Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Continuing the Magic

DLRP Restaurants

I'm visiting DLRP in June for the first time and would like to know peoples opinions of the restaurants at the resort. By rankings best to not as good would be a great help in making reservations and having the best experience possible.
    Thank You

• Membre

Re: DLRP Restaurants

You can visit : http://www.dlpfoodguide.com/

My favourite restaurants (not to be missed !!!) :
    - Walt's (Disneyland Park), great food, great service.
    - Invention's (Disneyland Hotel), for evening dinner with Disney characters (a must do!)
    - Annette's Diner (Disney Village), best burgers on Disney property
    Last edited by Olivier; 05-01-2007 at 10:55 PM.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: DLRP Restaurants

Note that some of the menus above may be outdated. Some of the restaurants, including Walt's, have revamped their menus lately.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Banned User

Most restaurants at DLRP are worth visiting just for the decor, since the menus are so so... especially the counter service ones. Auberge de Cendrillion was one of my favorites as well... then they kept it closed for years. Now, it has one of those touristy trap character meal buffets. But I definitely recommend Walt's on Main Street FR.

• Gay Man

My two favorites:
    Walts
    California Grill (in the Disneyland Hotel)

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Auberge de Cendrillion was one of my favorites as well... then they kept it closed for years. Now, it has one of those touristy trap character meal buffets.
    What are you talking about? I ate there a few years ago and it was a full service French restaurant, escargots and all. When did it turn into a buffet?

• Banned User

Blog Entries

I enjoyed the dinner show and bbq food at the wild west show, do they still have that dinner show?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I enjoyed the dinner show and bbq food at the wild west show, do they still have that dinner show?
    Yes, they still have the Bufalo Bill Dinner Show. However, I believe they stopped handing out the free cowboy hats. Too bad.

• Continuing the Magic

Most restaurants at DLRP are worth visiting just for the decor, since the menus are so so... especially the counter service ones. Auberge de Cendrillion was one of my favorites as well... then they kept it closed for years. Now, it has one of those touristy trap character meal buffets. But I definitely recommend Walt's on Main Street FR.

DLRP still lists this restaurant as full service french cuisine, is the web site wrong? Because that was one of the ones we were going to go to.

• Banned User

I have not been to it since it re-opened, mostly because I hate*hate*hate character buffets.

Yes, they still have the Bufalo Bill Dinner Show. However, I believe they stopped handing out the free cowboy hats. Too bad.
    When and where did you hear they stopped handing out the cowboy hats? This was one of the shows my family is doing this summer when we visit DLP briefly for the first time during our Italy/France/Spain vacation. This is the first I've heard they no longer give out hats. I remember reading a trip report from a December 2006 trip regarding the show which stated they received the hats, so was it sometime within the last 4 months? Whether or not we are given the hats isn't a make or break decision from us since we've talked with a number of people who visited DLP and highly recommended doing the show (especially since this will be our first and possibly last visit to DLP (at least for quite some time)), but it would be nice to know if we shouldn't expect the hats.

• Banned User

A friend of mine recently attended the show and told me they handed out some other type of hat, but not a cowboy hat as before. Will have to research this again.

A friend of mine recently attended the show and told me they handed out some other type of hat, but not a cowboy hat as before. Will have to research this again.

Well I don't remember what type of hat that trip report mentioned, all I remember reading is that they got a hat. Whether or not it was the same type of hat as had been given out before, I have no idea. I'm glad to hear that, at the least, they still give you some type of hat. Thanks for the quick reply and if you hear anything else, that would be great.
    Last edited by CTXRover; 05-02-2007 at 08:05 PM.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: DLRP Restaurants

According to recent posts on the DIS boards, Auberge de Cendrillion is now a full service, set menu princess feast costing 48 Euros per adult. Since this is $60+, it may well be the most expensive character meal on the planet. Don't know Tokyo prices, though.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick View Post
    According to recent posts on the DIS boards, Auberge de Cendrillion is now a full service, set menu princess feast costing 48 Euros per adult. Since this is $60+, it may well be the most expensive character meal on the planet. Don't know Tokyo prices, though.
    I checked out those DIS forums and they brought back a lot of wonderful DLP food memories, haha. In retrospect, I have to say that when it comes to fine dining, all the restaurants at DLP are excellent. It's been beaten to death, I know, but it's the counter service places where you need to be very, very selective in order to get a reasonably pleasing meal. The rest is wonderful. Although Plaza Gardens is a dubious one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast