Red Face Going to DLP 2-25-07 help

We are going from downtown Paris to the Marriott vacation club at DLP for two days. Need help on best way to get there and spend the day there.
    RER 4? train from downtown we are told and then TGV on Monday am to CDG airport. Do we purchase the TGV tickets at DLP station?

Anyone been to the Marriott? shuttle to DLP or taxi?
    We are Disneyland Calif fans

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Going to DLP 2-25-07 help

Can't really advise you on any of that Robi but anything you want to know about the actual Resort Im your man so let me know.

How about park restaurants and good eats? and Downtown disney after hours?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

They are lots of fine resturants to enjoy while at the Resort.May I recomend these fine website http://www.dlpfoodguide.com/ or http://entertainment.disneylandparis...rs/index.xhtml My personal recomendations are Walt's and the Blue Lagoon resturants inside the Disneyland Parc and the California Grill for fine dining,also the later offers fine views of the park!!

The Downtown Disney area is known as the Disney Village and offers the usual assortment of Disney shops and Planet Hollywood/Rain Forest cafe/McDonald style resturants.The area also have a night club called Hurricanes and a cinema complex that shows English movies every Thursday.Also if you have time make sure you watch the Buffalo Bill's Wild West Dinner Show and take a trip up the PanoraMagique

• Disneyland Paris Fan

All the information on the Marriot, look into this article by Yesterland: http://www.yesterland.com/parisvillas.html

For all the information on the TGV, look here: http://www.tgv.com/EN/

Disney Village is nice, but don't expect Downtown Disney! It is smaller and not as "luxurious" I would say.

Near Disneyland and the Marriot (1 RER-stop from the Disneyland parc) is very nice mall for you regular shopping and a litte bit of dining. Look for more info here: http://www.valdeurope.fr/34-8717-English-version.php
    It is a regular mall like you can also find in the US, but it still is a pleasant mall with a nice atmosphere. They also have a very big supermarket (or hypermarché as the French say!).
    Next to the mall is also a very pleasant outlet-mall and a sea-aquarium (Sea Life). The malls and Sea Life are on Disney property, no real theming, but just a very pleasant landscaping etc.
    Last edited by Tommie; 02-16-2007 at 02:01 PM.

Smile Re: Going to DLP 2-25-07 help

Thank you for your reply, ready or not here we come. I am hoping we can book the TGV train when we get there.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

The RER train from city center is GREAT! Plus you get to see what the outer areas of Paris looks like from the comfort of a train. Not sure about the trip to CDG.

I ate at Annettes and it was, alright. Nothing to write home about. I've heard Walts on Main St. is good.

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Quote Originally Posted by robi View Post
    Thank you for your reply, ready or not here we come. I am hoping we can book the TGV train when we get there.
    Normally yes. It is a very regular train. Through the site you can also book online; you start in english but finish at a french site. But very understandable.

BTW France is a very efficient country regarding their public transport. Especially in Paris and even more so with their TGV. That really is their national pride.

Have fun!

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

For Dining:

California Grill at the Disneyland Hotel, although expensive is one of the best Disney Dining expereinces anywhere. My list:

1. Napa Rose - DL Grand Californian
    2. Victoria and Albert's - WDW
    3 California Grill - DLP
    4. Le Cellier - WDW
    5. California Grill - WDW

For comparison. I also highly rate Walt's, the Silver Spur, the Steakhouse, the Yacht Club, Manhatten Grill, and for fun do not forget Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Just a quick note that in preperation for my future visit to DLP, I noticed the Marriott Vacation Club was offering a spring special with villas that sleep six for 150 euros a night.

That sounds like a phenomenal deal to me.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Just a quick note that in preperation for my future visit to DLP, I noticed the Marriott Vacation Club was offering a spring special with villas that sleep six for 150 euros a night.

That sounds like a phenomenal deal to me.
    Yep - we're going to try it out in June, staying for 2 weeks so we can also enjoy Provins, Reims and the Champagne district, the Louvre, Versailles, Parc Asterix and I may even play a round of golf! Reviews state it's the second best place to stay in the area after the DLH. The place is bigger than my house, has a washer (great for kids) and DVD player, we can't wait to try it out - and at 150 Euro - it's not much more than the Santa Fe or the Holiday Inn!!!
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!