Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disneyland Grandee

Re: Train from Paris to Disneyland Paris

Wow, all you guys are a wealth of info. Where were you when I was planning and trying to figure things out??!!

One more bit of important info Nick. Hold on to your ticket when you get on the train anywhere in Paris. You'll need it to scan the exit turnstile to get out of the station at your end destination. This is also true of just about any public transport throughout Europe.
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by V1213 View Post
    If you miss the last RER Metro train like TDLFan did your only other public transport option is the Noctilien bus network that partially covers for the Metro and RER systems during their nightly close. Noctilien bus route N130 travels all the way out to Marne-la-Vallee-Chéssy so you can still catch the bus between Paris and the resort when the RER isn't running. A map is available here.

The same tickets are valid on RER, Metro and RATP Paris tram and bus services (including Noctilien) so it's easy to take advantage of all services if required.
    GREAT! Now *I* am learning something I didn't know... Great info!!!! But looking at this map... I can't quite make out which Noctilien Bus route would get me from Charles De Gaulle-Etoile to the vecinity of Bir Hakeim-Tour Eiffel... Help?

Okay, so I got some more information. My friend lives at the end of line 10 at Boulogne Pont de St-Cloud. This is far from Marne-la-Vallee. As such I think I am going to take the train one day early in the morning and get a hotel. Drop my bag off early in the morning, then spend the night there. The next day check out and just have the hotel hold my luggage until later that night when I take the train back. He says it would take an hour to an hour and a half to get from his place to DLP which probably isn't worth it to do at the beginning of end of both days. Agreed? So now that I am going to be spending a night there, I'm looking for hotels. I'm open for both budget and high end recommendations. I'm probably either going to go for something as budget as possible or the Disneyland Hotel. It's hard for me to justify things in between. I'd love to hear some opinions.

And after seeing prices of 420 something per night, I've decided to go the cheap route. What are some good cheaper places to stay near here?

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    GREAT! Now *I* am learning something I didn't know... Great info!!!! But looking at this map... I can't quite make out which Noctilien Bus route would get me from Charles De Gaulle-Etoile to the vecinity of Bir Hakeim-Tour Eiffel... Help?
    I've had a play with the French interactive map and journey planner system and it recommends taking the N11 bus from Charles de Gaulle-Etoile to the Champs Elysee stop, chaning to the N02 bus down to Gare Montparnasse where you then change to bus N61 or N12 through to Pont de Grenelle - Place Fernand Forest, which is then a straight 700m walk up Quai de Grenelle along the Seine to the Bir Hakeim Metro stop.
    Alternatively you can take N53 straight from Charles de Gaulle-Etoile to the Trocadero stop, which will then drop you around 1.5km away from Bir Hakeim but if you were staying somewhere closer the Eiffel Tower it may be a better option.

Unfortunately you wanted to get to somewhere that doesn't have great Noctilien access. At least they have a proper late night bus network that runs everyday, which is more than most cities can say!
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Okay, so I got some more information. My friend lives at the end of line 10 at Boulogne Pont de St-Cloud. This is far from Marne-la-Vallee. As such I think I am going to take the train one day early in the morning and get a hotel. Drop my bag off early in the morning, then spend the night there. The next day check out and just have the hotel hold my luggage until later that night when I take the train back. He says it would take an hour to an hour and a half to get from his place to DLP which probably isn't worth it to do at the beginning of end of both days. Agreed? So now that I am going to be spending a night there, I'm looking for hotels. I'm open for both budget and high end recommendations. I'm probably either going to go for something as budget as possible or the Disneyland Hotel. It's hard for me to justify things in between. I'd love to hear some opinions.
    You can do the trip in just over an hour if you take the tram from just across the Seine from the terminus of Metro line 10.
    There's a stop on Tram line 2 at Parc de Saint Cloud, from there it's just 12 minutes up to La Defense, where you can change to the RER line A. It's a 50 minute ride to Disneyland from La Defense, so if you left at 8:30am you could get to the park for 10am. If you left the park at 10pm you would be back by midnight and avoid missing the last trains of the day.
    You can also get to Disneyland in a bit over an hour by taking Metro line 10 to Cluny La Sorbonne, changing to RER B (St Michel-Notre Dame), get off at Chatelet Les Halles (next stop) and change to the RER A there.

Thus I argue it is viable to do a commute to and from the resort at the beginning and end of the day, especially if staying one night means that you have to break your day in the park to the arrival afternoon and the departure morning as compared to the single whole day experience that can be acheived by commuting 1 hour at the start and end of the day.
    I've done one day trips to DLRP from Laumiere on line 5 twice before and had no problems with the hour long trip to get out there and back.

That's just my preference but ultimately it's your choice.
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by V1213 View Post
    Alternatively you can take N53 straight from Charles de Gaulle-Etoile to the Trocadero stop, which will then drop you around 1.5km away from Bir Hakeim but if you were staying somewhere closer the Eiffel Tower it may be a better option.

Unfortunately you wanted to get to somewhere that doesn't have great Noctilien access. At least they have a proper late night bus network that runs everyday, which is more than most cities can say!
    Actually, getting off at Trocadero would be just fine for my needs. It's only about 10 mins away from my usual hotel. Thanks for the info.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

And after seeing prices of 420 something per night, I've decided to go the cheap route. What are some good cheaper places to stay near here?
    There is a Holiday Inn about ten minutes from the park (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...equestid=3667). Prices start at about 60 euros a night. From what I've read, it's just okay,

http://www.tripadvisor.de/Hotel_Revi...de_France.html

http://www0.epinions.com/Holiday_Inn_Disneyland_Paris

but it's about as well as you can do on a budget if you want to be within a short taxi or shuttle bus ride to the parks.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

When we were in Paris last year, we bought a Carte Orange. That's a Metro/RER/bus pass good for a week (ask for a "coupon hebdo") from Monday to Sunday. You can get them for various zones of the city transport system. A card for Zones 1-5 (which includes Disneyland, Versailles, AND the two airports) for a week is 31.5 Euros. Considering that a single round trip to Disneyland is 12.5 Euros, the Carte Orange is a steal. Anybody can buy one, they're not just for Paris residents

The card requires a small photo ID, but there are photo machines at all the major train stations. Get the card from a ticket booth -- the automated ticket machines DO NOT take American credit cards, just the European cards with those smart chips.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    There is a Holiday Inn about ten minutes from the park (...) From what I've read, it's just okay
    Well, no Holiday Inn is going to be 'amazing'.

But yes, it's fine. There's a circus theme, which some may find less than pleasant, but thankfully they haven't done a very good job. It's clean, spacious and very foreigner-friendly.

The communting seems quite long from where your friend live, but believe me, it's not that much of a problem. If you leave early enough in the morning, you won't have too much people in the trains, and you'll get a seat in the RER. Same goes for the evening, except if you take the first train to leave after Wishes, which will be packed with tourists.

Metros run till 2 on saturdays evening, so you can leave the park after Wishes and still be fine.

And you can keep the hotel money for the parks
    Last edited by Aliabes; 02-26-2007 at 05:33 AM. Reason: spelling

You know, looking at this. Is there any reason someone would be stupid enough to buy a Paris Visite pass? The 1 day Mobilis is for zones 1-5 is 12.30 EUR while the 1 day Paris Visite is 17.05 for the same zones. I assume the Mobilis is good for RER travel as well, so I can't see why it is a bad idea to just get taht instead. Anyone have any idea how much one way tickets to Marne-la-Vallee are from central Paris on the RER. I can't find any info?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliabes View Post
    The communting seems quite long from where your friend live, but believe me, it's not that much of a problem. If you leave early enough in the morning, you won't have too much people in the trains, and you'll get a seat in the RER. Same goes for the evening, except if you take the first train to leave after Wishes, which will be packed with tourists.

Metros run till 2 on saturdays evening, so you can leave the park after Wishes and still be fine.

And you can keep the hotel money for the parks
    I won't be there that late on Saturday I think. Friday is most likely the later night. Is there reserved seating on the RER? If there isn't, I'm fairly sure I can get there pretty quick and snag one Why time do the nighttime shows/parades run during the summer when the park is open until 11pm? The lack of good hotels are making me consider this, but I'm going to need to find a spot to take a nap/relax in or around the resort at some point. Those are long days!

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Train from Paris to Disneyland Paris

Is there reserved seating on the RER?
    No, it's a local commuter train, like BART in SanFrancisco which only goes to cities and communities around the Bay. Not knowing where you live, don't know how useful the SF reference is. Another would be MARTA in Atlanta.

A bientot
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Disneyland Grandee

Anyone have any idea how much one way tickets to Marne-la-Vallee are from central Paris on the RER. I can't find any info?
    See my post #3 - the Moblis is a better deal by about 1E.
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast