• Continuing the Magic

Do people at Disneyland Paris wait in line?

I am preparing to visit Disneyland Paris in June and was talking to a friend that had visited in the past. She informed me that Parisians don't like to wait in line and were constatnly walking right through and up to the front which extended the wait times by 30-40min on rides. My question is Does this continue to be an issue and something I should be prepared for, or is it like any other theme park where there are just a few guests that try to cut in line?

• is satisfactual.

Re: Do people at Disneyland Paris wait in line?

[Disclaimer: If anyone finds any of this offensive, please stop taking yourself so seriously. All was meant in lighthearted spirit. And otherwise I'll simply pull a Mel Gibson.]

It varies. I've personally never had a big problem with those mythical boisterous Mediterranean nightmare families you always hear about, but Europeans do tend to feel like they are there to enjoy themselves and not to behave reverently at the surrounding marvels, so they won't be in their museum mode and instead tend to unleash their offspring in the manner of hyperactive dogs. Those kids are what you'll want to watch out for. The idea seems to be that Disney is for kids, and you are not a child so you are merely an obstacle in their path toward happiness.

Having said that, there's something to say for the leisurely manner in which people experience this park, and the truly annoying people only constitute a tiny portion of guests. And for every doe-eyed, brain dead, apathetic parent there is a tired-looking Lynette Scavo-style British mother trying to control her three disobedient ADD kids by threatening with graphic punishment scenarios. And some kids actually do stand in line, like a bunch of little Von Trapps. It's a diverse continent.

Also, it seems to be better now than it was a decade ago. The same goes for the smoking, which may have something to do with the fact that one European country after another is banning it from public buildings. This has miraculously included France.

So no, preparation will not be necessary, haha. Were you planning on bringing a Taser?

• Membre

I don't think it's a big issue. I personnaly witnessed that once. In Pirates Of The Caribbean, I saw 3 teenage girls trying to walk through and up to the front of the line. I stopped them and asked them to go back where they were coming from.
    What they did immediately.
    Some people do need to be educated.

• Banned User

I can only say that I have experienced the most line cutting at DLP than any other Disney park on Earth, especially on crowded days. Add to the confusion some poor crowd control practices in some attractions due to the queue being so wide.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I can only say that I have experienced the most line cutting at DLP than any other Disney park on Earth, especially on crowded days. Add to the confusion some poor crowd control practices in some attractions due to the queue being so wide.
    I have to admit that some Teenage Boys ans Girls from Paris Surbubs or whatever a not educated and jump or cut the lines very often .
    Somedays i feel like being at Six Flags Magic Mountain with a lots of Lines Cutting .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Hello!

Remember, you have to consider, queueing is a British thing and Britain is in Europe...

• Banned User

and speaking of... I have one issue with Laser Blast. The times I have been there on busy days (not counting my last time since it was a walkon at closing time) the CMs who were there at the merging point of the FP and standby lines didn't seem to be doing a good job. On both ocasions, the lines were allowed to merge on their own causing a lot of confusion among guests trying to hold on to their spot in line. Whatever happened to the proper procedures of holding the standby line back until several FP guests were allowed to proceed, before allowing a number of stand by guests to join the final merged line?? On my first visit to Laser Blast, I was disappointed by this and even documented it with a photo of the chaos...

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    and speaking of... I have one issue with Laser Blast. The times I have been there on busy days (not counting my last time since it was a walkon at closing time) the CMs who were there at the merging point of the FP and standby lines didn't seem to be doing a good job. On both ocasions, the lines were allowed to merge on their own causing a lot of confusion among guests trying to hold on to their spot in line. Whatever happened to the proper procedures of holding the standby line back until several FP guests were allowed to proceed, before allowing a number of stand by guests to join the final merged line?? On my first visit to Laser Blast, I was disappointed by this and even documented it with a photo of the chaos...
    It's always like that on Buzz. No one gets the idea and the Cast Members aren't of much help either. But worse than that, the outside part has all the charm of juvy, so your patience isn't likely to run high. Which is why my DLP trips are often entirely spent on Pirates...

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

The line jumping at Space Mountain was insane. I didn't have to deal with it much elsewhere.
    Fight On! Beat the Utes!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Coming soon...

[WARNING: this post contains my view, which could offend, especially the stereotypes]

Personally, I find that there is line pushing at most locations, the worst culprits being American teenagers in the USA. However, I find that the only really bad behaviour was on the train at DLP. My family were at the front of the queue, but the train was full, so the gate was closing. Then, a huge Indian family barged in front of us, all 7/8 of them! They actually forced me out of the way. We just pushed all of them back......to the very end of the 1 1/2 hour queue...HA!

Note: Overall, the British are the experts at queuing. No denying it, we're even better than Americans.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorchio View Post
    Note: Overall, the British are the experts at queuing. No denying it, we're even better than Americans.
    That's true, but the continentals aren't as queue-happy, and once chaos breaks loose it's every man for himself and even the British will start to push a little. I recall last year's Bastille Day party, after the park closed... The RER to Paris had some sort of problem and there weren't enough shuttles to the Good Neighbor hotels, which are quite hard to reach on foot and most people aren't even aware of the possibility. It was like fighting over a lifeboat on the Titanic.

I have experienced some queue jumping at DLP, but not to the extent that it makes the queue 30-40 mins longer, however, I have only been on fairly quiet days.

Last time I went, I decided beforehand that I wouldn't get wound up by queue jumpers, and if they wanted to push in, I would just let them and not get into an argument.

This time I am going with my DH who will not put up with it, so I think I will have to prepare myself for some confrontations!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggertoo View Post
    Last time I went, I decided beforehand that I wouldn't get wound up by queue jumpers, and if they wanted to push in, I would just let them and not get into an argument.
    That seems like the best thing to do.
    There CAN be line cutting at ANY place in the world you go to..
    If you just don't get angry about it and let it go.. That's the best thing to do..
    1 or 2 people cutting the line will not make anyone's wait that much longer.
    Getting angry WILL ruin your day.

There can be annoying Europeans and nice Europeans.. as they are all individuals.. That's the way it is.