October or September

I'm planning a trip right now to DLP in either the beginning of Oct or middle of September and I'm not sure when to go. I'm asking a few questions of you to help make my decision...
    1. Do you all know when Le Pays des Contes de Fees (Storybook Land) closes for the season?
    2. When does the park get decorated for Halloween?
    3. Do the parades change themes or will the 15th be around for the whole year?
    4. Does the Haunted Manor there have the Nightmare Before Xmas theme during Halloween?

Thanks for your help here. And when might you all suggest I go, Oct or Sept? I've been once about 5 years ago but am looking forward to seeing how things have changed.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: October or September

1) I think its the end of August but with recent management changes and the arrival of the 15th Anniversary it may change!

2) The Halloween event usually begins 1st of Oct.

3) No idea

4) Phantom Manor doesn't have the Nightmaire Before Christmas overlay like California and Tokyo do.

I think your best bet is to try Oct

• FuseMP

I'm in a similar boat as far as the parade change for Halloween, I wanted to go September time, but that may not be possible and i dont want to get there in Oct to find the place has been redone for Halloween with all the decorations and different parade because i want to go for the 15th Anniversary stuff (i was there for Halloween in 2005).

May have to wait until November, at least the lines will be a lot shorter

• On Autopilot

a friend of mine and myself are going this october, when do they have the Halloween Party tickets (if any) and how much are they? also, do they condone dressing up for the event? Since we both know Halloween's not so costume oriented for the holiday

• FuseMP

Halloween at DLRP isnt like a Mickeys Not So Scary at WDW, its not a hard ticket event in the evening. Although I think there was a single night event a few years back.

Maybe someone else can give more information, last time i was there for Halloween, it was just decorations and the parade.

• Diamond In The Rough

Quote Originally Posted by Larxene1959 View Post
    a friend of mine and myself are going this october, when do they have the Halloween Party tickets (if any) and how much are they?
    I think there's a hard ticket event on or near Halloween, but only one or two nights.

It'll be interested to see what DLRP has planned for Halloween this year - how it impacts on the 15th celebrations etc.
    I've been in Oct a couple of times and will say it's better to go the first or second week - late Oct is a major school holiday here in the UK and the place was swarming with Brits. Too busy!

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• On A Disney World Tour...

Yes it's always been a one night event on halloween night. But during october, main street and frontierland are heavily decorated for the occasion. I'll try and up some photos.
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• Hitchhiker

DLRP hotels are already very well booked for September. Don't wait too long.

Thanks for the advice and the answers. I finally found some information searching various sights, and one which was real obvious, but can't seem to find it now..I'll post it when I get home, but it said the Halloween events begin the 6th of Oct and go until the 14th of Nov 2007--this year there will be a Stitch theme to it as well as the orange paint/pumpkins and the pink witches. So here come more questions--do you think they close the park earlier the day before to set up? or does the stuff filter in or what do you think? I ask, cause I'd like to see the park without the decor, but I'd also like to see it with. So I was thinking to go the day before and then the first day of? Thoughts? Is that just too risky? And finally, can anyone point me to someone or a site that might give more details on the seasonal closing for Le Pays des Contes de Fees (Storybook Land)--right now August is the best answer I've got, and this could be a deal breaker for me. Any help would be great. PS: they have both the villians parade and the 15th anniversary parade during the Halloween events--at least that's what I read. Thanks!

I'm sure most of you know, but you can find seasonal event information for Disneyland Paris at this website: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/seasons/