Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Pirate - G'har!

Re: Indiana Jones and the Hope of Improvement

A jump on EMVs? Nah, MINE CARTS!!!

• Lordofthemightybeasts

Well, when I say 'jump', it would have to be some kind of illusion. And the EMV's controllability makes it perfect for something like that (think of the rolling boulder scene in IJA). But really, a track jump on a rollercoaster will always be impossible... for now.

• Senior Minion

Isn't there something like that on the Everest ride? Or at least a broken track that is avoided at the last minute.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Well it's a lift hill to track that bends upward and is all broken at the end. So not really. I wouldn't want EE in Disneyland Park, wouldn't fit right. But I'm still vouching for 'Parc Le Monde', a cross between World Showcase and Animal Kingdom. EE can go there!

• Ice melts fast in AZ

I don't know if anyone remembers seeing this, but there used to be some interesting Indy concept art at the Disney Gallery about a year and a half ago when I was visiting Disneyland in California. The picture showed the main room for Indy & Temple of the Forbbiden Eye (with the bridge and skull) with a mine train roller coaster running indoors over the bridge. It also showed the JC in a corner going through the Indy show building and the DLRR also going through (ala splash). The art looked really cool. Now I know that it would have cost loads of money and the shutting down of JC & the DLRR would have been hard to justify for just a 5-10 second view inside the Indy show building, but it would have been great if they expanded the Indy show building to encompass some seperate large rooms for a mine car coaster with some parts of the two rides overlaping (Making the coaster E-ticket quality). The only thing that I can't figure out is where they would have put the que line. Also, adding another E-ticket to an already crowded Adventureland would have been a bigger crowd control nightmare. But if Disney ever gets back to taking risk on bigger, more expensive rides (not likely ), building the coaster and the jeep ride at DLP would make me get on a plane a jump the pond.

• Banned User

Those attraction artwork blueprints occur during the "Sky High" phase of brainstorming... then they come crashing down once they realize they reached a bit too high for the budgets given to play with.

• Ice melts fast in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Those attraction artwork blueprints occur during the "Sky High" phase of brainstorming... then they come crashing down once they realize they reached a bit too high for the budgets given to play with.
    It still would be a great ride set if it was built. But, trust me, I'm not holding my breath.

• Pirate - G'har!

A bit like the tunnel on Alton Towers Runaway Mine Train when the two tracks go past each other in a tunnel, but multiplied by about 2,500. I love that idea but the chances of it happening are tres slim. What might be possible is an Indiana Jones rapids ride for three reasons. 1. DLRP needs a wet ride, fast 2. Disney could use the existing Kali River Rapids and make small adjustments for Indy 3. It would be a majorly popular attraction and boost Temple du Peril's numbers as well, hopefully enough to warrant a refurbishment/improvement plan

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    1. DLRP needs a wet ride, fast
    I imagine they're avoiding water rides as the weather in Paris would probably require the ride to be shut down for months at a time during the cold winter months.

• Pirate - G'har!

Hmm, I never thought about that. Having said that, Alton Towers have outdoor water rides. Granted they're closed in winter but just the wet rides could be at DLRP. I'd say it would be worth it tbh

"Indy at DLP does seem like such a wasted opportunity. Even its positioning is sub-par - as if it were a last minute addition. "

Which of course it exactly is...

I admit when it opened I was EXTREMELY disappointed in Disney (and I hadn't even been yet lol). I was an idealistic teenager and I think I just hated that such a relatively *standard* not super themed (by Disney standards) was so shamelessly shoved into the park--especially as I think Tony Baxter and all's designs for "EuroDisneyland" were just so gorgeous (serious, with a bit more TLC I think my ultimate Disney resort would be the Paris Magic Kingdom--with few more of the other MK's rides thrown in, paired up with Disney Sea--I can dream). Hell back then there was astill a lot of controversy about non Disney movie themed attractions entering Disney parks--Disneyland's Indiana Jones silenced a lot of naysayers just cuz it was so ****ing awesome an experience--but the Paris ride didn't seem to have this justification...

But now in hindsight I see why they did it--and as others have said I'm sure it more than returned its investment. I'm actually more disappointed that they basically shoved a clone of it into DIsney Sea when I think they coulda afforded the time and money to do something more exciting if they wanted a "adult" thrill ride in that park--liberties they didn't have in France. But I wouldn't be sad to see it go (although I do actually think it's pretty fun--and I'd be pleased with any fo the relatively minor enhancements you mentioned--also pleased it's no longer backwards...)

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

But what I can't get over is that another forum mainly inhabited by Europeans, on an opinion poll, Indiana Jones and the temple of Peril comes very close to PotC in the popularity ratings!!!
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Lordofthemightybeasts

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    But what I can't get over is that another forum mainly inhabited by Europeans, on an opinion poll, Indiana Jones and the temple of Peril comes very close to PotC in the popularity ratings!!!
    And Space Mountain Mission 2 is doing disturbingly well in the 'best ride of the whole park' poll.

• Pirate - G'har!

Maybe that's cos it is....

As far as the topic is concerned, Indy is great if you look at it as a fun ride on the side. I think the problem isn't that the ride's pants, I think the problem is it doesn't exploit the Indy franchise or the famous mine cart chase anywhere near as much as it could (who didn't say 'That'd make a great ride' when they saw the chase in Temple of DOom)

• Senior Minion

Too true. The issue is not that the ride is poor - it isn't. It's that it is such a waste of potential. It's like creating a carousel based on Star Wars.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast