July 4th at Disney, am I crazy?

Hi,

I'm taking my niece (16) and nephew (13) to LA for a week. They live in the US, but I live in Australia, so a bit tricky planning from down under. We will be there 30th June - July 5th.

They want to go to Disneyland on 4th of July, because of the fireworks.

Is this madness, or a great adventure?

Any tips on how to survive? I have been to Disneyland before but that was in winter and all very easy going, plus we had no kids.

We are staying in Santa Monica so I'd be taking a tour or shuttle down - any hints?

Appreciate any advice!

• Banned User

Re: July 4th at Disney, am I crazy?

Are you visiting DL in California or DLPairs? This is the Paris forum... They do not celebrate 4th of july in Paris, and while DLP may be busy on the 4th of july, it would be on it's own right due to their 15th anniversary celebration, and not because of a holiday that is only celebrted in the USA.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

It's madness. Do you like madhouse crowds? If not, it might not be your cup of tea. Plus, it'll probably be 100 degrees.
    Fight On! Beat the Bears!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Banned User

Again... this is the Disneyland PARIS forum. Crowds at DLP on the 4th of july do not mirror the ones in the USA.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Are you visiting DL in California or DLPairs? This is the Paris forum... They do not celebrate 4th of july in Paris, and while DLP may be busy on the 4th of july, it would be on it's own right due to their 15th anniversary celebration, and not because of a holiday that is only celebrted in the USA.
    The OP is going to LA and staying in Santa Monica. That means Disneyland in California, not Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Again... this is the Disneyland PARIS forum. Crowds at DLP on the 4th of july do not mirror the ones in the USA.
    Yes, the post is in the wrong forum, but I responded by answering the OP's question anyway. Perhaps a mod can move this to the correct forum.
    Fight On! Beat the Bears!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Oh my Goodness!

It is pretty crazy. I did it about 3 years ago. Here's the thing...if you want good seats for the fireworks you have to start saving them early afternoon. A lot of people show up JUST for the fireworks. Though to be perfectly honest - when I went 3 years ago I wasn't all that impressed by the 'special 4th of July Fireworks.' When we went they did the regular show (which was the show between Believe and Remember if I am correct...) and then a lil while later they did the 4th of July show. I had a good time though. It was crowded, but not unbearable.

If you only go to Disneyland for the fireworks, you will be disappointed and there will be huge crowds. I'm from that area and all you need to do is find out which municpal park is doing fireworks and go there for free with a picnic and a blanket and sit right underneath them. Many many parks have extensive free fireworks displays on the 4th. Then go to Disneyland on a weekday and enjoy.