Thread: Late Fastpasses

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Late Fastpasses

As most of you may know, at WDW and DL there is no problem using a FP anytime after the window opens, even if it's hours later. Is it a similar situation in Paris? While of course I appreciate anyone that tries to help, I'd specifically like to hear the experiences of those that have actually successfully or unsuccessfully used late FPs. If you merely saw someone else being turned away, I would ask that you indicate if you actually heard what was said to them, or how you otherwise know for certain that the reason they were turned away is because the FP expired.

Merci beaucoup.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Banned User

Re: Late Fastpasses

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick View Post
    As most of you may know, at WDW and DL there is no problem using a FP anytime after the window opens, even if it's hours later.
    Actually, there has been a crack down recently at some rides at WDW. 'Soarin' in particular... they are making sure your ticket is valid. On Dec 31st, I was witnessed to a family being turned away because they showed up late. Of course... they may only be doing this when it's crowded at the parks or stand by lines become way too long.

As for DLP... I don't know about getting there late, but I can tell you this much.. on my last visit to the park, I got a FP for Space Mountain and proceeded to walk on the ride, because the FP line seemed poorly managed. SURE enough! I got thru and ride hours before my time, simply because the CM didn't seem to be bothering checking for the times on the FP ticket. It's yet one reason why I feel FP needs to be eliminated. Poor enforcement and administration of the system as a whole.

• Plastic Monkey

used late ones a few times for btm, never a problem
    though offically you cannot, and i have been told that (at peter pan, was in time there though) guess it depends on who is on line duty
    We Play Rock and Roll

I use FP on most of the popular rides and they only checked the ticket once: on Big Thunder Mountain where lines can get REALLY long...
    - Milo

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Late Fastpasses

Seems to cinfirm the impressions I'd gotten, namely:

They don't instruct CMs to take them late like in the USA
    CMs In DLP aren't always paying too close attention.

Unless something has changed TDLFAN, it's likely that your experience at Soarin' was due to earlier problems with the attraction. Before our trip in 2005, when I was watching WDW info more closely than lately, I'd seen confirmations from CMs and a professional tour guide that CMs are told to take late ones. The only reason otherwise was someone new or the situation above. That could have changed since, of course. However, I think FPs are one of the best theme park ideas to come along recently.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

I asked this very same question on some other Disney boards, and the answers I received were consistent in saying that you pretty much had to use the FPs within the times printed on the ticket. Some people seemed to think it absurd that anyone would do otherwise.

At DL, we almost *never* use our FPs on time; it's just convenient to go back whenever we get over to that ride. Having to keep track of when a FP is valid is just never on my radar. It seems like an unnecessary complication and be somewhere at a certain time, but that's just me.

At DLP, it seems like the FPs are gone for the day faster than either DL or WDW too. Their system sounds slightly different too: You can get FPs for multiple rides (different rides, not multiple FPs for the same ride, per ticket--does that make sense?). So, what you can do is make the rounds first thing, collecting FPs for the rides you want to go on later. They don't have the same block-out window of time where you can only have one FP at a time as DL does. That might attribute to the reason why the DLP FPs go so fast in the day.

In addition, at DLP, there are several other types of FPs. If you stay at one of the Disney hotels, you can get one FP per person per day in addition to whatever FPs you might get on your own at the parks. And, if you stay at the DLH Castle Club or at the Newport Bay's suites, you can get VIP FPs, which, to pinch a phrase, give you unlimited cosmic power in the FP world. But that unlimited cosmic power comes at a, ahem, premium price.

Hope that helps...

• wasting time

The thing about FastPass in EDL that scares me is the amount of time the FP is valid is much shorter than the FP's in DL. In DL FP's are valid for an hour [ex: return between 2:30 & 3:30] while in EDL some of the FP's are valid for as little as 20 minutes [ex: return between 16:20 & 16:40]. Yikes!

On my trips sometimes the CM's still accept the FP's but other times they don't. Usually when I book my trips I specially request VIP FastPass** & pay extra if necessary.

**= The VIP FastPass is a pass that (like your parkhopper ticket) is valid for the entire length of your visit, gets you in all the FP lines, you can use it as many times as you want, and you never have to surrender it.