First time at Disneyland. What should I think about before going?

Well, my mum and my dad has finally booked our trip to France and to Disneyland! We will be staying at the Kyriad Hotel outside the resort (I think..).. We will be staying there for 4 days (2 in the park, probably the rest in paris). We're going by bus from Sweden, through Denmark, passing through Germany, into Belgium and then finally into Paris. The ride there will probably take a whole day. I just thought if theres anything I should think about before going because its my first time visiting Disneyland and France.. I know a bit French so I might understand most of the stuff written on signs and so on. Is there any CM's that speaks English too or do you have to talk French with them? My dad is still a bit pissed because he thinks everything at Disneyland is extremely expensive. Is that true?
    And is there any restaurants or places where you can eat where its not expensive at Disney? We've got a 2 days hopper ticket and we would like to do EVERYTHING if its possible..

(Sorry for my English if you don't understand very good..)
    Last edited by JonathanSWE; 06-29-2007 at 08:43 AM.

• is satisfactual.

Re: First time at Disneyland. What should I think about before going?

I'd hate for this to become a running thread in my posts, but... If you want cheap food, your only choice is the McDonald's in Disney Village, son. Things are a little expensive at Disney, I'm afraid.

And the Cast Members do speak English, generally. You can look at the little flags on their badges to see what languages they speak. Even if that is a little weird with a female Cast Member.

• Membre

Hi,
    As Pussnboots said, Mc Donald's probably the cheapest restaurant at DLRP, but can also find sandwiches inside the parks.
    You can go to Val d'Europe too, it's located 3-4 minutes by RER (train), where you'll find a large variety of restaurants and shops.

WHen do you go to DLRP ???

• Pirate - G'har!

If you don't manage to get everything done then just make sure you have the big 4 under your belt, Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean I think

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    Hi,
    As Pussnboots said, Mc Donald's probably the cheapest restaurant at DLRP, but can also find sandwiches inside the parks.
    You can go to Val d'Europe too, it's located 3-4 minutes by RER (train), where you'll find a large variety of restaurants and shops.

WHen do you go to DLRP ???
    Were going 22-27 July.. Its probably high season so the queues will be HUGE.. Anyway thanks for the tip about the McDonalds inside Disney Village. Is there any certain attraction that I should run and get Fastpass for right as the park opens? What about the Extra Magical Hours.. Is that only for the hotels on the Resort or for all of the Hotels on their site.. (Because Kyriad is in there too).

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    If you don't manage to get everything done then just make sure you have the big 4 under your belt, Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean I think
    I would probably go for them first yeah.. Since theyre the major attraction at DLP. How about Disney Studios? Should I go for Crush's Coaster first or Rock'nRollercoaster?

• Pirate - G'har!

If you're at WDS on opening go to Crush first definitely! The queue builds up really fast

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: First time at Disneyland. What should I think about before going?

EMH is packages booked through Disney for their hotels and the Hotel L'Eysee Val d'Europe. I recall reading somewhere that there are cheap eats in one of the train stations.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Senior Minion

Although you are Swedish, I would still definitely recommend the book A Brits Guide to DLP by Simon Vaness. I have always found it invaluable even on second and third visits!
    It should be available over the web and gives good general advice about all aspects of DLP. It is the most comprehensive of any of the guide books that I have seen.
    Enjoy your trip!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

/\
    Oh no, that book wont' do at all.

Read "Snakke du Svensk, Mickey Mouse?" by Cal Adventurer

Have a great time! Don't worry about the queues, try to enter the parks early.

This may sound silly to some, but I really, really enjoyed the Legend of the Lion Kong show. That, Space Mountain and Phantom Manor were my favorite things there. I did a one-day park hopper last October and I felt like I got to see everything I wanted to. The time of year probably had something to do w/that, though.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I recomend atleast half a day at the Studios just to take in the main attractions.Rest of your time should be devoted to Disneyland park.Below are my must do list...

Walt Disney Studios:
    Crush Coaster
    Rock (N) Roller Coaster
    Stunt Show
    Cinemagique

Disneyland:
    Phantom Manor
    Pirates of the Carribean
    Space Mountain
    Its a small World
    Big Thunder Mountain
    Lion King show