Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Coming soon...

Question A couple of DLRP questions.

Hi, at the moment my family are considering going to DLRP in late October during the UK half term break, however, there are a few questions I want to ask you all here:

1. When we go, will it be the halloween season? Will any rides have Halloween alterations, as I've never been to DLP in autumn, only summer.
    2. What rides are likely to be closed for refurbs in the week before October 26th? What days are they closed?
    3. How is Crush's coaster? I've never riden a spinning coaster, and fear that I may feel sick on it. Is it nauseating at all, or does it make you dizzy?

Thanks,
    Scorchio

• FuseMP

Re: A couple of DLRP questions.

I'm guessing that Halloween this year will be similar to past years, in which case the park is orangified. There's lots of fun little pumpkin men statues on main street, Adventureland is very altered with pumpkins and witches, there's a witch/pumpkin men show put on at the entrance hub, and a HUGE pumpkin at the base of the castle.

It seems to be very individual opinion whether the decorations are good or not, my wife and I loved them but i have seen posts on here with some serious hate.

I'm not sure how Halloween will interact with the 15th celebration this year

At work at the moment, but will post some Halloween pics from my last trip when i get home.

• Membre

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyle View Post
    I'm guessing that Halloween this year will be similar to past years, in which case the park is orangified. There's lots of fun little pumpkin men statues on main street, Adventureland is very altered with pumpkins and witches, there's a witch/pumpkin men show put on at the entrance hub, and a HUGE pumpkin at the base of the castle.
    Frontierland is very altered.
    I'm one of those who hate Halloween decorations, if you're a classic Disneyland fan, if you love Main Street just as it is, and you think that Frontierland should remain that special land : avoid by all means the parisian resort in october!!! What they do, especially in Frontierland is almost a crime.

- For rides closures, check DLP official site, they have information updated regularly.

- I'll soon ride Crush's Coaster, so I don't have an opinion yet. I've heard you can get a bit dizzy though... I'll let you know.

• Pirate - G'har!

I've been on a coaster identical in style at alton towers (spinball whizzer) and didn't feel any nausea, I was actually quite surpsied but whether it being in the dark will have a big effect I dunno :S

• Coming soon...

Thanks for that. I'm going to Chessington World of Adventures on Saturday (hopefully), and I'll try their spinning coaster to see what the spinning feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyle View Post
    I'm not sure how Halloween will interact with the 15th celebration this year?
    Well, I don't know about them decorating the park again and all, but what I do know is that the new parade will be running all 15th season! Also heard that maybe they will add a last parade float during special holidays (Halloween & Christmas).
    - Milo

I'm planning a trip there in October as well, so I've been doing a lot of research. This site really helped: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/seasons/

Also, when is the UK half term break?

• World Traveler

We're going in late October as well ... G-d willing.

• Coming soon...

I think it'll be during 19th to 25th (I have to get back for the 26th as I have to receive a scholarship from London). I'll be going with family (parents and younger brother).

Looking at that site, GUYNYC, halloween Is on during that time, but no attraction closures are listed. Thing is that I haven't riden the POTC in Paris in 5 years, as its been closed every time we've been since then due to refurbs . Space Mountain I hope'll be open, as that's my favourite ride in the world!

Anyway, can anyone tell me how dizzying Crush is, I love the theming of it, but fear I'll get ill on it.

• Senior Minion

This brings a question to mind that I have been wondering for a while.

Although a regular visitor to DLP, I have never been during any of the holiday seasons. Does DLP theme any of its rides to fit the holiday like DLC's Xmas versions of Country Bear Jamoree and Haunted Mansion featuring Jack Skellington?

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Although a regular visitor to DLP, I have never been during any of the holiday seasons. Does DLP theme any of its rides to fit the holiday like DLC's Xmas versions of Country Bear Jamoree and Haunted Mansion featuring Jack Skellington?
    Not that I know of....
    - Milo

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    This brings a question to mind that I have been wondering for a while.

The only rehash for the holidays is It's a Small World. There are decorations, new costumes and the Jingle Bells/IASW medley just like at DL and TDL.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Coming soon...

We've now booked our hotel reservations for the 21st to 24th of October. Do any of you know what rides will be closed during this period? The DLP site doesn't tell me.

Thanks for all your help though.

Somewhere someone told me that ride closures are generally posted about two months prior. And park hours are posted about 3 months prior. Right now the site is posting hours for Sept. Try a web search--I've seen it somewhere before, on what was closed last year during that time period. I know some rides close for the season, so you might be able to get a sense of what might be closed--as for any sudden closures, you may have to wait till later for them to post it. If you find any more info, please let me know.

I've never been to DLP at Halloween, but would love to go and have an outside shot at it this year.

I know their take on the holiday is a bit over-the-top-orange, but it's still supposed to be well done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast