Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Minion

Re: Ideas for New Attractions

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Sure, they did a great job. I always like the way they choose foliage that looks, for instance, like seaweed. Goes to show the importance of horticulturists in the Imagineering spectrum. Still, it's hard to forget you're looking at a coaster.
    Very true. If only we had invisible track.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Senior Minion

So, we all seem to agree that: -
    1. SM should have Brer Rabbit
    2. If coaster tracks are visible, they should be well themed
    3. We would all like 'invisible tracks' (hmmm)

Any road up, do we have any more ideas for new attractions?

The film Meet The Robinsons seems to have been almost made to turn into a ride - but was the film successful enough to warrent it? I doubt it.

The last truly successful Disney animated movie (not Pixar) was probably Lilo and Stitch and the attractions to come from that seem hardly excited (although DLPs new addition certainly looks intruiging).

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    Zeke?

Brer Rabbit & co. are also widely known in Finland.. thanks to Donald Duck magazine (which has circulation of 1/16th of population and is biggest magazine here!!)
    This reminds me - I'm saddened that there are no Disney comic books regularly published in England and haven't been for years. I used to have to subscibe to the US versions and only the mounting cost stopped me from doing this. I really miss my regular fix of Carl Barks and Don Rosa!

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: Ideas for New Attractions

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    I have a disney coaster conclusion (for me anyway). If you can see the track and don't know why it's there then it's out of place. BTM's track is for a mine train, that's why it's there. Even Mullholland Madness/Primeval Whirl are meant to be carnival attractions, that's why the track's there. Flounder's Flying Fish? A roller coaster surrounded by rocks and seaweed. Why is the track there? Casey Jr? Alright it's a train on a track but why doesn't it look like train track like BTM or even Indy (coaster Casey Jr that is)? And why does it go through storybook land? Indoor coasters where you don't (or at least aren't supposed to) see the track don't count I guess.
    I agree; this would seem to be a no-brainer to me; it would seem easy enough to disguise a tubular coaster track as a railroad track (with wooden crossties and such...), yet the DLP Imagineers didn't even attempt this - so it looks exactly like what it is: a modern kiddie coaster set into a themed area. (check out the you-tube video of Casey Jr. running in the snow; it looks odd to see a Disney Theme Park in a real Winter!) It does have a great soundtrack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruje3xonnbU

I must say that the Flounder's Flying Fish coaster is in a beautiful setting and makes the most of the horticulture - just not much more of a ride than Gadget's Go-Coaster...

(and By The Way: putting an off-the-shelf, generic carnival-type ride in a Disney Theme Park saying that it's "themed" to look like a carnival ride (Mulholland Madness at Paradise Pier in DCA) is NOT "Theming" - it's just Cheap, Boring, and Un-Imaginative. period.)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    it looks odd to see a Disney Theme Park in a real Winter!
    I think the snow makes Fantasyland look more magical. However, it doesn't work in places like Adventureland or Frontierland. I think the Tokyo Disney Resort and Disneyland Resort Paris are the only two Disney resorts to get snow in the winter because of their location.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Disgruntled Former CM

Wink Re: Ideas for New Attractions

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I think the snow makes Fantasyland look more magical. However, it doesn't work in places like Adventureland or Frontierland. I think the Tokyo Disney Resort and Disneyland Resort Paris are the only two Disney resorts to get snow in the winter because of their location.
    I don't know that I agree with you about Frontierland - BTMRR would look pretty cool with a sprinkle of snow (just like it looks out on the Prairie...), but it's hard to feel 'immersed' in the Hot & Humid tropics of Asia or Africa in Adventureland when there's snow covering the AA figures...!

• Pirate - G'har!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    (and By The Way: putting an off-the-shelf, generic carnival-type ride in a Disney Theme Park saying that it's "themed" to look like a carnival ride (Mulholland Madness at Paradise Pier in DCA) is NOT "Theming" - it's just Cheap, Boring, and Un-Imaginative. period.)
    Yes the theming's appalling, but the track makes sense being there lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234