First Visit to Disneyland Paris!

Hi everybody!
    I'm planning on going to DLP early next year for the first time. I will be traveling to Paris by airplane and would have to get to the resort using public transportation. My question is how difficult is it to get to DLP from the airport and which of the on-site resorts is the better choice for a first timer on a budget? Any advise would be welcome. Thanks!

• Gay Man

From Charles de Gaul you can take the Disney Bus that will take you directly to your resort. The cost is about 15 There are 6 "official" Disney resorts. The Cheyenne and the Santa Fe are the cheapest and the furthest away. Check pricing on the mid-level resorts as well. Those are the Sequoia and the Newport. Remember, your charge includes park admission at these resorts.

• Rock The World

Be warned that the shuttle busses take a looooong time to get to the resort, as they stop at every town and hotel on the way. It's about a two hour trip.
    A better bet (if you're flying into Charles de Gaulle airport) would be to take the TGV. It's the high speed train netweork, and will get you to the resort in style and comfort in a little over ten minutes. And it's usually only a little more expensive than the bus, as long as you book early. (Visit www.tgv.com)

• Gay Man

The Disney Shuttle only stops at the Disney resorts - and that is IF there's someone on your bus that needs to go there. I think it took me 40 minutes the first time and 30 the second. Also, if you're waiting for the bus, you can often get a taxi ****tle for the same price. The usually come by and offer.

You should go to Kyriad hotel!
    It is a really great Disney hotel with everything a Disney Fan needs!
    Disney Boutique, good breakfast, nice clean rooms, great bathrooms, a shuttlebus that takes you to the park in 7 minutes and departs every ten minutes!
    But it is also not that expencive as the rest of the Disney Hotels!

• Gay Man

Kyrian is not a "Disney" hotel. It is located near the resort, but, for the real magic, I prefer one of the Disney 6. I also like to walk to the Parks, as the lake is pretty and there are giant swans that live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid
    Kyrian is not a "Disney" hotel. It is located near the resort, but, for the real magic, I prefer one of the Disney 6. I also like to walk to the Parks, as the lake is pretty and there are giant swans that live there.
    Kyriad IS a Disney Hotel. It is on the Disneyland Resort Paris Map indicated as one of the Disney Hotels. What you mean are the "Official Disney Hotels". And indeed Kyriad isn't part of them. And in my opinion the official one's only have distance to the Parks as an advantage. Only the Disneyland Hotel really is different.

• Gay Man

I prefer the Delux and Moderate Official Hotels - the ones build and operated by Disney. Kyriad is not in the same class - although I;ve had friends stay there and like it. After having been to DLRP a few time, I might condiser staying off property as well, but I would never recommend anyone doing that for their first visit. It is much different than staying off property at Disneyland.

Thanks for the information. I think I'm leaning towards the Santa Fe or Cheyenne for my hotel and the Disney bus. Thanks again!

I just got back and stayed at the Sequoia Lodge. It was nice and I recommend it. The walk to the parks through the cheesy Disney Village was about 10 minutes or so.

I think if you don't have much in the way of luggage you should take the RER train. Paris has an amazing metro system. Take advantage of it. The station is right by the parks and you hang a left to catch all the buses to the various hotels. Couldn't be easier. If I can figure it out so can you!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Membre

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67
    I just got back and stayed at the Sequoia Lodge. It was nice and I recommend it. The walk to the parks through the cheesy Disney Village was about 10 minutes or so.
    I'm glad to hear you had a nice stay. I saw that Disney's Hotels are being refurbished, especially Sequoia Lodge with large scaffoldings all around the main building... I think it's good they refurbish and enhance hotels too.