Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Is Disneyland Paris "creepy"?

My younger sister is studying in the UK this term and next. We're considering a one-day side trip to Disneyland Paris (we've never been) when we visit Paris in late March. She's having second thoughts, however, because she has been told by numerous friends and classmates that Disneyland Paris is rather creepy. When asked to explain what they meant, they replied that the park is "creepy" as in creepy guys (young and old) following young girls and women around the park in a rather perv way.

Has anyone heard of such "creepiness"? It sounded far fetched to me, but she has heard it from different people. I'm inclined to tell her "surely not" but will hate to be proved wrong.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Is Disneyland Paris "creepy"?

I have no clue but it is Paris. Whenever I think of French men, I think of that one guy that was on I Love Lucy.

• Gay Man

I didn't have men following me either time I was at DLRP.

What's wrong with me? I'm not chopped liver, you know!

• is satisfactual.

Absolute nonsense. My stalking is not creepy or pervy.

• Plastic Monkey

its called security
    We Play Rock and Roll

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

I loved it. But creepy guys never want anything to do with me.
    Fight On! Beat the Utes!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by vraquel View Post
    My younger sister is studying in the UK this term and next. We're considering a one-day side trip to Disneyland Paris (we've never been) when we visit Paris in late March. She's having second thoughts, however, because she has been told by numerous friends and classmates that Disneyland Paris is rather creepy. When asked to explain what they meant, they replied that the park is "creepy" as in creepy guys (young and old) following young girls and women around the park in a rather perv way.

Has anyone heard of such "creepiness"? It sounded far fetched to me, but she has heard it from different people. I'm inclined to tell her "surely not" but will hate to be proved wrong.
    That's such a bunch of Bull Crap. Don't listen to those idiots.

• Coming Soon To RCT2...

Cmon' its Disneyland!
    That's all I have to say..
    ***SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION***
    No, not really, i'm not working on a signature, I just said that because my signature space looks empty.

• Membre

Brits have a great sense of humour. I love it. Really.

• Hello!

I wouldn't say so. Over the three times I have been there I have never seen creepy men follow women and girls around the park in a perv way. What I have seen though at Disneyland Paris is shoplifters.

• Main Street Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Fantillusion View Post
    I wouldn't say so. Over the three times I have been there I have never seen creepy men follow women and girls around the park in a perv way. What I have seen though at Disneyland Paris is shoplifters.
    Through all the times I visited DLRP, I never felt in danger or being stalked. The only thing that made me feel a little in discomfort once was when I met a bunch of banlieu teenagers annoying cast members and guests with their very unrespectful behaviour (cutting lines, staring at women, talking loudly, in every sense, while riding attractions or waiting in line etc.).

It happened just once though. It wasn't a pleasant experience but I wouldn't mind very much. I always feel very safe at Disney.
    Visit my blog at

2008: Disneyland (15 years after the 1st visit!)
    2007: World of Disney New York City
    2006 Disneyland Resort Paris
    1992: Euro Disney Resort
    2005: Tokyo Disney Resort
    1998-2005: Disneyland Paris
    1997: Walt Disney World
    1993: Disneyland

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Wow what nonsense I've never seen any of this at Disneyland Paris.Sounds like your sisters classmates and friends are winding her up.

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Wow what nonsense I've never seen any of this at Disneyland Paris.Sounds like your sisters classmates and friends are winding her up.
    This is generally true - I don't think you're ever likely to be in much danger while in either of the theme parks. However, during my time as a Castmember in the Disneyland Park, I had to deal with a couple of instances of women and girls (British, in both cases) complaining of being followed by shady characters.

In the one instance, a group of school girls and their teacher claimed two men had been following them for over an hour. The teacher seemed more worried than the girls, who seemed to be taking it in their stride. (They were more interested in the rides than anything else.) I accompanied the girls around the queue, and there didn't seem to be anyone following us.

In the second case, a mother and her two teenage daughters came and told me that two men had followed them from Space Mountain to Big Thunder Mountain, and onwards to Indiana Jones, where I was working. They had already entered the queue, where they had confronted the men, who made a break for it into the bamboo forest surrounding the ride. I caught two Italians sneaking out of the exit, the women identified them, and I called security, who arrived in less than two minutes and accompanied the men to the other side of the park, after a stern lecture.

Although such behaviour isn't the norm, I won't say it never happens. But to answer your original question, no, DLRP is definitely not "creepy". If you do feel someone is following you, grab the nearest Cast Member.

The only thing creepy about DLP is the team that manages the park ... and I doubt they go around following young girls.

• insufferable know-it-all

I never had that issue the times I went to DLP, but then again, creepy men generally do not tail fat chicks. Another advantage of "livin' it large", LOL

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast