Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Pirate - G'har!

Crush - Front or Back

Ok, all og you who have been on the ride, it is better to board at the front or rear of the car for the dark ride section (as far as I know it doesn't spin until after the lift hill)?

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Re: Crush - Front or Back

Both views have some unique views, but I would give the front the edge. You are right, you do not start spinning until the coaster part, and if you start in the front, your are likely to end in the back (and visa versa). But this is all quite acedemic as they will load you where ever you will fit. And it is enjoyable from both vantage points.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Ok, all og you who have been on the ride, it is better to board at the front or rear of the car for the dark ride section (as far as I know it doesn't spin until after the lift hill)?
    Hey now! Not all og us have been on it yet!

Although I'll get to ride it before you Fizzy!

WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Why you son og a- I'll refrain. Yeah well...I'll ride it soon after! Ha! Beat that! Oh, wait...front it is then if I can get it. I'd have thought the shark would have been scarier if you were facing down the hill

• Banned User

I had to sit facing backward... and did not care for it at all.. Seemed to me the forward facing seats got a better show, since I was constantly looking around to see what I was missing. This is the only aspect of the ride I didn't like.. I with all seats faced forward.

• Senior Minion

How about this - I'm a big person (in height not width - well maybe a little in width!). Will I imbalance the ride? Will I even fit in it?! I suspect I may struggle to fit in Cars as my legs are about four feet long!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    How about this - I'm a big person (in height not width - well maybe a little in width!). Will I imbalance the ride? Will I even fit in it?! I suspect I may struggle to fit in Cars as my legs are about four feet long!
    This may make you feel better. I am 6ft 2 and I weighed about 24 stone on our recent trip. I fit in the rear seats of cars, and although a little snug, I was able to ride Crush (though at the size I was 1 year ago - 28 stone, I probably could not have).

Both feel more roomy than Indy.

• Senior Minion

Yes, I struggle in Indy (6'3 and, shall we say, under 17 stone).

I was concerned about Cars and Crush but thanks for putting my mind at rest.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Hitchhiker

Cool Re: Crush - Front or Back

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I had to sit facing backward... and did not care for it at all.. Seemed to me the forward facing seats got a better show, since I was constantly looking around to see what I was missing. This is the only aspect of the ride I didn't like.. I with all seats faced forward.
    I rode Crush yesterday after three days of fighting. Man that was ridiculous.

First time we went too late and the line was 90 mins full day. Next day we were smarter and went earlier. When doors opened the race begun: everyone ran towards Crush! and it really was a state of war. We ended up queueing 40min.. and then Crush! broked down and it was closed!!!

We weren't discouraged by this and tried it next morning. Now we were even more earlier, within first 50 persons. Doors opened and this time we were running too. But WDS had learnded something: a chain of cast-members were blocking the path to Toon Studios by holding hand by hand and guided us calmly to the gates of Crush.. but when they let go, growds went mad again. Everybody was pushing.. someone will get killed there if this wont change.

Crush! broke again.. but this time they fixed it in 10 minutes and we were able to ride it. Back seats. The meeting with Nemo was really nice effect. The darkride part was too short but coaster part was fun. Don't bring your pre-schoolers here! I saw terrified and crying kids leaving the ride.

Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Pirate - G'har!

Great review, short, effective. Maybe we all should learn from this...hehe. I intent to be there at opening but it's a shame I'll have to rush Front Lot/Studio 1, both of which I love to stroll around

Glad you got to try it Zarniwoop. Now that I have been home a few weeks and thought about it, I actually wonder if Crush was a mistake. It has monster lines, it has created some negative buzz in the park (pushing, shoving, running) and it is not family friendly (with many people thinking it is a terrifying their youngsters). I really enjoyed it and in some ways it does appear to be a hit, but I now wonder.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Question is does the addition of Crush bring in extra people to the Studios.I'm thinking if I arrive to the Studios one morning and everyone heads straight over to Crush I'm going oposite way and having unlimited rides on Rock N Roller Coaster

fizzog you can always go back and walk the Front Lot/Studio 1 after you've been on Crush.

• Pirate - G'har!

Ah but I'm with a friend who's never been and I don't want to rush through the only disney-quality sections of the park before we hit the concrete

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    First time we went too late and the line was 90 mins full day. Next day we were smarter and went earlier. When doors opened the race begun: everyone ran towards Crush! and it really was a state of war.
    ..Everybody was pushing.. someone will get killed there if this wont change.

Don't bring your pre-schoolers here! I saw terrified and crying kids leaving the ride.
    That's very unfortunate. Sounds like the daily mad mobs running into TDS and TDL when the cords drop, but I do not recall ever being pushed or shoved out the way in Tokyo. These are the types of crowd behaviors I always comment on (then I am accused of being racist, like is the case in the TDR section lately) and things that happen often enough at any particular resort to make me pinpoint a problem area with certain nationality groups... and I find this more severe at DLP than any other park. Pushing, shoving, running poeple down, smoking everywhere, cutting in line... it should be grounds for ejection. I wish Disney all over the World got tough on this to cut down the abuse and misconduct.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Ah but I'm with a friend who's never been and I don't want to rush through the only disney-quality sections of the park before we hit the concrete
    Well if you turn there attention away from the building site and the other side of the park and focas on just Toon Studios you should be able to maintain the quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast