Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silhouette artist in Disneyland Paris

I was reading another thread on this site about the Silhouette artist in Disneyland, and I was wondering if anyone had used the one in Disneyland Paris. I read a brief reference to it in a guide book, but it didn't have any information. If you have tried it, how much was it, were you happy with it, and where is it? I would love to get one done of my daughter when we are there.

• Rock The World

Re: Silhouette artist in Disneyland Paris

Sorry for the slow response, Tiggertoo. To the best of my knowledge, there hasn't been a silhouette artist in the park for a few years now. I seem to remember there being one years ago, but I think park management did away with the practice when the budget cuts came into force. Mind you, it seems a great number of the old "extras" are being dusted down and brought back into service for the 15th anniversary celebrations, so he might just reappear. To be honest though, I wouldn't hold my breath. Sorry. :/

you're right soundtracker i hope all those great things will be back one dayat the park .

Budget Cuts Years from 2001 ro 2004 is now over . Look all the small details are coming back .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    Budget Cuts Years from 2001 ro 2004 is now over . Look all the small details are coming back .
    Does anyone have anything they would personally like to see return. I would like to see all the closed restaurants, shops (Especially the Arabian Bazaar)and attractions reopened if possible and a return of the old cowboy fight thing from the early nineties.

• Rock The World

I'm right with you, Fantillusion! I'd love to see the Arabian Bazaar reopen. Adventureland hasn't been the same since it closed.
    And I think I'm one of the few people to have seen the short lived Zorro stunt show on the streets of Frontierland. Could we have that one back, please?

hmmm. It seems my guidebook might be quite out of date because it also mentions the Arabian Bazaar, and I didn't remember seeing that last year either!

Anyone got any other tips for good keepsakes to buy?

• is satisfactual.

I miss the twinkle lights in all the trees, but it looks they're making a comeback, so, yay. But I really miss the good merchandise. There once was a time when you could go to Bixby Brothers on Main Street and find a selection of Disney men's watches, ties, cufflinks, hats and other silly things you could never actually wear to a formal occasion but just knew you needed. And you'd only find them in that one shop, because every shop carried its own seperate collection of merchandise for the most part.

I know it sounds like I'm talking about 1954 here, but this was during a time when 'the Rachel' was a popular hairstyle and Beavis & Butthead was all the rage. It's shocking how different the park has become in some areas. Nowadays I hardly buy anything at all except the occasional coffee table book. I mean, who honestly feels tempted to buy a lurid picture frame that every store in every nook and cranny of the complex tries to sell you? And even if you'd buy it, would you buy it again the next five hundred times you see it? And who wants a T-shirt big enough to hide a corpse in? It's hardly any wonder people aren't spending enough. But I digress.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 03-12-2007 at 07:06 AM.

Pussnboots, I totally agree with you, and it isn't off topic, because the whole reason I wanted to visit the silhouette artist was to get a souvenier that was a bit different to the usual plastic cups etc.

I was really disappointed when I went last year. I had saved up loads of money for the trip and ending bringing a lot of it home again because I just couldn't find anything I wanted to buy. The only thing that I was really pleased with was the Mr Potato Head bits I found in a shop in the studios. You could buy Mickey ears, hands, shoes, goofy hats, pirate eyes and loads of cool Mr Potato head things (for my 4 year old by the way!) that I never saw in any other shop in the resort, or have ever seen anywhere again (not even on ebay!). The best bit was that you can fill up the box with a potato and about 6-7 bits for 10 Euros or something, but I just filled it up with accessories as we already had a 'potato' at home.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggertoo View Post
    Pussnboots, I totally agree with you, and it isn't off topic, because the whole reason I wanted to visit the silhouette artist was to get a souvenier that was a bit different to the usual plastic cups etc.

I was really disappointed when I went last year. I had saved up loads of money for the trip and ending bringing a lot of it home again because I just couldn't find anything I wanted to buy. The only thing that I was really pleased with was the Mr Potato Head bits I found in a shop in the studios. You could buy Mickey ears, hands, shoes, goofy hats, pirate eyes and loads of cool Mr Potato head things (for my 4 year old by the way!) that I never saw in any other shop in the resort, or have ever seen anywhere again (not even on ebay!). The best bit was that you can fill up the box with a potato and about 6-7 bits for 10 Euros or something, but I just filled it up with accessories as we already had a 'potato' at home.
    I know exactly what you mean. I was surprised to find that Mr Potato Head display there as well, sort of like finding a Birkin bag in a half-off bin. I think the Studios may have actually become the better shopping destination (relatively speaking, with its grand total of about three shops), selling more 'offbeat' goods than practically anywhere in the Disneyland Park.

I suppose if you really want something special, there are still the glass artisans, but you have to be into that sort of thing (and be willing to own a curio cabinet)... Beyond that, when it's open, there's Dapper Dan's for a quirky grooming session (not for girls, obviously, except perhaps for some in my family), the Storybook Store on Town Square (lovely books and media) and the castle Christmas boutique. Harrington's and the Disney Gallery in Disney Village carry a line of expensive wall art. The shops deeper into the park sell land-appropriate items such as cowboy hats and rubber snakes, but these aren't (noticeably) of the Disney brand.

That... Is it however. Pretty much every other shop on property will carry the same line of Pixar, Princess and Pirate crapola, along with the usual souvenir mugs and cereal bowls. The only bright spot on the horizon is that they'll soon offer Disneyland Paris-brand wine.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 03-12-2007 at 01:02 PM.

• Hello!

I guess we have found a use for WDSP. Walt Disney Shopping Park.

@the summer I got a cool WDS movie reel canister with the logo on the front with marshmallows inside. I liked it!

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantillusion View Post
    I guess we have found a use for WDSP. Walt Disney Shopping Park.
    Indeed, sort of like how everyone goes to DCA for the booze instead of the rides.

Lesson to Disney for when a park fails: Take one essential thing out of the popular parks and put that in the failing one. To consider: ATM machines, beverages (on a hot day), smoking areas, benches, toilet paper.

This is so much fun now that we know Disney reads these forums...

I would like to see the double-decker bus on main street, and of course a live ragtime band, maybe a barbershopquartet, and a ragtime pianoplayer

If anyone from Disney is reading this...I WANT TO SPEND MY MONEY WITH YOU SO GIVE ME SOMETHING TO BUY! My husband and I spent about 1000 on things in Florida when we were there, I got a really cool t-shirt with 3 Mickey heads in animal prints and DH got a brilliant Star Wars t-shirt done like the Calvin Klein CK logo, only with SW. When I went to DLP last year I tried to buy him another 'cool' Star Wars t-shirt and all they had were jokey ones with a big picture of Yoda on or something - we want originality pleeeeease!
    I don't want to go around with 'Disneyland Paris' written all over my t-shirt, I want something subtle and different that I can wear without looking like a tourist!

• Rock The World

I couldn't agree more. The quality of the resort's merchandise has been declining for years now. I don't think I've bought anything there for at least three years, and I've really been LOOKING for something to buy!

• Hitchhiker

This is like writing to Santa..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast