Everyone post ideas! This is just a thread for anything (realistic or not) that you want to see added to the studios or the direction you think it should go in. I believe it can be made into a good, even great second gate because it has such potential (as far as I'm concerned the layout is a little more sensical than Disney-MGM just cos I never got the whole echo lake bit, if anyone can explain that please do btw lol).
1. Tart up Toon Studio slightly with just some touches like a camera crane with goofy hanging off it coming out of one of the planters or such the like, maybe even a new sit-down restaurant if there's the space.
2. The entire production courtyard becomes the hollywood street set with Cinemagique becoming perhaps the El Capitan or something. The TV Studios would be sort of segregated from this, the idea being it was just the tv section of the studio near the hollywood set.
3. Backlot would essentially remain the same, now officially the only concretey nitty gritty area with perhaps just a bit of decoration like toon studio, cars piled up on a spike ala wayne's world or maybe some kind of burning sculpture, I dunno just something
4. Now I wander a bit into the more unrealistic but possible. The tram tour entrance would be relocated to the backlot and it would become backlot tour while the hollywood set tunnel would lead to (drum roll) Tune Studio. Yeah the name might be a little, well, confusing but I like it. This area would be the sound department and would feature a Fantasia Attraction (3D motion simulator perhaps) and a fun attraction about movie sound design. Now I know what you're gonna say, why the hell is rock 'n' roller coaster over in backlot when it should really be in Toon Studios. My answer? Well, it's a bit of a dodgy one but the idea of R'n'RC would be changed slightly so that it's the shoot for an Aerosmith video (maybe a little queue/pre-show alteration) which would make sense. Tune Studio would be very interestingly designed and bright with lots of curvy paths and such and pretty buildings for the attractions (and the usual assortment of shops/eateries etc).
5. Small street sets round the back near Tune Studio from which you can either go left to backlot or advance forward to the sets for New York and Paris perhaps.
6. Something at the back. I don't know what, but something big. Fantasmic maybe (not very studioish though) or even the visual effects department where there's tons of interactive kind of exhibits throughout with blue screens or something (hmm, Armageddon...I guess that's more special effects as opposed to visual effects but what the hey, the something big can be something else). If anyone can think of anything big please be my guest
7. Just a touch of life throughout. Like people actually shooting on the Hollywood set (and definitely the NY/Paris sets) just to make it feel like a buzzing studio but with Disney quality, life and magic.
Thank you if you've read all this and please post your ideas (sorry for the long post).