• Rock The World

Exclamation New Street Set Coming to WDS!

Good news ladies and gentlemen! It's just been confirmed that an additional placemaking project will soon get underway in the Walt Disney Studios Park.

This time, the Imagineers are going to focus on the area surrounding the Tower Of Terror, by installing a new Hollywood street set!

The new set will run the length of the miniature boulevard, from the entrance of the Art of Animation building and La Terrace food court, right the way to the Studio Tram Tour station. The station will be hidden behind a large false perspective screen, a little like the one found at the end of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot street in the California Adventure park.

The new street will also extend to cover the front of La Terrace, leading into the circular plaza of the Production Courtyard. If all goes well and extra funds are assigned, we might even see extra facades being erected opposite the Rendezvous Des Stars restaurant. (As detailed in one of Peter Bell's articles.)

The facades should be in place for the end of next year/early 2008, and look set to totally transform the aspect of the Studios park! I for one can't wait!

• Hitchhiker

Re: New Street Set Coming to WDS!

Cowabunga dude!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Hey soundtracker Im not disputing your claims by any means however just out of interest where did you find out about it being confirm.

But does sound impressive and should add to the overall appearance of the Studios

• Rock The World

I got the news from a friend of mine backstage at Disney, and it was also posted recently on www.disneytheque.com

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I can;t find it on that site...and for some reason I can't picture it...it seems like a bit too much for a small site in the park...

• Sock Puppet

That sounds like it will be nice.

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    I can;t find it on that site...and for some reason I can't picture it...it seems like a bit too much for a small site in the park...
    You're quite right, tloogb. You can't find it because it ain't there. Seems I got my sites mixed up - the announcement was made on www.dlrp.fr, as well as being posted at the same time on the DIsney Central Plaza forums. Apologies for that.

As for the size, it won't be as impressive as the street sets in DCA or Disney/MGM Studios, although it should be a decent size in itself. Basically, as you exit Studio 1 into the main body of the Walt Disney Studios Park, you'll have the new Toon Studio entrance (already taking shape) on your right, while that whole space in front of you will be a new (relatively short) Hollywood Boulevard.

As already posted, it will cover up both the Tram Tour station, and La Terrasse in front of the Tower of Terror. I expect they will also build a new official entrance into the Production Courtyard plaza, to mirror the Toon Studio entrance across the way, although that's just speculation at this point.

Although not especially grand in scale, I've been told the facades are going to be very detailed, with nice little in-jokes, like the windows on Main Street.

This also paves the way for an extension into a full-length boulevard, should the Tram Tour station ever be moved.

if that rumor it true that would be great .

WDI and DLRP Management as understand that this crapp... Walt Disney Studios needs more theming .

I hope they will also remove that ugly asphalte between Studio 1 and throughout the park .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Banned User

I have to check my eyesight. I thought I read "Main Street (electrical parade) coming to WDS!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I have to check my eyesight. I thought I read "Main Street (electrical parade) coming to WDS!
    Why not ? lol funny

we will get the Motor Cars Parade from D MGM so why not the EP from DCA .

WDS have to remain open till that late and No One want to stay longer than after the Last Stunt Show .

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    we will get the Motor Cars Parade from D MGM
    Oh poor poor you in Paris..

so why not the EP from DCA
    Becuase you already have a portion of TDL's Fantillusion and they would not have two electrical parades competing against one another in the same resort. Besides.. the one DLP had (which was the WDW version) is still sitting in some warehouse. The one at DCA was the DL original, reason why I won't leave CA anytime soon. Besides.. they need this parade desperately in HKDL.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    they need this parade desperately in HKDL.
    yes that's right but the MSEP from Paris was supposed to be shipped to HKDL or WDW and HKDL whatever .

Or it's probably on their Intertainment Summer Program for 2007 .

• Rock The World

[quote=TDLFAN;1202240]Becuase you already have a portion of TDL's Fantillusion and they would not have two electrical parades competing against one another in the same resort. [quote]

Agreed, although it would make a very nice Christmas parade for the Studios park. As Fantillusion only runs during the summer months, they could switch between the two. And it gets dark enough, early enough during the winter, that you could run the parade at 18h00, so it wouldn't even matter if the park was closing early.

• DLRP Mental

[quote=soundtracker;1205526][quote=TDLFAN;1202240]Becuase you already have a portion of TDL's Fantillusion and they would not have two electrical parades competing against one another in the same resort.

Agreed, although it would make a very nice Christmas parade for the Studios park. As Fantillusion only runs during the summer months, they could switch between the two. And it gets dark enough, early enough during the winter, that you could run the parade at 18h00, so it wouldn't even matter if the park was closing early.
    Really, fantillusion only in the summer: , I'm sure I will be seeing it at new year. Would be a nice idea to have msep at wds, but isn't the parade somewhere in China surely for HKDL, if only they would perform it.

Fantillusion is definately on in the Christmas Season as well!

Tomorrow I'm off to DLRP and I am eager to see this light spectacle again!

Happy Holiday's

Kees