Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

What you actually like about WDS

Ok I've read many post from people through out the years bashing the Studios and to my credit I've been one of them.However today I'd like to start a thread to talk about what I like about the Studios.And I'd like others to come foward with there positive views on the second Paris park.Please also lets not use this as an escuse to once again criticise the Studios because of its faults as that argument is tired now and I want to look towards the Studios future and before we get to its future lets look at its present and what this park got right first time.

Cinemagique:Cinemagique is probarely the best film attraction Disney has ever made for a theme park,I could go watch it today and garantee I'd leave with a tear in my eye.

Rock N Roller Coaster:In my opinion this takes the version added in Florida to a differn't level with the replacing of the set pieces in return for the flashing lights which gives you the impression your in some kind of high tech night club or disco.

What do you guys like?

• Minion

Re: What you actually like about WDS

Sadly, I have yet to visit it since it was not open yet when I visited Disneyland Paris. But from the pictures, it looks like a pretty little park. I like the entrance area with the Fantasia fountain.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Definitely the Rock n' Roller Coaster. It's a blast and the synchronised lighting seems to be more effective than rushing past road signs at high speed, it suits the music and you don't have to focus on 1 particular element, it's an overall experience.
    I visit the park everytime I'm there for this ride!
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Actually the first time i've visited the WDS was for a Cast Preview 2 Months before the park opened .

The park smelled the fresh paint throughout the park . Everywhere is was written that the park was in preview and everything will change .

two months later was the Official Opening of the Park back in March 2002 . And already the guests didn't show up due to the bad reputation of the park with the press .

The Press people didn't like the park very much . Animagique was still closed at this time and '' Disney Channel '' was still a '' Live Recording " .

We had some rumors to see the constructions for the futur TOT and be open in 2004 . But no the bad results cancelled the TOT projects .

The first rumors for the park was Muppets Vission , Buzz Lightyear and TOT .

I was surprised to see the Flying Carpets at the Studios . wait it's not supposed to be at Adventureland instead ? Nevermind it's there forever and ever .

After 5 Years what's new actually we had a new Parade Called '' Disney Cinema Parade '' and '' Cyber Space Mountain " that's it since 5 Years at the WDS .

For me Front Lot will remain the best themed area of the park we'll see when tot will open .
    HKDL : Done !!!

i think the Lights Motors Action stunt show (or what ever it is called) is AMAZING! i really enjoy stunt shows and have seen many around the world but this is by far the best i've seen.

i think the problem with the park is that it's too cramped. All the rides and attractions appear close together, this has the effect of limiting the amount of landscaping which is needed, this makes the park look bland and unappealing. i'm an engineer and i love simple designed buildings yet even in my opinion there is way to many large open expanses with just concrete in sight. The compact nature of the park also has the effect of allowing guests to move around the park from attraction to attraction quickly. Consequently when i visited the park in 2004 we were able to go on every attraction and see every showe and the parade in the parkn and by about 4PM we went to the Disneyland park. i don't personally believe this park is bad, or even that when it opened it had too few attractions (although it could have used more) it just needs better planning and layout. i personally love the shows and i am really impressed with the ones which the studios has. the problem i have is that when we try to plan our day at the studios we organsied it (roughly) around show times and fitted the rides in around this. the only problem was that with only 6 rides we'd done them all too quickly and we having to go back and ride them again. i love leaving a Disney park feeling as though there something that i've not yet done and there more i could do as it makes me want to come back again. unfortunately i did not get this from the walt disney studios park.

so to conclude...

Walt Disney Studios, Great shows (light moteurs action, Cinemagique) and good rides (rock 'n' roller, backlot tour) if the park just changes the facades and adds some greenery i think it will become a wonderful place to go.

• Diamond In The Rough

As others have said CineMagique is fantastic, LMA is a great show and RnR is up there with the WDW version
    (if only the WDS pre-show was half as good - it makes no sense!).

I personally also like Armageddon a lot - minus it's boring-a$$ pre-show.
    The London "Reign Of Fire" set on the tram tour is also very impressive (more impressive than anything on the WDW tour).

Here's hoping the additions/changes over the next year really bring the park up to scratch...

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

What I like about the studios? Well for starters I like the idea!

I think the entrance and the whole of Front Lot is very well done! When you enter through the enormous gates and see Place des Frères Lumière...whoohoo! The Fantasia fountains and especially the music! Big Blockbuster soundtracks! Harry Potter, LOTR, James Bond and much more John Williams and Danny Elfman, great! It makes the little square a very magical place and I instantly get the 'going to the movies' feeling.

The whole idea of styling fits me as well. The Pueblo Deco (art deco) thing could make it a very warm place!

As for attractions: I love Cinemagique! It just has it all to make it a complete Disney experience, and as suited above possibly the best film attraction!
    I was also very impressed by Lights Motors Action show. I'm not that into stunt shows but this one really carried me away And they made it fit the backstage theme as well.
    When the lights are working RnRC is a top notch coaster! They spend a lot of attention to the queue and that turned out well. And for the ride itself one word: launch!! Oh yeah!

These were the first things I like I could think of...
    I'm sure I forgot something but I'll check back
    - Milo

Cool Re: What you actually like about WDS

I like Studio 1 a lot!! When I think about WDS the first in my mind
    is Studio 1. The attractions I like are Cinemagique , The Stunt Show ,
    Rock N Rollercoaster , Armageddon (the show is great , but make another
    preshow!!) and the Studio Tram Tour is just relaxing.

The only thing I really don't like is the TV Tour , when the TS opens,
    please close this attraction immediatly!

(sorry for the bad english)

• Sock Puppet

I think we can all agree that Cinemagique is terrific.

Lips are now zipped.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Japper View Post

The only thing I really don't like is the TV Tour , when the TS opens,
    please close this attraction immediatly!

(sorry for the bad english)
    There is a strong rumour making the rounds that the lame TV Tour will actually be making some changes soon and will be the future home of Stitch,a attraction thats very popular down in Hong Kong Disneyland.But time will tell I guess.

Great coments so far guys lets keep them coming hey

• Hello!

I like the atmosphere in Studio 1, Motoers, Action Stunt Show Spectacular, frontlot, RNRC, Catastrophe Canyon, London Street Set (Basically the main bits in the tram tour), Cinemagique and surprisingly enough Animagique!

I am sure by 2010, WDS will be the second gate it deserves to be!

• Plastic Monkey

ciniemagique

and 'the cute one'
    We Play Rock and Roll

• Stop That!

I too like WDS' RnR, despite at first being disappointed that the ride itself wasn't actually themed to anything. But the sensory-overload nature with the flashing lights, loud music, and overwhelming intensity really ended up working for me though!

(Hmm, it's hard with a park so small to come up with things that no one has already said...)

I did come across this site (http://www.photosmagiques.com/specia...rets/index.php) the other day, which lists some of the details the imagineers put into the background of WDS for guests to discover on their own. I missed some of them when I was there, but it sums up what I really enjoy about Disney parks!

• Banned User

Cinemagique is the only reason to visit WDSP now a days, but thinsg may change once they finish the Crush coaster ride... We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Cinemagique is the only reason to visit WDSP now a days, but thinsg may change once they finish the Crush coaster ride... We'll see.

you're right . I would love to see a Xmas Parade at the studios but it's impossible .

by your recent visit TDLFAN in the resort what do you think about the quality ?

Does DLRP is trying to do some efforts to keep the quality very nice but not as it was like two years ago ?
    HKDL : Done !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast