Thread: Castle Makeover

Castle Makeover

Hi everyone. This is my first post here

I was looking at photomagiques website and they have one picture showing that the spires of sleeping Beauty castle are being taken out for the castle makeover. You can see the picture here :

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/trip_2_5_mar_07

Wasn't suppose to start only mid March??
    DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Castle Makeover

Well whenever it gets fixed at least it is getting worked on.

• Minion

ORGOCH: How 'bout a makeover fer somethin' other than a castle, fer a change?
    Last edited by Witches of Morva; 03-07-2007 at 02:08 PM.

• Minion

ORWEN: Sorry, but us Cauldron girls just aren't look forward to this.

ORDDU: My sisters and I always cringe whenever we see the way Disney Theme Park Marketing people decide to try and 'improve' what's already perfect; all for the purpose of celebrating some special event.

ORWEN: We don't mind the addition of pretty banners with special logos on them.

ORDDU: But garish new paint schemes, too many decorations that detract from what was originally there...well...that's where we draw the line.

ORWEN: Sleeping Beauty's Castle in California has been ruined ever since the 50th. They came up with a paint job with color clashes that we had heard would be gone by now. Instead, there's still a lot of gold paint on the castle that doesn't belong.

ORDDU: Also, they put up these gold railings that are very much out of place. It appears that they may be permanent, now.

ORWEN: I actually like Hong Kong Disneyland's castle better than the one in Anaheim--because it looks like the Anaheim version USED to look. We just wish the Anaheim version was restored to its former glory.

ORDDU: As for the castle in Paris, we're afraid to see what awful things will be done to it, too, after they're finished 'plussing' it for the latest celebration over there...

well they did a great job after the 1997 5 Years Hunchback of Notre Dame Castle Makeover .

They will just add some Fiber Optic and Candles with Characters to the Castle while the Studios is getting the WDW 50th Castle Characters on Art Of Disney .

As you can see there's no Scarfolding for it but i bet they're working at Night .
    HKDL : Done !!!

Courtesy of DLRP.FR

HKDL : Done !!!

• Banned User

Aren't they doing to do an overhaul after the 15th? It NEEDS it!

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    Aren't they doing to do an overhaul after the 15th? It NEEDS it!
    It does. I hope they find a better shade of pink this time... The original would be nice. I also hope they'll age and distress the trim like they do in Disneyland rather than painting it a solid cream. And the gradient paintwork on the once golden turrets can go. /nitpicking

Meanwhile, isn't it strange that in this newfound spirit of refurbishing the castle hasn't been touched yet? They're repainting billboards on Main Street and restringing trees with twinkle lights, but the focal point of a thousand pictures a day remains bypassed while entirely new species of fungus are forming on its spires.

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh, I absolutely HATED what they did to the castle back when they were trying to use the Hunchback of Notre Dame theme for Aurora's home a few years ago. It didn't look at all like a Sleeping Beauty Castle SHOULD look.

ORDDU: Indeed! That was a perfect example of what we've been trying to say all along. The castle is perfect as it is; why try to ruin it for one of their celebration years? That's why we always cringe whenver one of these anniversary years rolls around. We just know they're going to do something to ruin a castle in some way.

• Minion

I agree that the Hunchback of Notre Dame makeover was absolutely hideous and tacky beyond belief.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

ORDDU: Hmmm...we don't know whether to smile kindly on you for agreeing with us, or to curse you for rubbing our noses in it by putting up a hideous photograph of it.

ORGOCH: We'll git back ta ya...later....

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I agree that the Hunchback of Notre Dame makeover was absolutely hideous and tacky beyond belief.
    It was the '90s... We were all doing silly things back then. Buying clothes six sizes too large, starting pop bands with individually themed singers, putting large synthetic objects on large synthetic Disney castles and buying Mentos for their campy commercials instead of their nifty effect on cola.

As opposed to now, the 'bling era', where Disney puts large synthetic golden things on its castles. That may seem sane now, but how do you suppose we'll look back on that? One day, it will all look just as stupid as the birthday cake castle.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post

It still looks better than the Pepto Bismol cake castle WDW got for the 25th.

• Banned User

I thought the 5th's decor was awful. It looked like it was half-done.

The candles I am interested to see how they turn out. But I, like a few others here, don't understand why they didn't refurb the castle BEFORE the anniversary. It is going to be the focal point, so why wouldn't they restore like Anaheim's? When mold, soot, and rust are all over the thing, its a sign they need to fix it up.