View Poll Results: The better Thrillride....

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Space Mountain Mission 2

9 69.23%
  • Rock & RollerCoaster starring Aerosmith

2 15.38%
  • Indiana Jones and the Tempel of Peril

2 15.38%

The better Thrillride! VOTE

The best thrillride of Disneyland Resort Paris! Is it the oldest, the most bumpy and the only one influenced by the weather: Indiana Jones? The Aerosmith rollercoaster in the new Studio's or the updated version of good old Space Mountain? Which thrillride gives you the greatest kick? Vote!

• Banned User

I have to say you didn't include Big Thunder Mt which to me is thrilling enough.

• Rock The World

Yes, I'd have to agree with TDLFAN - Big Thunder just might be the best coaster in Europe. Another point I think we should make - is the level of thrill dependant on the visual/sound effects working correctly?
    What I mean to say is this: in it's dying days, Space Mountain: Mission 1 was vastly inferior to Rock. The music didn't work, the effects were shot, etc. But now it seems that Rock has gone the same way. Most of the special lighting effects are now dead, while Mission 2 is all shiny and new and exciting! This makes for a difficult decision. I'll have to get back to you on this one!

• mmh... doesn't work...

Ah, that would explain why I wasn't very impressed by the Rock ride at WDS last december... I looked like a dark ride with 3 miserables spotlights in the middle I did prefer the WDS version.

I think Space Mountain in the best is the best ride.

• Membre

Howdy folks, I voted Space Mountain Mission II, but my fave ride is Big Thunder Mountain !!!

Quote Originally Posted by poupouille
    Ah, that would explain why I wasn't very impressed by the Rock ride at WDS last december... I looked like a dark ride with 3 miserables spotlights in the middle
    That's what I thought too. The track itself was fun with the spectacular launch and stuff. But the decoration inside was kind of...well...not there .
    It could have been so much more of a ride, but with current policy their will be a "RnRC Mission 2" or a "RnRC Backwards" in a short while ...

• DLRP Mental

I chose Space Mountain Mission 2 since I have not rode the second mission yet but I am very optomistic for when I do ride it in August. Yes Aerosmith music in your ears and some disco lights all very nice but really what can beat Verne's kinda Second Mission, Columbiad still there which still makes the launch far better to RnRC if you ask me, and of course the effects look brilliant on mission 2 wow I can't wait to ride, but also yes I think BTM should have been included afterall it is the original DLRP coaster since it opened on the 12th April 1992 and for the first time the thrill factor goes to another level on a mountain on a island .

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by milo_vhw
    That's what I thought too. The track itself was fun with the spectacular launch and stuff. But the decoration inside was kind of...well...not there .
    It could have been so much more of a ride, but with current policy their will be a "RnRC Mission 2" or a "RnRC Backwards" in a short while ...
    I agree! When I worked at Rock, the ride had only been open a few months. Let me tell you, when the show is running properly, it's a thing of wonder. I used to love doing show tests. I went on it again for the first time in over a year last month, and it was like a different ride. Half the time you're in complete darkness! They've killed it through poor maintenance - exactly what they did to the original Space Mountain. How long do you think it'll take before Mission 2 suffers the same fate?

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    They've killed it through poor maintenance - exactly what they did to the original Space Mountain. How long do you think it'll take before Mission 2 suffers the same fate?
    I hope no more of the Disneyrides will suffer the same fate. It's such a shame. With everything working on an attraction it is so much more fun. I do not understand why there is such great lack of maintenance! You, soundtracker as ex-CM, maybe know why? Is it thát expensive or hard to do?

Saddly I'll think Mission 2 will be down in eight months...