• Membre

Arrow New Disney resort map!

DLRP.fr revealed a part of the new map.
    I like the overall aspect of this, but if you look details, some parts look too small, or others look too large.
    Adventureland looks tiny on it, it is not in reality. The Disneyland hotel is part of Disneyland park (not on this map).
    Cars Race Rally looks like the biggest attraction of the resort. Will it really be that huge ?
    Last but not least, where is the tower ???? ???? ???? (with something like: opening soon...)

• Hitchhiker

Re: New Disney resort map!

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    I like the overall aspect of this, but if you look details, some parts look too small, or others look too large.
    Toon Studios gets a lot of visibility. I don't see any reason why they should advertise ToT on park map. The construction is so big everybody sees it anyway.

Btw, I like the Toon town behind Toon Studio walls! It is bigger that I imagined.

Here's the whole map:

Last edited by Zarniwoop; 11-23-2006 at 01:08 AM.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    Adventureland looks tiny on it, it is not in reality. The Disneyland hotel is part of Disneyland park (not on this map).
    Cars Race Rally looks like the biggest attraction of the resort. Will it really be that huge ?
    Last but not least, where is the tower ???? ???? ???? (with something like: opening soon...)
    As I'm not familiar with the overseas parks, I'm assuming this new map will be used mainly for travel brochures. With that said, the US Parks do this kind of overview mapping all the time. Travel brochures and web sites aren't intended for practical use while you're walking around the park - they're simply intended to give you an idea of the layout. Highlighting large, "weenie", or centerpiece attractions from specific lands, or new attractions by making them larger is commonplace in marketing and travel brochures.

I just got the new Disney Parks (Disneyland + Walt Disney World) DVD Vacation Planning Kit, and it has booklets for both DLR and WDW and feature maps like this one.

Personally, I like these kinds of maps, as I find it interesting to see how the artists highlight specific landmarks, E-Tickets, and "weenies"

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Sock Puppet

The map is designed to emphasize both the size and attractions at the calamitous Walt Disney Studios and de-emphasize Disneyland Park, something that would fool only the most unobservant park-goer.

not trying to sound mean or stupid, but the whole map looks like a big fish. I thought it would have looked like a mouse head. (hidden mickey)
    http://www.buriedriches.com

http://playitontheweb.com

Miss Ec

1997 - Cosmic Rays Cafe - MK
    1998 - PDC 2000 - MK
    1999- Electric Umbrella - Epcot
    1999-Flyte Team Futrure World - Epcot
    2000- All Star Movies - Food Court

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Missec View Post
    not trying to sound mean or stupid, but the whole map looks like a big fish. I thought it would have looked like a mouse head. (hidden mickey)
    You'd think that, but the french do not get the Disney concept just yet.

• Banned User

Is that how the resort is? You can just walk to the next park, just how DL and DCA are?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

where's the TOT in the map?!?!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Is that how the resort is? You can just walk to the next park, just how DL and DCA are?
    Yes, both parks are right next to each other, and all the hotels are within 0-10 minutes walking distance.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Scorchio View Post
    Yes, both parks are right next to each other, and all the hotels are within 0-10 minutes walking distance.
    Correct. And next to DLR, DLRP is the most conveniently designed resort there is, with TDR being in 2nd place due to the ultra efficient monorail system that makes the resort/parks design more manageable to get around. Reason also why I detest WDW's expansiveness, where it is a HUGE production to get around in it's antiquated monorail and bus system, and overcrowded roadways. Thumbs down at WDW for being so ridiculously HUGE!

• Vehicle rotating backward

I like how the DLP side of the map is an explosion of color and rivers and architecture while the Studios park shows some copy/pasted things from the MGM map and a car park ride the size of Space Mountain (or bigger!)

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by Missec View Post
    What, don't you recognise Nemo when you see him?