Re: Walt Disney Studios Paris Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by 1313HarborBlvd View Post
    Another hat? God help us!
    Actually we already got the hat!
    - Milo

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Only ours is actually far better suited for its location.And not so in your face like another certain hat.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Personally I like the Muppet 3D (or is it 4D?) thing, but when I first saw it (many, many years ago) there wasn't really anything else like it anywhere so I can imagine that it doesn't seem so good these days! Anyway why not put the Muppets in the horror category? There are so many freaky Muppets that give me the creeps (Swedish chef, all of Dr Teeths band and Pigs in Space (shudder)).
    Overall I like the ideas though, the Studios could be so much better than they are. We are going in May and might not bother going to the Studios at all!

• Dutch Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by milo_vhw View Post
    I'd like to see the muppets come to Paris! And Walt Disney Studio's Paris would be perfect for them to settle. I'd go for the Great Muppet's Movie Ride, but not together with Great Movie Ride. One is enough. But why can't they make the Great (Muppet's) Movie Ride a boat-ride like PotC and IASW?!
    what about "the "GREAT GONZO" movie ride....

with the same idea as the original (in boats if you will), but with gonzo (and the rest of the gang) messing it up...

even the façade of the ride could be the same as the original, but with the letters gonzo (and the "whatever") forced in between "GREAT" and "movie"

they could make an entire muppet studio area, with rides like "Muppet test lab" (based on the Test-track ride design), the muppet 3D ride, the movie ride and a chefs restaurant, where you can look into a fake kitchen where chef's cooking together with the rats and all the veggies...

like the muppets or not, Disney needs to do something other than a pixar related ride or design.

Quote Originally Posted by jortlaban View Post
    they could make an entire muppet studio area, with rides like "Muppet test lab" (based on the Test-track ride design), the muppet 3D ride, the movie ride and a chefs restaurant, where you can look into a fake kitchen where chef's cooking together with the rats and all the veggies...

like the muppets or not, Disney needs to do something other than a pixar related ride or design.
    Yes, I was quite thinking the same. Make it a seperate thing: Muppet Studio's. In my head it also featured the Great Muppet Movie Ride, the 3D-show and indeed a restaurant. But what a great idea to theme the restaurant to the Swedish Chef. And yes, a fake kitchen full of Muppet AA's would be so nice!
    I would build this all around a (town)square. But not in the Art Deco style of WDSP. I want it to be more classy, like the squares in Paris, Barcelona or even Rome! And what about a big Muppet fountain right in the middle, with special light effects in the evening. Or even better: situated around a nice lake! In my opinnion The Studio's needs water....
    - Milo

• Dutch Dreamer

In my opinnion The Studio's needs water....
    not only is that your oppinion, but also a fact... WDSP NEEDS water

• Minion

Or even better: situated around a nice lake! In my opinnion The Studio's needs water....
    But the Studios is supposed to be theme to look like a real working Studio .I don't see where the lake fits in with this theme.But than again neither does a haunted hotel.

• Dutch Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    But the Studios is supposed to be theme to look like a real working Studio .I don't see where the lake fits in with this theme.But than again neither does a haunted hotel.
    A lake might be a little overdone, but with the Toon Studio, ToT and Hollywood BLVD the "working studio" theme is about to go out the window... and an addition in the form of a new themed land would work perfectly with a small lake, pond or any body of water...

I mean, why can't a studio have ponds???

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 1313HarborBlvd View Post
    Another hat? God help us!
    Exactly what I was thikning.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jortlaban View Post
    A lake might be a little overdone, but with the Toon Studio, ToT and Hollywood BLVD the "working studio" theme is about to go out the window... and an addition in the form of a new themed land would work perfectly with a small lake, pond or any body of water...

I mean, why can't a studio have ponds???
    I think a new fountain feature could be part of the new Toon Studios area coming of this art work from wdsfans.com

http://www.photosmagiques.com/wdsfan...studio_new.jpg

• is satisfactual.

I think a new fountain feature could be part of the new Toon Studios area coming of this art work from wdsfans.com

That's not too ambitious, is it.

Well, its a start...
    - Milo

• Rock The World

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's already been announced that the fountain WON'T be appearing. That piece of concept artwork is ather dated, it seems, although it still gives a good overall impression of how the new flooring in the Toon Studio area will look.

Personally, I still hope they'll replace the useless Central Stage with a nice fountain when they re-do the Production Courtyard.

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's already been announced that the fountain WON'T be appearing. That piece of concept artwork is ather dated, it seems, although it still gives a good overall impression of how the new flooring in the Toon Studio area will look.

Personally, I still hope they'll replace the useless Central Stage with a nice fountain when they re-do the Production Courtyard.

Well there is a lot to do with the Studios . The PlaceMaking and Toon Studios end even Stitch Encounter will help a lot the Studios to be a little bit better than it was then it opened .

I also heard about a new Parade as well for the Studios from Walt Disney World . Tower of Terror will attract a lot more visitors than right now and they are still alots of people at Disneyland Paris buying a HopperPass and they don't know that Disneyland Paris has a second Park .

I hope Disney will do TONS of advertisements over Europe and France about Tower Of Terror .

But is a lots of people show up to ride TOT you'll have a Capacity Problem because the Studios can only reach 20 000 Visitors .

all CMs will say '' Hey go to Disneyland Park coz the Studios is closed for Capacity '' .

Sountracker do you think that the Disneyland Paris Management will expand the Park Hours for the Opening of TOT ?

If people stay in the park that late to ride TOT and Crush and RNRC they will need to create a Night Time Spectacular for the Studios .
    Last edited by DLRP_bopazot; 03-09-2007 at 07:20 AM.
    HKDL : Done !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post

But is a lots of people show up to ride TOT you'll have a Capacity Problem because the Studios can only reach 20 000 Visitors .

all CMs will say '' Hey go to Disneyland Park coz the Studios is closed for Capacity '' .
    First of all I don't think it (full capacity) will happen that soon...

Then, is this figure based on capacity after the addition of the 4 new attractions (and area), or upon opening day 2002?
    Because Disneyland Park had the same problem with capacity after a couple of years. It then made quick 'expansions' like Temple of Peril and a bigger Fantasyland.
    I think that with Crush, Cars, Stitch and people-eater ToT, there will be an increase in capacity. Maybe this increase is even bigger then the one in Disneyland Park?!

But still, WDSP is rather small....Muppet Studio's anyone
    - Milo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast