Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Membre

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    Correction, the boulevard will START at the centre of the park, and extend out beyond the current boundary. It will pass straight through the point where the Tram Tour station now stands. Construction is rumoured to start as early as 2007.
    I hope so. But I wonder what we will find at the end of the bloulevard, a future attraction ?

but if you watch that construction picture you can see that the Tower is between Armaggeddon and Tram Tour right ? where do you want to fit the Hollywood blvd and to where ?

i would love to see an Hollywood Blvd but where they can fit that blvd ?
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Hitchhiker

Short-term location

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot
    but if you watch that construction picture you can see that the Tower is between Armaggeddon and Tram Tour right ? where do you want to fit the Hollywood blvd and to where?
    Tram Tour Station is on a temporary place at the moment. There are plans to relocate it.

Backlot Route

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop
    Tram Tour Station is on a temporary place at the moment. There are plans to relocate it.
    Yes, I also heard that. But wont the Boulevard go straight trough the Backlot tram route? They will also have to change the route then. I hope they just make the ride shorter because it is way to long. Only the Canyon is great. I hope they leave the Dragon thing out.
    - Milo

• Rock The World

The plan (as I've heard it, at least) is to change the Tram Tour route completely. A new central plaza will be built on the current site of the Tram Tour station, and the boulevard will extend out at an angle from this point. It will extend beyond the Moteurs...Action! stadium and end at the point where the Cast Member car park currently stands. There will be a larger hub or square at the end, surrounded by large attractions, and a restaurant.
    There's no word yet on what to expect from these, but a new version of The Great Movie Ride is odds on favourite!
    So just imagine - you step out of Studio 1. The Tower of Terror rears up to your left, the new Toon Studios area with its large Finding Nemo ride sits to your right, and Hollywood boulevard stretches away in front of you towards The Great Movie Ride.
    If it happens (and I know that's a very big "if") then Walt Disney Studios could yet turn into a very nice little park.

Let's keep our fingers crossed then
    - Milo

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    If it happens (and I know that's a very big "if") then Walt Disney Studios could yet turn into a very nice little park.
    Indeed.

• Riding Big Thunder

Re: WDS : Tower Of Terror Constructions Pictures !

This sounds quite good if it all happens, I hope it does! Then I may consider visiting Disneyland Parc's poorer cousin.
    Walt Disney World Trips: October 95, August 98, October 04

Disneyland Paris Trips: Too many to name!

On July 12, Leanne Deacon, 16, of Kibworth, England, suffered cardiac arrest shortly after exiting Disney-MGM Studio's Twilight Zone Tower of Terror thrill ride. A CT scan after her collapse showed she was bleeding in her brain.

Although Leanne complained of leg cramps and headaches before her collapse, her mother, June Deacon, told deputies that she too had no known medical conditions.

Leanne remained in critical condition Thursday at Florida Hospital Orlando. Family members have not disclosed further information.

Officials from the Florida Department of Agriculture Bureau of Fair Rides Inspection and Disney found the Tower of Terror operated properly.

No comments
    Article from Orlando Sentinel.

I have heard that a boulevard was planned some time ago, but when the project was confirmed, they referred to the original plans where the TOWER OF TERROR would be in the centre of the park - on the empty place in front of Armageddon (in former plans, a boulevard would have led behind the studio tram tour where the tower would have been), bu I guess we will receive a faked boulevard (street sets) like in the backlot area of the MGM Studios

Exclamation Update on Construction!

Hey everyone,
    I managed (don't ask me how, my arm still hurts ) to take some photo's of the construction works that are still going on in the Studio's. These were taken two days ago.

As you can see on this first photo here, construction is visible throughout the whole park:

Here are two photo's where you can see most of the construction site:

And one from a different angle (read: different bushes). This is closer to the actual construction and as you can see the large hole is gone so they must have finished with the foundations:

Here's a close up from another location. You can see more clearly that there isn't a hole anymore:
    - Milo

• Membre

Thanks for sharing the pictures. They're great!
    I also saw the high crane last weekend, but I didn't see what was behind the fences.

from what i've heard we'll see the TOT grew up in october .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Riding Big Thunder

Ooh, this is actually quite exciting! I hope the plans for WDS don't stop after ToT mind you, one attraction won't turn this park around completely.
    Walt Disney World Trips: October 95, August 98, October 04

Disneyland Paris Trips: Too many to name!

• Membre

I found this site with updated pics :

http://www.tourdelaterreur.fr/

Not much to see yet... but I think this site will often have new pics.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast