL the last few years. That park too has been negelected too long (but fortunatley not as bad as DLRP has been neglected....).

How is the maintenance in WDW? My last visit there was in 2001.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    It is the most detail-packed, technologically advanced, beautiful MK ... I can't think of a single attraction (especially the E-Tix) that aren't significantly better than their American counterparts.

Excluding Hong Kong Disneyland, Disneyland Paris actually has the least amount of attractions/E-tickets out of the Magic Kingdoms. It doesn't have Splash Mountain, Country Bear Jamboree/Winnie the Pooh (the E-ticket version at Tokyo Disneyland), Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tiki Room, or Indiana Jones Adventure. Heck, it only has 5 lands while the other Magic Kingdoms have 7-8! Hopefully, that will change in the next decade.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Excluding Hong Kong Disneyland, Disneyland Paris actually has the least amount of attractions/E-tickets out of the Magic Kingdoms. It doesn't have Splash Mountain, Country Bear Jamboree/Winnie the Pooh (the E-ticket version at Tokyo Disneyland), Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tiki Room, or Indiana Jones Adventure. Heck, it only has 5 lands while the other Magic Kingdoms have 7-8! Hopefully, that will change in the next decade.
    You are right about the e-tickets. I would love to see Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise and Pooh (every version would be fine...). Country Bear and Tiki Room aren't my favourite attractions, so that money could be spend on something else! Mickey's Philharmagic, a new Star Tours movie or a replacemnt for HISTA.
    But the e-tickets that are at DLP, are the best of all the parks in my opinion, especially; BTM, Phantom manor, POTC and Space Mountain.

On the subject of the lands; one land I would really love to see in DLP; Mickey's Toontown. The other lands (New Orleans Square, Critter Contry etc) aren't necesarry for me. In DL and WDW-MK, I think that the lands are too small and too fragmented. I prefer the larger lands in DLP, you have really got a feeling that you are in a certain area. In DL and WDW the distinciotn between the is sometimes very hard to see.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
    On the subject of the lands; one land I would really love to see in DLP; Mickey's Toontown. The other lands (New Orleans Square, Critter Contry etc) aren't necesarry for me. In DL and WDW-MK, I think that the lands are too small and too fragmented. I prefer the larger lands in DLP, you have really got a feeling that you are in a certain area. In DL and WDW the distinciotn between the is sometimes very hard to see.
    But I think the reason why it works so well in Disneyland is because it feels much more intimate and immersive. With Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disneyland, and the Magic Kingdom, the lands are spaced too big. I don't like the wide open spaces found in Disneyland Paris, but I guess the larger lands are an advantage. Tokyo Disneyland also has very large lands, especially noticable in Westernland (their Frontierland) and Critter Country. Much bigger than their counterparts at the other Magic Kingdoms. There are more pathways to explore and many nooks and crannies too. I think I prefer Tokyo Disneyland's lands the most out of the 4 Magic Kingdoms, except for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Larxene1959 View Post
    ._. are there any tame rides? My friend's kinda iffy about the bigger ones like Space mountain VR 2
    Of course there are some tame rides. There are nice shows in both parks and most of the attractions in WDS are in a "show-setting" (except f.i. RnR Coaster, Crush's Coaster). And of course there is an IASW, a Haunted Mansion (although it is called Phatom Manor), POTC is pretty tame, the Fantasyland-rides etc, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast