Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Need a good, cheap hotel/hostel for one night near Disneyland Paris

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Have you checked the hotel/ticket packages on the DLP site?? But I would go for the Holiday Inn or check out that Premiere Class hotel in Bussy St. Georges, which seems like an extremely good deal and only minutes away from DLP by train.
    Umm, they didn't seem to offer them for 1 night unless I was from the UK and it was somewhere around 220 GBP for 1 night. Certainly not any sort of deal.

• Banned User

Oh I see... then again... it takes me 1 hr. 45 mins each way to get from my hotel to TDR, and sometimes I do the roundtrip, just to be there for 4 hrs tops. I think your friend is making it sound like it's impossible to do this from his place.. which I believe would not be all that inconvenient to do in one day, round trip.

Oh I see... then again... it takes me 1 hr. 45 mins each way to get from my hotel to TDR, and sometimes I do the roundtrip, just to be there for 4 hrs tops. I think your friend is making it sound like it's impossible to do this from his place.. which I believe would not be all that inconvenient to do in one day, round trip.
    If I was just going one day I'd probably do it. I don't feel like 3 hours on a train for 2 days in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I can't figure out how close this is to the RER stop. Any idea?
    the Premiere Classe Hotel is 10min away walking distance from the RER Station .

It's very cheap hotel , very clean and shower on every room . i usually recommend this hotel for people who look for cheap Hotel near Disneyland Paris .
    HKDL : Done !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    the Premiere Classe Hotel is 10min away walking distance from the RER Station .

It's very cheap hotel , very clean and shower on every room . i usually recommend this hotel for people who look for cheap Hotel near Disneyland Paris .
    Looks good then. I'll probably book this.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Need a good, cheap hotel/hostel for one night near Disneyland Paris

Have you checked the hotel/ticket packages on the DLP site?? But I would go for the Holiday Inn or check out that Premiere Class hotel in Bussy St. Georges, which seems like an extremely good deal and only minutes away from DLP by train.
    When I did this, the packages were about $100 more (2n/3d) than booking and buying tickets seperately.

I've been curious about something, and since this thread concerns hotels, I'll ask here. I have the 2006-07 Brit's Guide to DLP. Once you figure the exchange rate, the price symbols they have for the Sequoia Lodge show it tops out at $130 per night. When I looked into it for this July, the price for that hotel in a package, minus ticket costs, was $350 per night!!! Yes, I'm well aware that guidebooks are out of date as soon as they're printed. So I figured, yeah, probably be up to $150 per night, maybe even close to $200, but $350!?! Shoot, the book has the Sequoia cheaper than the HI. So, did they really jack up the rates that much in the last year? I thought this was the trip we'd be onsite the whole time, but I can't bring myself to pay that rate unless Cinderella is going to pop by and give us all foot massages before we go to sleep. This is even higher than the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and they have Zebras.

Detour over. We now return you to the original thread already in progress.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Thank you for the advice. I can get the HI for 56 euros per night. Can't wait for April!

•   
    • I <3 o

There's the Auberge Internationale de Jeunesse in Paris, I think it would take you about 45 min by Metro and RER to get there and the metro stop is about a 5 min walk from the hostel, but remeber it is a hostel, but 15 euro a night is a steal, I stayed there for 2 weeks last summer

http://www.aijparis.com/framea.htm
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick View Post
    I've been curious about something, and since this thread concerns hotels, I'll ask here. I have the 2006-07 Brit's Guide to DLP. Once you figure the exchange rate, the price symbols they have for the Sequoia Lodge show it tops out at $130 per night. When I looked into it for this July, the price for that hotel in a package, minus ticket costs, was $350 per night!!!
    Don't know about prices going up last year. But I must say that 130 dollar a night seems rather cheap to me for SL. In € that would be around €99 a night. Maybe some mix up in the book with exchange rates and/or high/low season prices??
    Prices do vary a lot with the seasons. I plan to book a 2n/3d stay in september (weekday) in SL and this will cost me € 428 (or 560 in dollars). Would I book this in July, I would pay the sam price for one night!!

And Americans do have the disadvantage at the moment with the dollar-euro exchange rate. This adds about 30% on the price!

But back on topic:
    Another cheap option to stay in the neighborhood of Disney could be www.etaphotel.com. They offer several hotels near the RER-line in direction of DLP. For example this one http://www.etaphotel.com/etaphotel/f...ituation.shtml
    About 800 m from the RER-station on the A-line and it costs €42 per night (€48 if you want to stay with 2 or 3 persons in the room).

Etap-hotel are basic hotels (2-star), kind of like motels in the States (their owner -Accor- also operates Motel6 in the US). You always have a double bed and one bunk-bed partly above the double bed. A private shower/toilet, wash-basin and tv. Always clean and very efficient.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
    Don't know about prices going up last year. But I must say that 130 dollar a night seems rather cheap to me for SL. In that would be around 99 a night.
    Looking at it from the european point of view, that would be cheap indeed, especially now that the US Dollar is so weak against the Euro and the UK Pounds. But you'd be surprised to know how many people won't even pay that much for moderate accomodation on WDW's property, waiting instead for special deals or opting for the economy WDW hotels, which can go for as cheap as $79 per night sometimes.

Disneyland Paris can be a steal. Last year 3 nights on Disney property (Sante Fe), 4 days in the parks WITH tickets came to just over $150 per person. That's crazy cheap (from the website directly.)

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Santa Fe is fine, but actaully - if you only need a bed and shower, I recommend the Holiday Inn. It is on par with Hotel New York for facilities, but it is often the cheapest hotel in the area. And there is still a free shuttle bus.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    Holiday Inn. (...) And there is still a free shuttle bus.
    'Still'? What are you foreseeing?

• Hitchhiker

Holiday Inn bargain price doesn't include breakfast and its rooms are 6 square meters smaller than HNY's. And it takes more time to travel to/from Paris and CDG. There's only four direct bus daily from Holiday Inn to CDG..

But still, it's a good hotel for low price.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss View Post
    Disneyland Paris can be a steal. Last year 3 nights on Disney property (Sante Fe), 4 days in the parks WITH tickets came to just over $150 per person. That's crazy cheap (from the website directly.)
    Tell that to the clueless UK people who continue to patronize WDW like there is no tomorrow...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast