Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Rock The World

Re: Ideas for New Attractions

Quote Originally Posted by Mansion Staff View Post
    or theme it to the ever recurring "thunderbird"
    That could work. In fact, that would be a really interesting idea! I'd love to see something along those lines.

Wherever hinges creak in doorless chambers...

I have only been on the ride one time, and cannot remember how it goes,anyone care to redirect me to a page about it or something?

|~~Andy~~|

• Pirate - G'har!

Pocahontas would be a much more recognizable character. Kids would go crazy for 'Splash Mountain Featuring Pocahontas' or 'Pocahontas River Expedition' and it fits with the existing playground, the area where Splash would go.

Wherever hinges creak in doorless chambers...

its still with the indian theme as the thunderbird indian god who is angered my western miners

|~~Andy~~|

• is satisfactual.

As much as I'd like for DLP to have any Splash Mountain, Pocahontas would take away a lot of whimsy and substitute a lot of empty schmaltz.

I'm just not sure if I want listen to "Colors of the Wind" for ten minutes.

Song of the South may not be well known in Europe, but as someone else said, it's not a household name in America either. The only thing that matters is that the animated sequences of the movie along with the music and the spirit-of-the-South theme are brilliant and very original subject matter for a Disney ride. Song of the South may be racy, but the animation deserves to be remembered. It deserves to be celebrated.

Pocahontas is... Pocahontas. It's that sappy butchering of the story of Pocahontas with which Disney tried to artificially elongate its '90s streak of hits. It's that version of Pocahontas without the statutory rape. It's that movie with the cutesy animals that were only contrived as characters for Happy Meal toys. It's that film where the white man learns from the Native American girl who knows that nature isn't ours to claim and turn into government assisted housing. Blah blah blah blah. It got a playground already.

• Pirate - G'har!

Yes it's a gross perversion of history but I still enjoy it as a film artistically and for sheer entertainment but I'm in the crowd that doesn't mind hunchback's differences from the book etc. Also, there's be a medley of music at least lol. There's just no appeal in Song of the South for me or kids I think, I mean it's banned, would it even be allowed? I think the pocahontas scenes could be recreated wonderfully and beautifully making for a very good-looking ride. btw I wasn't referring to the thunderbird thing, I like that idea, I meant it against a song of the south. Oh, and who just wants a clone of the existing rides? In true Paris tradition it should be changed

I don't think Song of the south was "racy". It showed black and white people living togther happily. If they're gonna ban Song of the south, they might as well ban any blaxploitation movie like Scary movie or Soul plane.

Besides, I can't get to Disney World, so I want the ordinary Splash Mountain :P

• Senior Minion

Song of the South supposedly shows black people happily being slaves to white people. Can't say I agree entirely but I do agree with the person who said that the animation deserves to be remembered. And even if today's kids are unfamilier with Brer rabbit and friends - they're cartoon animals for goodness sake! What more will they be asking for? May I also point out that Brers Rabbit and Fox are regularly spotted in DLP having thier photos taken with crowds of guests.

As for the suspended coaster debate, I agree that putting a coaster in the park for the sake of it is wrong. But if you read my original statement, I point out that this type of coaster is ideal to be THEMED around either Tarzan (swinging on vines) or Monsters Inc (the door chase finale). I see both of them as interior rides including AAs and plenty of scenery.

• Pirate - G'har!

Still, would be a shame to just get a cloned splash when all the other major attractions are recreated wonderfully and differently (tower of terror in CA was originally designed for Paris and I much prefer its exterior).

Here's a thing for ya: I have seen song of the south.

The black people are simply living among the white people. They are no servants, and certainly not slaves!

Splash Mountain needs Song of the south.

Brer Rabit and friends are very well known in the Netherlands. Not because of the movie Song of the South, but because of their regular cartoon adventures in a weekly magazine called Donald Duck in which Brer Rabit is always taking the Mickey out of Brer Bear and Brer Fox and always end up with the carrots which are grown by Brer Bear. So Splash Mountain would be well recognized by the Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by knirknarknor View Post
    Brer Rabit and friends are very well known in the Netherlands. Not because of the movie Song of the South, but because of their regular cartoon adventures in a weekly magazine called Donald Duck in which Brer Rabit is always taking the Mickey out of Brer Bear and Brer Fox and always end up with the carrots which are grown by Brer Bear. So Splash Mountain would be well recognized by the Dutch.
    There are occassional (did I spell that right? :P) br'er Rabbit comics in Donald Duck & CO over here in Sweden too!

I would love to see a "flying" coaster like "AIR" at Alton Towers in the UK. or a regular coaster themed like a bobsled running on "ice". both coasters could be themed around the final battle scene from the Incredibles where guests were either a super hero flying, or trailing behind Frozone.
    I also believe the theme could fit well in the WDS theme and give the studios another much needed attraction.

For those of you who do not know what "air" is below is a picture.

• Minion

The thing about coasters are that unless they're hidden and heavily themed, the exposed track really ruins the skyline of any Disney park. It would not fit the theme of the area unless it was part of the storyline, or meant to look like a coaster like in California Screamin's case.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Senior Minion

But no objections to an interior coaster such as Rock and Roller, or Space Mountain, or Thunder Mountain and Indiana Jones (sort of)? I think that a suspended one inside and heavily themed (love the Incredibles idea!) would be welcomed although I think that the Studios will spend the next few years trying to get a few more children-friendly rides once TOT is opened.

Are there any regular ugly exterior coasters in any of the Disney parks? I can only really think of Primeveal Swirl and Goofy's Branstormer.

Any way! Any more pitches for rides?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast