Going in June with a 7 month old baby

Hi, we intend to visit DLRP in June/July this year.
    Our daughter will be seven month by that time.
    Are there any do's and dont's. Every advice is very welcome.
    Last edited by Reiana; 02-08-2007 at 04:58 AM.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Going in June with a 7 month old baby

Disney has a good section up on its site,with lots of helpful advice etc.

http://experience.disneylandparis.co...ds/index.xhtml

• is satisfactual.

To be perfectly blunt, I must admit I usually advise people not to go at all with children that young. People I know who did tend to've regretted it afterwards. The experience just works a lot better once your child has developed a disinclination to pee on you. You're basically paying heaps of money for an experience that's no good to them as they've no idea what's going on and hardly any good for you as you get to schlep around the world's neediest Tamagotchi through dog-eat-dog queues all day long.

But that's not to say you won't have a great time of course. What do I know.

And more important I think, babies need calm and solf areas ! A whole day at Disneyland is a too noisy and stressing experience for a little baby !

• All you need is LOVE

Families with toddlers section
    Find out where baby stations are etc..

http://us.experience.disneylandparis...ds/index.xhtml

www.disneylandparis.com

Thanks for the advice guys.
    We think about staying for 5 days, so we can take a break every time, we want or have to. So maybe it's not too stressful for her.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Our son has visited DLP age 3 months, 10 months, 2 years, 3 years and WDW age 3.5 years

Our daughter was 5 months, 1 year and WDW age 18 months.

We have all had a blast. The key is take it slow, stop for breaks, enjoy the characters, parades and such. Remember it's not about the rides per say. Our babies loved It's a Small World and Buzz.

Go and have a great time. True, it's not about them remembering. It's about you having great memories with your little one.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Thanks davewasbaloo. I must admit, I was a little bit worried, that it could be a bit to early, but is seems to me, you had a great time.

• We wants the Redhead

I think it will be very special trip... Only things I would recommend is to invest in a baby sling. That way the baby can sleep and nuse comfortably while on the go. Also, instead of sitting down on a bench and nursing the baby, I would nurse on the slow rides. That way you kill two birds with one stone....
    Janet
    John 3:16

Talking Re: Going in June with a 7 month old baby

Quote Originally Posted by Reiana View Post
    Thanks davewasbaloo. I must admit, I was a little bit worried, that it could be a bit to early, but is seems to me, you had a great time.
    Well we've racked up hundreds of days at Disney resorts around the globe, and I can quite honestly say that the best trips (other than my honeymoon) were with the children.

But be careful, it's addictive. And my kids are now hooked. When we say we are going to the park, my 3 year old says "Ride the teacups?" - then i have to explain that there are parks besides Disney parks.

Some tips - the restaurants will warm milk for you, or we found we would ask for a large coke cup to be filled with hot water, and we would put bottles in them to heat up.

Also, the baby facilities are at the end of Main Street towards Discoveryland and also in the Front Lot at the Studios. These are great facilities for changing (although all bathrooms have changing facilities) they have microwaves, bottle warmers and sinks. There are rocking chairs and high chairs too. Please be advised that strollers need to be left outside.

The table service restaurants have high chairs that are quite comfortable, and we found the cast members throughout the resorts are fantyastic with babies.

Where are you staying? If you need any further advice, let us know. We have spent about 90 days at DLP, eaten in every restaurant, and stayed in every hotel except the Mariott Vacation Club (where we are staying this June).

Have a great time, and just remember to take it slow (and use baby switch if you want to step up the thrills a bit). Simply ask the cast member at the front of the attraction how baby switch works for that attraction. In most cases, one of you gets in the queue while the other stays with the baby and the person staying is given a ticket. The person with the baby goes to the exit and when their partner gets off the ride, the other can get on without queing (and normally you can take one person with you again (three in WDW)). It does work slightly differently at each attraction, so be sure to ask the cast member.

Have a wonderful time!

Thanks again.
    We're staying at New Port Bay Hotel. It will be the third time at NPB (it's my favourite hotel) and the 9th time in DLRP. First time with child. Any tips and tricks for the NPB?
    Is there a restriction for Phantom Manor and Pirates of the Caribbean? Can't remember, but I don't think so.

For the Newport Bay, with a little one, I would contact the hotel in advance and ask for a room near the lifts/elevators.

As for Phantom Manor and PotC, there are no restrictions per se, however, be sure to hold on tight to the little one going down the waterfalls.

Don't worry. I will hold her tight.
    Thanks again for your advice. I wish you all the best for your trip in june.