The incredible origin of WDS "Cinemagique" attraction

When the Walt Disney studios open in Paris in 2002, the Cinemagique" attraction was one of the best one, and still is. For those of you who have never seen it, the attraction is a tribute to cinema history. Here is the story line: The movie begin by a black and white 1920's sequence until somebody inside the audience is magically transport inside the movie - just like in Woody Allen's Purple rose of Cairo. Then, the man goes from one famous movie sequence to another - digitally include in the original shots, and funny and emotional things happen between him, the characters of the original sequences and a girl. That's very basically how it goes.

Now , some weeks ago, i was reading an article on the very good cartoon brew web site, talking about something called "Balloon movies" done by a mysterious director...just to discover that what they were talking about was one of the first and abandoned concept for Cinemagique!
    In this other concept, we always had the famous movie sequences, but a facetious balloon - digitally include in the original shots with After Effects - was going from a sequence to another.
    Not only it's perfectly done, but also funny or poetic.

And you can discover this never done concept and see all the sequences that were done edited on a video, on the Disney and more web site.

Re: The incredible origin of WDS "Cinemagique" attraction

the one of the most Original Great attractions in this small park . And you can't find it at any other Disney Parks .

• ...TWO BITS!

Is this the one with Martin Short?

I saw those balloon clips on youtube. Pretty neat. I thought I read the effect was for a commerical? Maybe it meant for this attraction...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

According to Tales from the Laughing Place, the orginal concept was to pay homage to the old French film, the Red Balloon. The idea was a child in the theatre accidently lets go of his balloon and it floats into the movie, with the father chasing after it, going from genre to genre. Although clever, and a great reference to an international hit for french family film making, it does not have the same heart and was quickly abandoned for the wonderful film we have now.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!