Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Train from Paris to Disneyland Paris

So I'm going to be in Paris this summer and I want to take 2 days to see Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios (enough time? it will be a Friday and Saturday). Anyways, I will be staying with a friend in Paris which means not paying for my hotel. I'd prefer to keep it that way and I was wondering if the train is fast and cheap enough to make this a viable option to take it there and back for 2 days. How late/early does it run? Any idea of the cost or specifics on the train/schedule? All I know is it takes about 30 minutes and is some RER train, but I don't know which. Alternatively, I could just take the train there on Friday morning, check into a hotel and drop my bags off, then stay there Friday night and return later on Saturday night so I'd only have to pay for one night of hotel. No idea if this will work either. Thoughts/comments appreciated.

• Banned User

Re: Train from Paris to Disneyland Paris

The trains to/from the city are extremely convenient and easy to use. The fare depends on the station you get on... but on average, it is about $15 or so in euro currency, round trip from paris to DLP. From most Metro lines in the city, you can connect to the RER A, going towards "Marne-La-Valee'/Parc Disneyland" station. Once in Paris, get a Metro/RER rail map and you are all set to go. RER Trains take approximately 35-45 mins from the center of the city to DLP, making about 15 stops on the way. They arrive and depart to/from DLRP and the city every 15-20 mins of so. Very easy and convenient if you are not staying on property.

• Disneyland Grandee

Lucky you!

We were just at DLP in Oct and took the RER to the parks. It is very simple, efficient, and can be reached from any central Paris Metro station. You may have to change and connect to the RER line, depends where you begin.

TDLFAN's advice is all right on!

We priced tickets from Central Paris which is Zone 1-2 to DLP Zone 5 end of the line of RER A station Marne-La-Valle/Chessy. A single one way ticket was about E6.50. A one day Moblis pass for zones 1-5 (if you were to make a round trip in one day) was E12, a little cheaper than buying 2 one way. Plus you can use the Moblis pass for any other travel on the Metro or RER you may need in that 24 hour period.

Here is the link for maps, schedules, prices. Click on the RER map & RER A is the red line on the map, follow to the end at the right and there is DLP.

You will LOVE DLP-it is beautiful!!!! Have a great time!
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

This is going to seem stupid, but I can't seem to figure that link out. How early do trains from Central Paris start to leave to Disneyland and at what time is the last train back on a weekend summer night. Also, do the metros in Paris ever stop or are they 24 hours? Thanks again for all the help!

• Banned User

The link is very easy to figure out as I just tried it. Note the Disneyland park is the last stop in RER A (red line), shown as stop A4 on the RER map. I am not sure how early the trains start operating but the metros usually stop around 12:30am... so make sure you don't leave the park way way too late. The advise to buy the Moblis pass is a great idea.

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Most metros and RER-trains stop indeed around 00.30 (or 12.30 am). And they start up around 05.00 (am). At every station the first and last metro and RER is clearly marked on the signs/itenerairies.

Ther are also night-buses (see the Noctillien-map). But I would probably stick to the metro's and RER's.

Most of this kind of information is also found in every giude-book. So it may be an idea to pick one up!

• Banned User

Last summer, I missed the last evening Metro out of Charles De Gaulle station by seconds and had to walk back to my hotel near the Eiffel Tower.. NOT fun. I wanted to see DLP's Wishes, which played after 11pm and left the park way too late. So beware! (Yes, I could not take a taxi because I didn't have enough Euros in cash to pay for one).

• World Traveler

I wish there was an RER train from Miami to WDW!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    As long as it's cleaner and graffiti-free unlike the Paris ones, I am all for that idea.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    You don't want an RER from Miami to WDW. That's a bit far. What you want is a high speed inter-city train like the Eurostar from London to DLP.

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    You don't want an RER from Miami to WDW. That's a bit far. What you want is a high speed inter-city train like the Eurostar from London to DLP.
    OK ... I'm fine with that too.

• Disneyland Grandee

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Whoa, that would be one LONNNNNNG tunnel!!!! Hee Hee!
    ~~Jodi~~

• Disneyland Grandee

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Last summer, I missed the last evening Metro out of Charles De Gaulle station by seconds and had to walk back to my hotel near the Eiffel Tower.. NOT fun.
    That would be quite a hike!! Especially late at night after a long day at the park.
    ~~Jodi~~

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Figuring the trains out is not that hard, especially once you ride the first time. There are color coded maps everywhere. The RER is red. For us, the trip was easy. We looked at the map, saw where the line nearest our hotel crossed with the RER line, got off at that station, followed the signs from one platform to the RER "A" train bound for Marne La Vallee. The tricky part, if there be such a thing, is to watch out for the fork in that line. You need to end up on the line to Marne La Vallée - Chessy. If you catch the wrong one (Boissy Saint Leger), just get off at a station before the split and wait for the next train.

This site does a decent job of explaining it:
    http://europeforvisitors.com/paris/a...and-trains.htm

You can check the map here:
    http://www.izena-vandapel.com/France...parismetro.gif
    Last edited by steamboatpete; 02-20-2007 at 10:00 PM.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser View Post
    Did you also call out Anthony Hopkins for not being a cannibal in real life?
    This device kills fascists.

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    This is going to seem stupid, but I can't seem to figure that link out. How early do trains from Central Paris start to leave to Disneyland and at what time is the last train back on a weekend summer night. Also, do the metros in Paris ever stop or are they 24 hours? Thanks again for all the help!
    The details of first and last trains seem to only be available on the French language version of the RATP pages, so I've dug some info out:

First train on weekdays and weekends arrives at DLRP at 6:01am, picking up at stations within Paris between 5:09am and 5:25am.
    Last train on weekdays and weekends leaves DLRP at 12:20am, dropping off at stations within Paris between 12:55am and 1:11am.

Timetable for weekdays (except public holidays) towards Disneyland Resort Paris (Marne-la-Vallee-Chéssy) here.
    Timetable for weekends and public holidays towards Disneyland Resort Paris (Marne-la-Vallee-Chéssy) here.
    Timetable for weekdays (except public holidays) departing Disneyland Resort Paris towards central Paris here.
    Timetable for weekends and public holidays departing Disneyland Resort Paris towards central Paris here.

There are various stopping patterns used on the RER A line, they are identified as 4 letter codes that are displayed on the front of the trains. All of the services to Disneyland begin with a Q.
    To make it easier at the major stations within central Paris they have displays telling you where the next few trains stopping at that station are headed so just take the next one that the display on the platform says is terminating at Marne-la-Vallee-Chéssy.
    On the return trip all trains stop at all the stops within central Paris so any RER trains from the resort are good to catch.

As mentioned by others Metro stops running around 12:30am, depending on the line. Although there is no published timetable, frequencies during the day, first and last train times on each line are available under "Horaires" on the French version of the RATP site.

If you miss the last RER Metro train like TDLFan did your only other public transport option is the Noctilien bus network that partially covers for the Metro and RER systems during their nightly close. Noctilien bus route N130 travels all the way out to Marne-la-Vallee-Chéssy so you can still catch the bus between Paris and the resort when the RER isn't running. A map is available here.

The same tickets are valid on RER, Metro and RATP Paris tram and bus services (including Noctilien) so it's easy to take advantage of all services if required.
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast