Which one do you prefere ? Mission 1 or 2 ?

for my personnal experience i prefer the Old one with that great orchestra Ride Music .

Mission 2 is not so bad but the special effects are already missing '' De La Terre a la Lune '' was so much better .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Main Street Maniac

I will experience SM:M2 for the first time in less than a month, when I'll finally enjoy my holidays, but I don't have all that expectations about Mission 2.

The main reason is that I really enjoyed the twist imagineering gave to that area of the park, shifting from trying (and often failing) to image the real future to an optimistic rendition of a future that never was. It was a clever twist on the theme of the future because it was
    1. easily understandable (everybody knows the "futures" la Verne!)
    2. full of depth (lots of ride and attraction opportunities)
    3. kid of nostalgical (wich is one of the main ingredient of the Disneyland Walt Disney himself wanted)

Of course, bringing Buzz, closing Visionarium and moving to Mission 2 has weaked a lot the original theme of that area of the park more to a fun and thrill area, wich is a real shame.

I loved the retro look and feel of the old Space Mountain and, base from the pictures I saw the new theming just looks to me too much disvoery channel-like.

Sorry, probably wrote too much. In short, I don't like it.

I do not like SEQUELS

I'm just against a number 2 - I did like the storyline of Space Mountain as it was "THE" ride of Discoveryland -- Space Mountain-Mission 2 is a nice attraction in detail even if I think that it will happen soon that this attraction and the special effects are out of date.

The ORIGINAL version was just timeless and genious. I love it. I would go for putting the original music back on - as the track remained the same, the music would still fit - and instead of the Supernova (not spectecular at all) you could place a realistic moon.

BUT - teenagers love the music and the effects - it's new, it's cool, it's great - you must see that - that's what they say.

Mission 2 is not a bad ride. If you never did the original ride Mission 2 is on of the best Disneyland Parc rides! But if you did ride the original and loved it (like us), you'll just miss a lot of things.
    For instance the open queue; almost more a thrill then the actual ride with all the people going lightspeed and screeming, all just right above you.
    I also don't agree on what they did to the main hall. They only removed the french flags/banners and updated the logo's. Why didn't they do a whole makeover. It makes you nostalgic of the old Space Mountain and wanting it back even more...
    But about the music, I can't remember the music from Mission Two that well. All I know is that I came out with a big , and the music also was the cause. I love the orchestra but the new music apparently did not bother me.
    - Milo

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot
    for my personnal experience i prefer the Old one with that great orchestra Ride Music.
    Mmmmz...(though I think it's a nice one) you're avatar surely reflects your opinion
    - Milo

you're avatar surely reflects your opinion
    i have to change my avatar lol
    HKDL : Done !!!