Forward or Backwards

When I returned to Disneyland Park last month after a long time, I was relieved that they changed the Indiana Jones and the Tempel of Peril back to normal . Now it rides forward again instead of backwards. I went on it and had a greater thrill then on the Backwards version! It is so much better when you can see the track in front of you, and can see what great perils lay before you. With the backwards version it was just like going into a Simulator(like Star Tours) because you cant see what happens and you just bump your way to the end of the track.
    Whats your oppinion? Is the original better or the Backwards?

• Membre

The current version (forward) is far better !!!

• Rock The World

Je suis completement d'accord avec vous! I agree completely!
    As an ex-Cast Member of the attraction, I much prefer the Forwards version. It shows off the detailed theming to far greater effect. It's also made the ride much more popular with guests, and wait times are now regularly in excess of twenty minutes. When the ride was " l'invers" (backwards), wait times were usually five minutes on average.

• Banned User

I prefer facing forward as well. Going backwards was very painful to my neck.

• Rock The World

It should be interesting to see what happens with Raging Spirits in DisneySea. This is basically going to be Temple of Peril - Mission 2! There are already plans to adapt the Parisian ride, by the way, and add various fire and water effects.

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    It should be interesting to see what happens with Raging Spirits in DisneySea. This is basically going to be Temple of Peril - Mission 2! There are already plans to adapt the Parisian ride, by the way, and add various fire and water effects.
    It would be great if Paris got some fire effects added to the forward ride. Water effects involves changing the track (right?), so thats to much to hope for. But some spectacular additions to the ride, as long as it stays forwards, will be great!