• Senior Minion

Sequoia Restaurants

Quick question - I'm after making a reservation for one of the restaurants in the Sequoia Lodge ahead of arrival.

As you exit the hotel heading towards Lake Disney and the parks - which one is on the left?

• is satisfactual.

Re: Sequoia Restaurants

I believe that would be the Hunter's Grill. But now that I think about it I'm not sure. So basically I'm of no help.

Yes, the Hunter's Grill is on your left if you leave the hotel towards Lake Disney and the Parks. The Beaver Creek Tavern is on your right.

• Senior Minion

Cheers

Hunter's Grill was quite good when I dined there.

Even had a nice salad bar you could add to a la carte entrees, which I did.

I will say the CMs level of English could have been better, though.

i remember that time before the Crappy newFood and Bev Management arrived at Disneyland Paris with their Budget Cuts back in 2003 it was like O'Hana at Polynesian every food was all you can eat (Sausages and Meat) .

But since a few years and for some Budget Cuts Reasons they started to limit the quantity of food per person and right the same Management Decided to make this restaurant a All You Can Eat Buffet .

I like Buffet but not at this restaurant because the food is crappy and you pay like 30€ for the same food you can get for 10€ Cheaper in the DL PARK at the Plaza Garden .

if you guys wants to eat to a very good restaurant at Disneyland Paris go to Annett's Dinner or my favourite of all for the surrounding area Walt's Restaurant on the First floor on Main-Street USA and the food is good for what you pay .

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    i remember that time before the Crappy newFood and Bev Management arrived at Disneyland Paris with their Budget Cuts back in 2003 it was like O'Hana at Polynesian every food was all you can eat (Sausages and Meat) .

But since a few years and for some Budget Cuts Reasons they started to limit the quantity of food per person and right the same Management Decided to make this restaurant a All You Can Eat Buffet .

I like Buffet but not at this restaurant because the food is crappy and you pay like 30€ for the same food you can get for 10€ Cheaper in the DL PARK at the Plaza Garden .

if you guys wants to eat to a very good restaurant at Disneyland Paris go to Annett's Dinner or my favourite of all for the surrounding area Walt's Restaurant on the First floor on Main-Street USA and the food is good for what you pay .
    Plaza Gardens may be €10 cheaper, but it ain't all that (yes, I'm jiggy with it). I found the buffet to be unbelievably small and cramped for such a large restaurant and everything tasted like Nestle. It was the blandest meal I've ever eaten.

I've said it before, but I find that Disneyland Paris is good at what the French are good at; table service fine dining. The cheaper options are... Well, just go to Mickey D's in the Village. That sort of thing is what America does best.

Which brings me to a European fast food chain called Quick, which is short for "Quick, a Bucket!", but I digress.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 06-26-2007 at 04:08 AM.

that's right but you know Cafe Mickey is just OK for that price .

last time i went to Café Mickey paid like €30 and we had twice the same characters Mickey and the gang were upstairs .

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    that's right but you know Cafe Mickey is just OK for that price .

last time i went to Café Mickey paid like €30 and we had twice the same characters Mickey and the gang were upstairs .
    So Cafe Mickey is just about worth the money then? I was wondering about that.

• Senior Minion

I personally love Cafe Mickey.

It is expensive (but even McDonalds at DLP is over-priced) but the food is good (if not great) and the atmosphere is brilliant. I like the decor and the video screens plus the view over the lake is nice.

I liked Hunters Grill the last time too - hence my initial question.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    (but even McDonalds at DLP is over-priced)
    I am ashamed to say I know this, but... Actually it's no more expensive than the others in France. €5 will get you an entire meal, whereas at the parks that gets you a stale, cold cheeseburger or a wiener in a bun.

McDonald's may be... Well, McDonald's, but their constant low pricing is a Godsend in places where everything else is unbearably pricey. Both the location on the Champs d'Elysees and the one at DLRP are oases of cheapness.

• Senior Minion

Fair do's but if I'm spending the money to go to DLP, I'd prefer to go the whole hog and splash out on some over-priced meals and merchandise!

As PT barnum said - There's one born like me every minute!

(I do however begrudge spending £5 on a crappy slice of pizza at the Studios - it was over a year ago but it still gets me angry to think about it now!)

• Banned User

I did the breakfast buffet while staying at the Sequoia a few years ago and it was garbage. Never again.