Thread: Itinerary Help

Itinerary Help

I'm going to Europe this summer for a month and I will be in Paris for 4 days. My family has agreed to give me a day for the resort, i'm the only crazy Disney fan in the family so they could all pass. I'm an annual passholder for Disneyland and i've been to WDW countless times but this is my first encounter outside than those parks. Seeing as I only have 1 day I will probably only be in the main park. Any insight into how I can get everything done in a day would be greatly appreciated!! I really want to have it all planned out so that when I get there I'm ready to go. I will be there in late July, not exactly sure which day. Thanks!!!

Re: Itinerary Help

Hello KatieGraceee! I was in a similar spot a couple of weeks ago. Please check out the thread,
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59676
    Of course I would have liked more days, but I felt one day was well worth the stop. Have fun!

Thanks I just read through it. So since that date has passed i'm assuming you've been. Can you give me a run down of what you did that day and if there is anything you would have changed?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

KatieGraceee, The thread link by sdmom was a good one, and will provide you with a lot of good info.

One bit of advice, if you really want to pack everything into one day, get there before opening and use Fastpass for the big rides. You should be just fine.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Also... if you are a veteran of DL/WDW.. you should be able to find your way around the park just fine. As Dustysage said... get there early, use FP and follow the flow. Make time to see the new parade. DLP will blow you away...as it is the most beautiful of the DL parks and their E-Ticket rides are some of the best/lavish ones ever created for a DL park. Also, if you plan to visit on a weekday, you will find the park less crowded as opposed to being there on weekends.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Yeah but don't go up Main Street and hang a hard left lookin for Indiana Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye and Jungle Cruise, you'll be in Frontierland not Adventureland.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

The king thing to hit early on is Big Thunder, Peter Pan and Space Mountain early on, they have the longest queues (other than Dumbo, which is totally skipable for a Disney vet).
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Yeah but don't go up Main Street and hang a hard left lookin for Indiana Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye and Jungle Cruise, you'll be in Frontierland not Adventureland.
    Shoudn't they not look for those attractions at all because they don't exist in Disneyland Paris?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

you should probably check this as its been a while since i last went to disneyland paris, but at one point if you bought a one day ticket to either park you could go into the other park for 3 hours at the end of the day. just something to bear in mind, although about half the walt disney studios park is shows so you may not get to see them all i would recommend Cinemagique (very good and different) lights motors action (same as florida but is amazing) and the rides of Backlot tour, rock n roller coaster and armageddon special effects.

as for the disneyland park i have top say that Big thunder Mpountain is the best in the world (and i've done them all) so make sure you go on this. Space mountain has a great launch and i personally love the paris version of pirates where there are 2 sword fighting animatronics who actually touch swords.

hope you have a great trip.

thank you for all the help. I'm getting very excited. anyone else with advice please share. especially if you have been to DL and WDW help me to compare rides. I know the layouts vary park to park. Also, I don't speak french. will this be a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by it398 View Post
    you should probably check this as its been a while since i last went to disneyland paris, but at one point if you bought a one day ticket to either park you could go into the other park for 3 hours at the end of the day. just something to bear in mind, although about half the walt disney studios park is shows so you may not get to see them all i would recommend Cinemagique (very good and different) lights motors action (same as florida but is amazing) and the rides of Backlot tour, rock n roller coaster and armageddon special effects.
    This no longer exists, instead, you can now buy a two park one day hopper for about 15 euro extra. May be worth it, but most people find there is more than enough to do in DLP iteslf.

As a vet of the US parks, do not miss the following:

Unique to DLP:
    The Castle Gallery and Dragon's Lair
    The Liberty and Discovery Arcades in Main Street
    Aladdin Walk Through
    Alice's Curious Labrynth
    The Nautilus Walk through
    Tarzan (great stage show)
    Legend of the Lion King (awesome broadway quality show).

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (although does not exist in the US parks, only bother with if you have time on your hands.

Attractions in the US that have been altered, I would recommend the following priorities:

Phantom Manor - full story, orchestration, and boot hill/cowboytown
    Space Mountain - not what it once was, but still very unique
    Pirates of the Caribbean - fab. I still marginally prefer the slower version in DL, but the whole experience of this one including the queue is awesome.
    Big Thunder Mountain - the best version anywhere!
    It's a Small World - again, probably the best version in the world.
    Storybookland Canal Boats/Casey Jr - different models than at DL

Everything else is very similar/the same as the US parks except with different languages. The Fantasyland Dark rides may be the best versions, but they are not a huge departure from their US counterparts.

Have a great time.

As for the language, do not worry, almost all cast members speak both French and English, in fact there are a number of cast members from the US, UK, and Germany, Belgium and Holland who speak excellent english. All written material are bilingual, and most attractions that rely on language have headphones to listen in English.

Also, please be aware the worst queues are for Peter Pan's Flight and Big Thunder, so be sure to either get there early or use fast pass. Tuesdays and Thursdays are traditionally the quietest days.