• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Tower of Terror opening

Do we yet have either a official or rough opening date for the Tower of Terror attraction at the Studios.And when do you think previews will start.Also how is the progress going the last pics I've seen looked like it was close to finishing the outside of the building.Have Imagineers started the testing of the lifts yet?
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Hello!

Re: Tower of Terror opening

Soft openings start the 22nd of December and official opening should be some time in January. Subject to change. And Yes, they have started testing the lifts, I am sure I seen a video a month or so ago.

They also put this advertisement with the latest Shareholders Club newsletter! Dlrpmagic.com says that we should expect to see this in brochures, advertisements, billboards, magazine adverts and more as the build-up to one of the resort’s biggest attraction launch campaigns ever gets started this November and December.

- Milo

• Senior Minion

Hasn't the Twighlight Zone part of the ride been dropped in some of the Disney parks?

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Hasn't the Twighlight Zone part of the ride been dropped in some of the Disney parks?
    Tokyo DisneySea's Tower did not include a Twilight Zone for various reasons.

On the subject of the Resort pushing one of its biggest ever ad campaigns; I think this attraction deserves it. The future success of the Studios is riding on this attraction. As melodramatic as that may sound, its true - if people visit the park purely to see what all the fuss over this new ride is about, and they like - they will tell other people about Disney's great new park at Disneyland Paris. Of course it isn't new, but first time visitors will be under that impression - especially if they then visit the Toon Studios, and other attractions in the park. Rising ticket sales leads to more faith in the second park - and much needed expansion.

If the Tower is a failure, Disney might as well just close up shop.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Tokyo DisneySea's Tower did not include a Twilight Zone for various reasons.

On the subject of the Resort pushing one of its biggest ever ad campaigns; I think this attraction deserves it. The future success of the Studios is riding on this attraction. As melodramatic as that may sound, its true - if people visit the park purely to see what all the fuss over this new ride is about, and they like - they will tell other people about Disney's great new park at Disneyland Paris. Of course it isn't new, but first time visitors will be under that impression - especially if they then visit the Toon Studios, and other attractions in the park. Rising ticket sales leads to more faith in the second park - and much needed expansion.

If the Tower is a failure, Disney might as well just close up shop.
    Very true. And if nothing else, it might finally stop people from thinking the park is a museum*...

*Apparently a popular answer when DLRP visitors were asked what they thought the WDS was in a recent survey. It didn't say whether those people had actually been inside the park, but even if they had it seems understandable, haha.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Very true. And if nothing else, it might finally stop people from thinking the park is a museum*...

*Apparently a popular answer when DLRP visitors were asked what they thought the WDS was in a recent survey. It didn't say whether those people had actually been inside the park, but even if they had it seems understandable, haha.
    It is understandable, purely on the basis of the name - and the entrance. It seems that Disney's efforts to make it look like a real working studio were a bit too good...
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    It is understandable, purely on the basis of the name - and the entrance. It seems that Disney's efforts to make it look like a real working studio were a bit too good...
    I could see lots of reasons for that misconception... Start out with the clueless European visitor for whom the concept of a multiple-park resort is completely foreign, then add:

1. Not many theme park entrances lead up to a giant box-style building;
    2. The post-entrance park area makes no attempt at creating any sort of fantasy world;
    3. It looks completely utilitarian;
    4. Its attractions are largely tour- and show-based, and the ones that aren't are hidden out of view in more box-style buildings;
    5. It's rather dull.

Add to that the Art of Disney Animation (which I quite like for the record, even without the lovely extras of DCA's) and you have a place that feels more like a half-baked movie museum than a theme park.

The Toon Studio is starting to turn that around, the ToT and surrounding area is the park's first shot at turning that around in a good way, in my opinion. They have a substantial shot here at putting the park on the right track. I just hope they succeed.