Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Pirate - G'har!

Indiana Jones and the Hope of Improvement

Okay, Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril isn't the world's greatest coaster (amen!) nor is it the worst' the theming (not story) is, in fairness, immaculate and it serves as a nice D-Ticket on the edge of adventureland. But, I think alot of us here would like to see something more, maybe a little, maybe a lot, you tell me. Whatever happens, whether a new attraction be built or what I think the mine cart concept should stay (I think most people probably thought 'That would make a great ride' after coming out of temple of doom) in some form.

If the ride wasn't completely destroyed and a new one built? I think little things would make a big change.

1. Raging Spirits touches; fire, water, just some movement/life throughout the entire experience, queue and all.

2. Pre-show. Just simple, you enter a tent and face a large map of India which fades away and a movie is projected showing why the workers abandoned the site and them calling up Indiana Jones (a bit like they did for ark information) and we see just see him in shillouette arriving at the scene.

3. Effects/indoor. Maybe some mist or something down below if we're talking light. Full scale? If it was possible, indoor-ising the bottom sections of the track to make them like the temple of doom tunnels (red and rocky) and maybe even building a structure around that long flat section of track nobody cares about and adding some swinging blades or something. Then you burst of this misty tunnel into the loop then back into the tunnels. Would this be possible? I dunno :S

What do y'all wanna see done with Indy?

• Senior Minion

Re: Indiana Jones and the Hope of Improvement

Great ideas!

Indy at DLP does seem like such a wasted opportunity. Even its positioning is sub-par - as if it were a last minute addition.

Has anyone here been on the DL Indy ride?

I've only heard the soundtrack but it certainly seems a lot more themed than DLP's.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Great ideas!

Indy at DLP does seem like such a wasted opportunity. Even its positioning is sub-par - as if it were a last minute addition.

Has anyone here been on the DL Indy ride?

I've only heard the soundtrack but it certainly seems a lot more themed than DLP's.
    I have. I've also been to the one at Tokyo DisneySea, which is a close copy of Disneyland's but with a different storyline and special effects.

In my opinion, there's simply no contest. The Indiana Jones Adventures are far better than Disneyland Paris' Indiana Jones coaster. From the queue, which is definitely among the best queues ever created by Disney, to the exciting and thrilling ride portion it's perfect! Without a doubt one of the best Disney attractions ever created. The sheer amount of special effects and theming inside the attraction make it my favorite attraction at Disneyland.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

Here's a video just to show how amazing of an attraction Indiana Jones Adventure is. This is Disneyland's version:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdd8sEYk0gU[/YOUTUBE]

• Senior Minion

Although I suppose Disney don't want to be seen publicising a rival studio's film, next year's movie release (Indy 4) will be a perfect opportunity to develop the ride, add theming and then use this in their marketing of the park next summer.
    Considering how much business DLP must have drummed up by jumping on the POTC publicity bandwagon this seems like a bit of a no-brainer but then again, I don't recall seeing any DLP publicity featuring Indy or Star Wars - is this a contractual thing?

• Pirate - G'har!

Could be. Still, it'd be up to George Lucas not Paramount if anything was done due to his lifelong ambition of making his films totally independantly and fully owning them. Paramount must have been pretty annoyed before but it's not like they can sue. I can see it now, the trailer for Indy 4 finishes and then 'And now at disneyland resort paris...' lol. I also think it might be an idea to rebrand as 'Indiana Jones Adventure: Le Temple du Peril' or whatever name they chose to tie all the Indy adventures together. Like you said, it'd be great timing, post-tower, post-15th, pre/on Indy 4. Hmm...

Smile Re: Indiana Jones and the Hope of Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    1. Raging Spirits touches; fire, water, just some movement/life throughout the entire experience, queue and all.

Hi there, just for the sake of a few pics there IS fire in the Temple du Péril, okay that's not part of the ride like in Raging Spirits but still, it adds a pretty nice touch to the whole experience.
    During summer nights trust me these fire torches rock

• Pirate - G'har!

I know there's fire outside and it works tremendousley it just needs to be on in the day time and more throughout the ride

• Minion

I think they should have the fire actually on the temple structure itself instead of only outside the entrance of the attraction.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I think they should have the fire actually on the temple structure itself instead of only outside the entrance of the attraction.
    Why don't they just put a match to the whole thing and start again?

• Pirate - G'har!

'twould be nice!

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

I know there's fire outside and it works tremendousley it just needs to be on in the day time and more throughout the ride
    The flames burn through the day and night now! DLP is looking the best I have seen in probably at least 10 years!
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Rock The World

Okay, Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril isn't the world's greatest coaster (amen!) nor is it the worst' the theming (not story) is, in fairness, immaculate and it serves as a nice D-Ticket on the edge of adventureland. But, I think alot of us here would like to see something more, maybe a little, maybe a lot, you tell me. Whatever happens, whether a new attraction be built or what I think the mine cart concept should stay (I think most people probably thought 'That would make a great ride' after coming out of temple of doom) in some form.

If the ride wasn't completely destroyed and a new one built? I think little things would make a big change.

2. Pre-show. Just simple, you enter a tent and face a large map of India which fades away and a movie is projected showing why the workers abandoned the site and them calling up Indiana Jones (a bit like they did for ark information) and we see just see him in shillouette arriving at the scene.

3. Effects/indoor. Maybe some mist or something down below if we're talking light. Full scale? If it was possible, indoor-ising the bottom sections of the track to make them like the temple of doom tunnels (red and rocky) and maybe even building a structure around that long flat section of track nobody cares about and adding some swinging blades or something. Then you burst of this misty tunnel into the loop then back into the tunnels. Would this be possible? I dunno :S

What do y'all wanna see done with Indy?
    As a former Temple Of Peril Cast Member, I think a lot of what you say makes sense. I for one would love to see the themeing of the ride itself deepened and expanded a little, especially around the lower portions of the coaster, towards the ride's end. These are the slowest sections of the coaster, so riders have more time to look about them. At present, these are also the most sparsely decorated areas of the attraction, with just a few pieces of broken machinery and fallen rockwork to break up the scenery. Enclosing these areas in a low show building would be great - it wouldn't need anything spectacular, just some statuary and mood lighting. Maybe a little steam to add atmosphere.

Believe it or not, DLRP Imagineering did examine the possibility of adding some Raging Spirits special effects a few years ago, as part of a proposed major refurb of the whole of Advetureland. Needless to say, it never happened, thanks largely to changes in management and the redirection of funds towards new attractions and refurbishments elsewhere. Who knows though, it could still happen, if the 15th Anniversary brings in enough revenue.

• Pirate - G'har!

Yeah, just make em look like the passages from temple of doom, rocky with fiery lighting (and steam!). I reckon it would be possible to add a low showbuilding just around the bottom, or even at least some arches, just something. In a way, I don't want to see Temple of Peril gone for good. I want to see 'Indiana Jones Adventure: Le Temple Du Peril' with a low indoor bit just as a nice little Indiana Jones D-Ticket

I wouldn’t knock Indi in Paris to much from what i understand it's still beats Raging Sprits in Disneyseas!!!

Can't believe I’m saying a Paris version beats a Disneysea ride

In Tokyo all the effects area the entrance of the attraction and once on the ride the temple is simply a set of walls is around the edge of the track (basically walls to stop you seeing the car park.

In Paris the temple sits in the centre with the tracks weaving around it making the temple structure more part of the ride.

I won’t disagree the ride in Paris could be better but considering how it was added fairly quickly (by Disney standards) to appease the roller coaster hungry guests I think it’s stood the test of time well and still a fun, although rough, ride

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast