Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Hitchhiker

Re: Walt Disney Studios Paris Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    do you think that the Disneyland Paris Management will epand the Park Hours for the Opening of TOT ?
    From 1st of April Studios will be operating some days 10.00-19.00.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I've heard that if the Studios fails in the attendance targets set for it during the 15th Anniversary it may result in any future attractions being put on hold.

Im certain Crush,Cars and TOT plus Stitch will keep guest in the Studios for longer but as for picking up attendance,well we'll see hey.

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    But is a lots of people show up to ride TOT you'll have a Capacity Problem because the Studios can only reach 20 000 Visitors .

all CMs will say '' Hey go to Disneyland Park coz the Studios is closed for Capacity '' .

Sountracker do you think that the Disneyland Paris Management will expand the Park Hours for the Opening of TOT ?

If people stay in the park that late to ride TOT and Crush and RNRC they will need to create a Night Time Spectacular for the Studios .

Just to confirm what Zarniwoop has posted, as soon as the 15th anniversary celebrations start, the Studios Park will be closing at 19h00 on certain nights, and that's before Toon Studio even opens for business! That should help ease some of the capacity problems.

Once the new rides open, the park's capacity will be slightly greater than 20,000, as that was the maximum capacity when the park first opened in 2002. The maximum capacity figure has never been reached, although that's probably a blessing - the park received 17,000 guests for a few days in the summer of 2002, and it was complete chaos! The attractions and restaurants just couldn't cope! Many of the queue lines simply weren't long enough. Standing in front of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, I could see five separate queues, spilling out of the attractions and criss-crossing the park: the line for Moteurs... Action! stretched all the way to Cinemagique, the line for Cinemagique stretched back all the way to Rendezvous des Stars, the line for Armageddon reached across the boulevard to the Parapluies de Cherbourg set, and the queue for the toilets ran parallel to it, reaching as far as Armageddon! As if that weren't bad enough, the queue for Studio Tram Tour reached as far as Studio 1, turned around, and reached half way back towards the Tram Tour station. It was impossible to move anywhere, the restaurants were all packed, and people were unhappy. (In the park's defence, the Disney Channel Tour had been closed for the summer, and the Flying Carpets may have been suffering a breakdown at the time.)

So capacity has always been a big problem at the Studios, and one which is frequently overlooked. The new rides should really help, as should the placemaking of both Toon Studio and Hollywood Studio, as the new scenery will offer something of a distraction for guests making their way from one attraction to another. It's only when the People Eater (Tower Of Terror) opens however, that the worst of the problems will be eased.

• Dreaming of Disney World

I think that even with all the new rides open that this park isnt a good full day park. It needs a major expansion and I mean major.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• Dutch Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    Standing in front of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, I could see five separate queues, spilling out of the attractions and criss-crossing the park: the line for Moteurs... Action! stretched all the way to Cinemagique, the line for Armageddon reached across the boulevard to the Parapluies de Cherbourg set, and the queue for the toilets ran parallel to it, reaching as far as Armageddon!
    Wow, that's packed... three lines even crossed each other :| :| :|.

anyway.... lets not forget that when ToT opens, the park will have a double amount of real rides (the rest being shows), so I don't see a problem with maximum cappacity...

also, about the concept art released, the tiles on the concept won't be there either (at least not throughout all of the TS), since there will be a route 66 type road running between Crush and Cars, and the new oasis in front of Carpets. both elements are nearing completion allready.
    I really think (or hope if you prefer) that the Studio park is on it's way to become a great sister to the Disneyland Park and that the new additions are the start of a succesfull expansion to a real one or even two day experience (which I hope it will be around 2012)

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by jortlaban View Post
    I really think (or hope if you prefer) that the Studio park is on it's way to become a great sister to the Disneyland Park and that the new additions are the start of a succesfull expansion to a real one or even two day experience (which I hope it will be around 2012)
    I agree completely! However, before we see any further physical expansion of the park, I think it more likely that Disney will develop the space that already exists - such as extensive placemaking for the Production Courtyard and Backlot, and a new attraction (probably Soarin') between Cinemagique and Disney Channel. After all, they've got to work with what they've already got before they can go and build more.
    If all goes well though, I believe we can expect to see the new Hollywood Boulevard double in length, the Tram Tour route be lengthened, and Toon Studio receive one or two more small rides.

• Hello!

Soundtracker, will Production Courtyard still be getting renamed Hollywood Studio? I so, what do you think they will do to "Hollywoodify" it?

• Dutch Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    I agree completely! However, before we see any further physical expansion of the park, I think it more likely that Disney will develop the space that already exists - such as extensive placemaking for the Production Courtyard and Backlot, and a new attraction (probably Soarin') between Cinemagique and Disney Channel. After all, they've got to work with what they've already got before they can go and build more.
    If all goes well though, I believe we can expect to see the new Hollywood Boulevard double in length, the Tram Tour route be lengthened, and Toon Studio receive one or two more small rides.
    Soarin' wont fit between Cinemagique and Disney Channel (which will be gone soon, thank god) unless they use the Disney Channel building space as well.
    it has been confirmed that the next thing that will be placemade is the tram tour station, so once ToT and the doomed to fail Stitch Encounter (due to language barriers) are open, the tram tour station will be relocated and given a new route... then there are some designs for a JTTCOTE-set within the tour (so this won't be the ride found in Tokyo, but a tram tour set) to go in the new route... once the tram tour station has been moved, they have virtualy all the space the need to expand on new things, including soarin' (the space between Cinemagique and Disney Channel was originally planned for a 3D theater and still is).

Hollywood Studio is the confirmed new name for Production Courtyard when ToT opens (they are building like ants on that part right now), and with the TT-station out of the way in the fall of 2008, they can make an expansion of the boulevard and make it more real instead of just façades.

• No honestly it is me

Quote Originally Posted by jortlaban View Post
    Soarin' wont fit between Cinemagique and Disney Channel (which will be gone soon, thank god) unless they use the Disney Channel building space as well.
    it has been confirmed that the next thing that will be placemade is the tram tour station, so once ToT and the doomed to fail Stitch Encounter (due to language barriers) are open, the tram tour station will be relocated and given a new route... then there are some designs for a JTTCOTE-set within the tour (so this won't be the ride found in Tokyo, but a tram tour set) to go in the new route... once the tram tour station has been moved, they have virtualy all the space the need to expand on new things, including soarin' (the space between Cinemagique and Disney Channel was originally planned for a 3D theater and still is).

Hollywood Studio is the confirmed new name for Production Courtyard when ToT opens (they are building like ants on that part right now), and with the TT-station out of the way in the fall of 2008, they can make an expansion of the boulevard and make it more real instead of just façades.
    I agree with what you have said, this is my theory too, but do you know any of this to be true? as far as I can tell it is unlikely that the Tram tour station will be moved that early. I suspect nothing will really be done after TOT opens so that they can see a full year of attendence against all the money they have put into the park.

I hope they do convert the whole of production courtyard into hollywood studio but I have not heard anything about them doing anything to cinemagique or disney channel frontages, have you heard something?

I for one hope they never build soarin, I think this is such an overrated attraction, it's good yes but not amazing and not something like TOT or SM that would make people visit the park. If they are going to build another e-ticket it needs to be something amazing and actually based on a film. Soarin doesn't fit into the new studio plan IMO

I actually think we may see a Clone of the Japanese version of Monsters Inc sometime soon as the next phase of toon studio(fingers crossed!) as I am sure I have heard that the costuming building is moving.

Wasn't there a rumour that Animagique would be replaced in 2009 by Mickeys' Philharmagic? I think this is quite likely too and then will be followed by whatever e-ticket they decide on for 2010.

Sorry for the long post! got a bit carried away!

• Dreaming of Disney World

You know what I wish, that they would add new rides to the park. Every ride you guys have mentioned them adding to WDSP is something that exists in another park. I wish they would make something completely new and it was a good step with Crush coaster and the Cars spinner attraction. But there is already a Stitch Encounter in Hong Kong and Philharmagic in MK. There is already Soarin in California and Florida and there is already a Monsters Inc ride at California and Tokyo. Disney please build new things so there will be a reason for me to fly across the atlantic to see DLP.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• No honestly it is me

Quote Originally Posted by tyler2cfhs View Post
    You know what I wish, that they would add new rides to the park. Every ride you guys have mentioned them adding to WDSP is something that exists in another park. I wish they would make something completely new and it was a good step with Crush coaster and the Cars spinner attraction. But there is already a Stitch Encounter in Hong Kong and Philharmagic in MK. There is already Soarin in California and Florida and there is already a Monsters Inc ride at California and Tokyo. Disney please build new things so there will be a reason for me to fly across the atlantic to see DLP.
    If money was no issue they would but we have to be realistic. Euro disney just can't afford to spend loads of money developing new attractions at the moment. They get far more for their money if they clone rides which have already been designed.

I too would love all original attractions but until the financial situation improves I can't see it happening other than with small attractions like the nemo coaster.

P.S. The best Disneyland park ever built is reason enough to cross the atlantic if you ask me! even if it does have the worst disney park ever built right next to it.

• Dutch Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by yesitsme View Post
    I agree with what you have said, this is my theory too, but do you know any of this to be true? as far as I can tell it is unlikely that the Tram tour station will be moved that early. I suspect nothing will really be done after TOT opens so that they can see a full year of attendence against all the money they have put into the park.
    the relocating of the tram tour will be done halfway/end 2008, so that's not early and long enough to have seen any impact of the new rides

I hope they do convert the whole of production courtyard into hollywood studio but I have not heard anything about them doing anything to cinemagique or disney channel frontages, have you heard something?
    the conversion is nothing more than a name change and appart from the fake boulevard, no other frontages will be changed.

I for one hope they never build soarin, I think this is such an overrated attraction, it's good yes but not amazing and not something like TOT or SM that would make people visit the park. If they are going to build another e-ticket it needs to be something amazing and actually based on a film. Soarin doesn't fit into the new studio plan IMO
    true, but I'm sure they could figure out how to implement it

I actually think we may see a Clone of the Japanese version of Monsters Inc sometime soon as the next phase of toon studio(fingers crossed) as I am sure I have heard that the costuming building is moving.
    when costuming has been moved (along with the new TT route), they will expand on the toon studios, but how or when is still a mistery.

Wasn't there a rumour that Animagique would be replaced in 2009 by Mickeys' Philharmagic? I think this is quite likely too and then will be followed by whatever e-ticket they decide on for 2010.
    yep, rumoured, nothing more than that for now. but a high probalitlity

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by Fantillusion View Post
    Soundtracker, will Production Courtyard still be getting renamed Hollywood Studio? I so, what do you think they will do to "Hollywoodify" it?
    Okay people, let's put the brakes on this subject before we go any further into uncharted territory, shall we? There are a lot of rumours flying about all of a sudden, and most of them are well past their sell by dates.

Fantillusion, to answer your original question, only PART of the Production Courtyard is going to be renamed Hollywood Studio. Namely, the new Boulevard, which will incorporate the Tower Of Terror and Tram Tour. In effect, they're creting a new mini-section in that no-man's land that runs through the middle of the park. That leaves the Place Des Stars (the circular plaza with Cinemagique, Disney Channel and the Rendezvous Des Stars restaurant), which will keep the Production Courtyard name for the time being. The current buzz from the Imagineering labs is that this area will later be re-worked and re-christened "Theater District", and will draw its inspiration from the classic movie houses of old Hollywood. Those are all the details I have at present, other than to say this new placemaking will involve a radical redesign of the Cinemagique facade, and (possibly) a new attraction. Now, nothing has been confirmed, but if the Place Des Stars is going to be a movie theatre-based zone, it makes sense that any new attraction would incorporate some sort of projection or cinema technology. In this respect, I think Soarin' is a likely candidate, but I could easily be proved wrong.

(the space between Cinemagique and Disney Channel was originally planned for a 3D theater and still is).
    Actually, that space was originally earmarked for a sound effects studio, similar to "Sounds Dangerous" in Disney/MGM Studios, but those plans were scrapped a few years ago. I have heard no rumours whatsoever of a 3D movie filling this space. (Again, that's not to say it could never happen).

the relocating of the tram tour will be done halfway/end 2008, so that's not early and long enough to have seen any impact of the new rides
    Really? Where did you hear this? It's true that Disney is already talking about adding additional set-pieces to the Tram Tour, but it all depends on attendence figures during the coming year, and there's no guarantee that the station would move at the same time. As yesitsme says, everything depends on how much revenue is made over the next 18 months.
    I've also not heard anything about the (relatively new and very expensive) costuming building being moved, although they still have the old costuming building standing empty and unused behind Catastrophe Canyon, so if they did choose to up sticks, they would at least have a home to go to. That's an interesting rumour - I'll ask around and see what I can find out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123