Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1

    • is satisfactual.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Uncanny Valley
    Posts
    2,134

    Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    It was recently established on the Walt Disney World forum that the deluxe hotels, notably the Grand Floridian, may not completely be worth their rates compared to non-Disney luxury hotels.

    I'm considering/planning my first Disneyland Hotel stay and wonder if people think that's worth its rates? I already love its public spaces (so Lady and the Tramp), but is a stay there worth the price? Are there many perks over the Hotel New York?

  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    Hmm interesting to see no ones posted anything here on that hotel.Are we all that poor to stay here.

    The perks are the same as the New York and what your really spending the money on is the location.

  3. #3

    • Hopper's Mortal Enemy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    973

    Thumbs down Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    Out of curiosity I punched in our July dates for a quote; a standard room for us would be $877 per night. I gotta tell you, unless it includes the princess of your choice plus several other perks I can imagine (most of which are illegal), there's no way a standard hotel room would be worth it for me.

    A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!


    You've read it; you can't unread it!

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    It was recently established on the Walt Disney World forum that the deluxe hotels, notably the Grand Floridian, may not completely be worth their rates compared to non-Disney luxury hotels.

    I'm considering/planning my first Disneyland Hotel stay and wonder if people think that's worth its rates? I already love its public spaces (so Lady and the Tramp), but is a stay there worth the price? Are there many perks over the Hotel New York?
    I've never stayed in any of the DLP hotels, but when I was there I visited every hotel except the Santa Fe and Cheyenne. My traveling partner and I decided that we both would choose the Newport Bay Club to stay at if we ever stayed there. We liked it's distance from the park, as well as the style/design, and it seemed the most relaxing to us.

  5. #5

    • Dutch Dreamer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Schiedam - Holland
    Posts
    63

    Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    in the last 15 years we've stayed in all of the on-site hotels and our personal oppinion is that the price you have to pay for the Disneyland hotel is totally not worth it, unless you don't know what to do with all of your money...

    every hotel has the same room layout (except for cheyenne, which has a bunk bed and a queen size instead of two queen size beds), but the more you pay for your room, the bigger the room gets (slightly).

    if you want luxury I can recommend New Port Bayclub and Hotel New York instead. these are nicely themed hotels at a price that is a lot lower than Disneyland hotel...

    the facts about disneyland Hotel:
    Pro's:
    - Located above the entrace of the Disneyland Parc, which offers great views over main street.
    - Great luxury breakfast
    - easy acces to the Disneyland park

    Con's:
    - Extremly expensive for a place you most likely only sleep in.
    - not close to WDSP or Disney Village.
    - beds are the same as all the other hotels
    - extremly pink and tinkerbellish, which you have to like to enjoy, if you don't, you'll feel like your in Barbie's dreamworld.
    - the luxury breakfeast means you get added sausages and scrambled eggs for free (other hotels you'll have to pay an extra 5 euro's for this addition).

    all the other hotels offer a great themed place to stay (all hotels have their own theme, which is an actual theme, instead of blocks with giant movie props added to them.. there are no all-star type hotels in DLRP), with nice rooms, each with their own quisine consistent to the theme (and you can eat at any hotel, you don't have to stay in a hotel to eat there).
    Hotel New York and New Port Bayclub even have a chargefree swimming pool and sports facilities.

    so in conclusion:
    if you have scrooge macduck type of cash, stay at the Disneyland Hotel.
    if you have enough money, but don't want to throw it away stay in Hotel New York
    if you like luxury, but you want to spend most of your cash in the parks; stay in New Prt Bayclub or Seqouia Lodge.
    if you want mothing more than a nice themed place to stay with kids; book Cheyenne.
    if you want mothing more than a nice themed place to stay without kids; stay at Santa Fé.

    all hotels are at walking distance to the parks and village (car free) and offer a great stroll to the resorts central hub.

    if you want nothing more that a place to sleep and don't mind a 10 minute drive every morning, there's an F1 hotel in the town of Esbly.

    You might even consider one of the four partner hotels, located just outside the resort... these hotels are not at walking distance, but offer free shuttle-bus service to the resort.

    hope this makes any sense and you find it usefull...

  6. #6

    • is satisfactual.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Uncanny Valley
    Posts
    2,134

    Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    I've never stayed in any of the DLP hotels, but when I was there I visited every hotel except the Santa Fe and Cheyenne. My traveling partner and I decided that we both would choose the Newport Bay Club to stay at if we ever stayed there. We liked it's distance from the park, as well as the style/design, and it seemed the most relaxing to us.
    Although it is lovely, I'm a bit of a Newport Bay Club veteran. I'm one of those people who spends the night sipping superbly overpriced drinks at the Ritz only to schlep himself back to his room at the Travelodge. Cheapskates, they call us.

    So — and this, I'm sure, will be something a lot of you will relate to — after many nights of sniffing rosy carpet cleaner (anyone who's been there will know) at the Cafe Fantasia, I'd really love to actually stay there for once... But the rates are stellar to say the least. So, do the beds make you feel like you're floating on clouds? Do the toilets rinse your behind with Evian? Mints on pillows? Anything? And now Ralfick's already eliminated any hopes of getting a free prostitute there'd better be something good for those $900.

  7. #7

    • is satisfactual.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Uncanny Valley
    Posts
    2,134

    Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    Thanks, Jortlaban, that clears it up. Things aren't looking good for the coveted pink palace, are they.

    Quote Originally Posted by jortlaban View Post
    the facts about disneyland Hotel:
    Pro's:
    - Located above the entrace of the Disneyland Parc, which offers great views over main street.
    - Great luxury breakfast
    - easy acces to the Disneyland park

    Con's:
    - Extremly expensive for a place you most likely only sleep in.
    - not close to WDSP or Disney Village.
    - beds are the same as all the other hotels
    - extremly pink and tinkerbellish, which you have to like to enjoy, if you don't, you'll feel like your in Barbie's dreamworld.
    - the luxury breakfeast means you get added sausages and scrambled eggs for free (other hotels you'll have to pay an extra 5 euro's for this addition).
    Well, I think the breakfast part is more of a pro, personally, providing there are pancakes involved. Don't really mind the pink wallpaper either (for a few nights in a lifetime...besides, it matches that scent that lingers throughout). And the fact that it puts the Studios at a distance seems more of a pro as well. Still, it sounds a little on the average side.

    So again we have a Disney hotel that can't live up to its rates and blurbs.

  8. #8

    • The Delicate Tinkerbell
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    226

    Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    I love the Disneyland Hotel. It's been one of my favorites since I was a kid. Now I haven't stayed at the Grand Californian but I've heard that people who have prefer the Disneyland Hotel over it. I love that you can catch the Monorail to the park, it makes for a wonderful start to a morning before you arrive at the park. The restaurants there are great as well. Overall I think it's worth the money.

  9. #9

    • Hitchhiker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    607

    Wink Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by crystaltink View Post
    I love the Disneyland Hotel. It's been one of my favorites since I was a kid. Now I haven't stayed at the Grand Californian but I've heard that people who have prefer the Disneyland Hotel over it. I love that you can catch the Monorail to the park, it makes for a wonderful start to a morning before you arrive at the park. The restaurants there are great as well. Overall I think it's worth the money.
    They have monorail in Disneyland Paris? Cool!

    ..just kidding.

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by crystaltink View Post
    I love the Disneyland Hotel. It's been one of my favorites since I was a kid. Now I haven't stayed at the Grand Californian but I've heard that people who have prefer the Disneyland Hotel over it. I love that you can catch the Monorail to the park, it makes for a wonderful start to a morning before you arrive at the park. The restaurants there are great as well. Overall I think it's worth the money.
    puss* is talking about the Disneyland Hotel, Paris - not California.

  11. #11

    • Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Live in the Uk, born in California
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    I have stayed at all the DLP resorts many times, at WDW we have stayed at the Contemporary, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Port Orleans Riverside, at DL we have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and the Grand Californian. My opinion is this:

    The DLH has great restaurants, bar and shop - open to all. The hotel itself is a rip off. Do yourself a favour - stay at the Hotel New York and take the money you saved and have a great meal at the California Gril at the DLH.

    The benefits of staying at the DLH is a free character breakfast every morning, location (though HNY is better if you like the Village and is equi distant to the Studios), and lovely themed beds. That's it unless you stay in the Castle Club which offers additional fastpasses and a direct entrance to the turn styles.

    To me the DLH is a rip off, and this year, the Disney hotels have hyper inflated themselves. We now tend to stay at the Holiday Inn or this summer at the 4 star rated Marriott Vacation Club on the DLP golf course for less than the cost of the Cheyenne.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!





  12. #12

    • Hitchhiker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    607

    Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    To me the DLH is a rip off, and this year, the Disney hotels have hyper inflated themselves. We now tend to stay at the Holiday Inn or this summer at the 4 star rated Marriott Vacation Club on the DLP golf course for less than the cost of the Cheyenne.
    This year DLRP has a card in their sleeves: Extra Magic Hours.. And when you consider current off-season queues at 100min.. the extra hours will be a real treat - for Disney hotel guests only.

  13. #13

    • Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Live in the Uk, born in California
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    This year DLRP has a card in their sleeves: Extra Magic Hours.. And when you consider current off-season queues at 100min.. the extra hours will be a real treat - for Disney hotel guests only.
    Ah yes, but one night at the DLH is three nights at the Marriott Vacation Club, so we are going for 11 days this year and taking in other sites too. Much better than an extra hour on a monday morning. Besides, with our annual passes we can still go into Fantasyland 1/2 an hour early every morning.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!





  14. #14

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    Extra Magic hours are so over rated. I resent they take away time when the parks could be opened to ALL guests, regardless.

  15. #15

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Extra Magic hours are so over rated. I resent they take away time when the parks could be opened to ALL guests, regardless.
    If the parks are normally scheduled to close at Midnight, but stay open an extra three hours as a perk to resort guets, what's wrong with that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Do you have to stay 2 nights at at Disney Hotel? Are suites worth?
    By katherinemouse in forum So. Cal. Travel Planning
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 05:46 PM
  2. Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian Hotel Reviews
    By Disneyfan4 in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 08:29 PM
  3. Worth getting an AP for the hotel discount?
    By B-Dex in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 08:56 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 06:47 PM
  5. Is Disneyland Hotel worth it?
    By ld2 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 11:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •