Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Pirate - G'har!

Beauty and the Beast Dark Ride Idea

Ok, this is an idea I had for, suprise surprise, a Beauty and the Beast dark ride in Fantasyland, similar in exterior to all the other fantasyland dark rides with a similar-style queue and loading platform (with a stained glass window displaying belle and the human beast on the back wall of it). You depart from the station in your daintily-themed omnimover and into a dark room where the stone walls are just visible. Three stained glass windows tell the story (briefly and with movement etc. in the windows) of how he became the beast, ending with 'For who could ever learn to love a beast...'

We then emerge in the town square. We first see Gaston and Lefou talking about Belle (pirates-quality audio anamatronics for classic characters and with if possible better mouth movements). Then we see Belle reading on the fountain saying something like 'Father's not back form the fair yet, I wonder where he is...'

We then enter a huge room and the track does a semi-circular movement on the edge of a cliff the same shape. In the 'middle' is a forced perspective modle of the chateau perhaps with rain effects to establish the location. We then turn into the prison where Belle says she'll take Maurice's place as a prisoner.

The next section is the 'Be Our Guest' musical number with a chandelier, popping champagne bottles and of course the principle enchanted characters and Belle. We then enter a short scene of Cogsworth, Lumiere and Mrs.Potts on the window sill talking about the developing relationship which sets up the ballroom scene.

We see Belle and Beast dancing in the circular room as we hug the walls (I'm sure there are many ways in which this could be achieved). Then we go back to the town where Gaston and an angry mob plan to lay siege to the castle and kill the beast. Next we enter the grand hall where the mob is being attacked by the enchanted objects funnily before swerving up a spiral staircase to the roof where Beast and Gaston battle it out (a back and forth sturggle with that spike Gaston rips off). We turn and see Gaston falling off the roof and then the beast transforming. In a flash of light we enter the daylight ballroom for Belle and the human beast dancing.

Ta-da, yes it's optimistic, yes it might be flawed but I thought it would be a fun idea and thank you for reading

• Senior Minion

Re: Beauty and the Beast Dark Ride Idea

Nice idea but I much prefer the actually mooted idea of the Beauty and the Beast live action / animatronic show.

Set in the castle, apparently it involved gargoyles singing 'Beware the Beast' (a variation on 'Kill the Beast') before we meet a live Belle interacting with the animatronic objects. 'Be Our Guest' would ensue. Eventually the Beast would appear as a state-of-the-art, better-than-anything-you've-seen-before animatronic figure.

I like Dark Rides (love 'em actually) but feel that there are too many that are samey (only Peter Pan really stands out). The Little Mermaid dark ride which was scrapped (and which can be 'ridden' as an extra on the recent DVD release of the movie) had something different about it - going through the same scene twice, once above and once under-water. I think the new generation of Dark Rides will be along the lines of Crush's Coaster - part DR part RC.

• Pirate - G'har!

But I think that's why a B&tB dark ride would be something different and would undoubtedly draw in the crowds just because it's B&tB and if they hyped it up. Of course it doesn't make a difference since it's gnot gonna happen lol. Isn't there already a B&tB live show at mgm or something? I dunno, still, we recognize the need for better-than-ever-before AAs

• Senior Minion

I think the show at MGM is the same that was at DLP around 10 years ago - basically costumed characters and a synced soundtrack.

I gather that the BatB show that I mentioned would be a cross between this and a sort of Stitch's Great Escape AA thingie.

Like I say tho, I suspect that Dark Rides as we know them are at an end and more interactive and wilder rides are the next thing (see the new Nemo ride at MK)

And please don't think that I'm raining on your parade - just a lively discussion!

• Pirate - G'har!

Of course not, my floats are bone dry. (lively discussions are what make forums great, in fact, have some reputation for the endorsement of lively disucssions). You can tart a ride up all you want but it's the brand that will sell it. 'Reef Adventure' would be pants but 'Crush's Coaster' sells because it features finding nemo characters; kids wouldn't care if it said 'Finding Nemo Death Drop' the fact is it says Finding Nemo.

• Pirate - G'har!

Hmm, finding nemo death drop...sounds fun

• Senior Minion

My point exactly - Disney knows this and are now branding the middle to scary rides too. We have already heard that Crush's Coaster is not for the kiddies and I think that when the original Dark Rides were created, the imagineers had no other way to incorporate the characters. We have now moved on and, to my mind, every new 'Dark Ride' to come from now on will have a twist.

• Pirate - G'har!

But why should it need a twist? (ok I can't give you any more reputation, I'm sorry if I crushed your dreams)

• Senior Minion

Because nowadays kids are jaded, street-wise and old before their time! I dunno!

Maybe your right.

I would ride your BatB Dark Ride (as long as it had FP!)

• Pirate - G'har!

lol of course it would have FP. Any attraction that's any attraction has fastpass! . If only it would be fesible to make a hunchback of notre dame attraction but alas, my favourite is not fitting for such treatment (and I guess nor would i want it to be). In fact I think it's one of the only ones that couldn't be turned into some kind of attraction

• Senior Minion

Of course it could!

Frollo's Funland?

Quasi's Quest?

Djali's Djourney?

If the film was popular enough (and I'm with you - I love it), they would shoe-horn it into a ride somehow. I do think that WDW had a stage show based on it just after it was released.

• Pirate - G'har!

Okay, okay, a DECENT ride lol. Much as I loved the film I hated the 5th anniversary castle overlay, a bit too...hideous. A festival of fools show I always thought would be a great dantasyland thing in stead of whinnie

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I would ride it!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Awesome. Were you a Imagineer? That was a fantastic ride description. I'm all for it.

• Pirate - G'har!

I wish! hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast