Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• Pirate - G'har!

Re: Shouldn't Disneyland Paris become more European!?

After viewing the lagoon photos, I think it would be an awful idea to add it to anywhere in the resort right now. There's a reason it's a land conceived for TDS, it's intended to work in Tokyo DisneySea. It's a sea-themed small land for kids at TDS, it is simply totally unnecessary for a start. Oh and all the rousing speech stuff in there as well.

Scrooge's however, I would, after viewing the photos, be perfectly happy to see it on Main St.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    After viewing the lagoon photos, I think it would be an awful idea to add it to anywhere in the resort right now. There's a reason it's a land conceived for TDS, it's intended to work in Tokyo DisneySea. It's a sea-themed small land for kids at TDS, it is simply totally unnecessary for a start. Oh and all the rousing speech stuff in there as well.
    Mermaid Lagoon does contain one E-ticket attraction; the Mermaid Lagoon Theatre. Frankly, I don't think it would look out of place at Disneyland Paris. It's amazingly beautiful and detailed and would fit in perfectly given the proper budget. But I guess I wouldn't mind if Mermaid Lagoon stayed unique to Tokyo DisneySea.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Pirate - G'har!

Oh yeah, and it wouldn't be nice to get a clone! (This could get me into my Splash argument but better not to). I think Lagoon serves a purpose at TDS as a land for kids containing small attractions. BOth DLRP parks has those thus the lagoon is pointless and Li'l Mermaid doesn't deserve its own land in a Magic Kingdom park anyway

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Oh yeah, and it wouldn't be nice to get a clone! (This could get me into my Splash argument but better not to). I think Lagoon serves a purpose at TDS as a land for kids containing small attractions. BOth DLRP parks has those thus the lagoon is pointless and Li'l Mermaid doesn't deserve its own land in a Magic Kingdom park anyway
    I see your point. Since Disneyland Paris already has Fantasyland, it might not be necessary to create another fantasy-themed land like Mermaid Lagoon.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

I do not like the idea of a Duckburg town. I hated the cartoon since it reeked in bad, below Disney quality animation and the characters were really not all that memorable or interesting to me. It's a reminder of Eisner's bad ideas to me. On a more selfish kind of way... I much rather we kept the only Scrooge McDuck Dept. Store opened so far at TDS only.

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I hated the cartoon since it reeked in bad, below Disney quality animation and the characters were really not all that memorable or interesting to me.
    Are you talking about the Ducktales animation-series, or about the original comic-stories (still being reprinted in an adapted form in many EU-countries) by Carl Barks? IMO Duckburg should be modelled after the original comic-series.

• Pirate - G'har!

IMO duckburg shouldn't be modelled at all...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
    Are you talking about the Ducktales animation-series?
    Yes. I never cared for it and the animation was a part of.. reason why I have never watched any of those TV programs based on the classic movies. Even the Looney-Tunes with Bugs Bunny and friends had better animation than that.

• Senior Minion

[quote=TDLFAN;1941409]I do not like the idea of a Duckburg town. I hated the cartoon since it reeked in bad, below Disney quality animation [quote]

Come on! No animation compares to Disney features at their best - especially not on TV! Compare the animation of DuckTales with any other show of the time (any many since) and it is by far the best animated.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Come on! No animation compares to Disney features at their best - especially not on TV! Compare the animation of DuckTales with any other show of the time (any many since) and it is by far the best animated.
    That may be true, but I just never cared for Disney animantion or shows on TV. I prefer the big time Disney quality productions on the big screen. I am not into the canned stuff Disney puts on TV at all... reason why I hardly ever tune to the Disney channels on cable.

• Pirate - G'har!

THe UK Disney Channel stuff is mostly That's So Raven and that kinda thing. The best thing they ever showed was Boy Meets World imo

• Pirate - G'har!

On my last trip to DLRP I saw that all the Donald/Daisy character meet-n-greets also featured Scrooge McDuck. Additionally I found a reasonable amount of Scrooge McDuck merchandise. Is this new evidence or has it always been this way?

• Senior Minion

I've only ever seen Scrooge once and a smattering of merchandise. Maybe DLP have been reading this!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789