• Disneyland Paris Fan

Going in september; Sequoia or Newport Bay

Finally I am going tot DLP again in september, haven't been able to go because of work and becoming a dad. I have been tot DLP numerous times, but have never stayed on site.

What hotel do you recommend; Sequoia or Newport Bay? Or should I pay a litte extra for New York? I am going with my wife and child of 1 1/2 year.
    Last edited by Tommie; 02-02-2007 at 05:28 AM.

• MiceAge Columnist

Re: Going in september; Sequoia or Newport Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
    Finally I am going tot DLP again in september, haven't been able to go because of work and becoming a dad. I have been tot DLP numerous times, but have never stayed on site.

What hotel do you recommend; Sequoia or Newport Bay? Or should I pay a litte extra for Newy York? I am goign with my wife and child of 1 1/2 year.
    I really prefer the Sequoia the Newport Bay, its seems smaller and more friendly.

Ian
    "I'm surrounded by idiots"

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

We stayed at the Sequoia last January and it was fabulous! It was very "national park" and woodsy. But I don't think you can go wrong no matter where you stay. Have a great trip and don't forget to tell us all about it.

• Hello!

Although have never stayed there, I would definetly say Sequoia. It has in my opinion (Have been round it but not stayed) a better atmosphere. I also think the pool is better at Sequoia.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    It was very "national park" and woodsy.
    Woodsy? Really? Those three trees?

• Gay Man

I've stayed at Sequpia twice and, other than an opportunity to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, I would stay at Sequoia again. I was lucky enough to get a front balcony room the first visit and it was magical. The second visit we went with friends sort of last minute and shared a room. It was a bit small that time.

I stayed at the Sequoia also and enjoyed it very much. Only disappointment was with the lobby I was expecting something grander more like WDW's Wilderness Lodge or DLR's Grand Californian Hotel lobby. But the staff was friendly and helpful.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Only disappointment was with the lobby I was expecting something grander more like WDW's Wilderness Lodge or DLR's Grand Californian Hotel lobby.
    You have a valid point, and I hear this a lot, but I can't help but wonder why everyone expects a moderate hotel to live up to the grandeur of these deluxe hotels? When it comes to Disney hotels, large atriums appear to have been consistently applied only to those of four stars and up.

Well in the excitement of booking the trip I guess we did not consider the rating of the hotel. Also considering that I had never been there before I just made the assumption that because of how big it looked from photos it would have a better lobby. Not really a huge disappointment but just wasn't expecting it to be as it was. Also maybe since the general theme was similar to WL and GCH I figured the could have done more with the Sequoia.

Red Face Re: Going in september; Sequoia or Newport Bay

We stayed at Sequoia twice. It's very nice. And if you like the feeling of some, well let's say, canadien wilderness lodges, it's definetly yours.
    If you are more interrested in a more mediteranian New England style, take Newport Bay. Been there 3 times. Loved it too. Both are worth every cent.
    New York Hotel is impressive, but a little cold in atmosphere. Been there only once. Just my opinion.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

First of Tommie congratulations on deciding to return to the Resort,as you can tell from one of my other post I've picked to stay at the Santa Fe due to limited funds.Now had I not be going to Tokyo the week before I would of certainly booked to stay at the Sequoia Lodge,as I think its a top hotel and rates are cheaper than Newport Bay and that will give you more Euro's to spend on all that 15th Anniversay Merchadise.

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Thanx for all the advice. It will probably be Sequoia for us! Luckily I just received the new brochure in which it says that I will get a 120 euro discount when booking before May 31th!

One last question; the pool is not in the mainbuilding. Is this considered a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
    One last question; the pool is not in the mainbuilding. Is this considered a problem?

I didn't have any problems with it.