Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Toon Studio Train

True. But hey, who will ever remember in a few years what Dinotopia or Reign of Fire was all about? (In fact who remembers it now!)

Roger Rabbit is a classic and even though kids these days aren't that familiar with it, it has enough strength theme and character wise to stand on its own and justify even only a small ride (I personally would go for an entire land!)

• Senior Minion

With you all the way on that one Bee Vee!

The fact that there is a RR ride and some themed areas in some of the Disney parks shows that there is potential in the concept. I love the crashed steamroller in WDW - a great photo op (if its still there) and the Cartoon Spin looks to be an updated version of Mr Toad's Wild Ride. Since the attempted vibe of the Studios is classic era Hollywood - RR and friends seems to be a no-brainer!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Voyage View Post
    Whoever designs those logos
    I know! I'd bet you there's someone working at the Big Thunder Mountain loading station who could do a better job than that.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    I know! I'd bet you there's someone working at the Big Thunder Mountain loading station who could do a better job than that.
    I bet it's the same team that created those pink witches. Those are a masterpiece of high-quality design as well (but that's another discussion).

I think it's great they moved this toon train to the Frontlot. That area could certainly use some activity. Although the Frontlot is by far the best part of the Studios (haven't seen Toon Studio yet and the Hollywood Quarter seems to be shaping up nicely as well), it's completely closed off from the rest of the park, which has always struck me as a strange layout decision.
    Last edited by Bon Voyage; 07-26-2007 at 10:07 AM.

• Pirate - G'har!

I love the Front Lot through Studio 1 then the main bulk idea it's just there's not a great deal of main bulk. What they're gonna do with Studio 1 when Hollywood Blvd arrives I don't know. They'll probably keep it but I think that will clash and work horribly. Toon Train doesn't fit in Front Lot but it sure breathes life into it, it was kind of great to see it circling round as I entered the park and was a mark of the mass of street entertainment to come.

• Senior Minion

Were you 'lucky' enough to see High School Musical?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Hehe oh yes, twice in one day. Having said that I saw it twice I didn't watch it twice, still, it added life, the quality of the life was another issue entirely...

• Senior Minion

I bet that it drew crowds of young girls of a certain age. Well, whatever keeps 'em out of the Crush queue!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Haha, indeed. They really should have done fastpass for Crush. FP is most effective on rides with long queues after all

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I consider the line to be insane with a 90 min wait as it is but to add fastpass to it would make the problem worst.FastPass only really works when its not a slow capacity ride.

As for Roger Rabbit the only reason he was so popular and used so much back in the 90's was because Disney had no new characters.Now that Disney own a number of marketable characters and franchises there is no need for a character only half owned by the Mouse.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Sock Puppet

Interesting theory (or fact I don't know). But still, the character and world of Roger Rabbit fits the Toon Studio theme much more (in fact, perfectly) than the Pixar friends (are they even considered toons?)

Anyway, that doesn't mean that I'm complaining about our current Toon Studio, it looks great and adds much needed atmosphere to WDS.

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Voyage View Post
    Interesting theory (or fact I don't know). But still, the character and world of Roger Rabbit fits the Toon Studio theme much more (in fact, perfectly) than the Pixar friends (are they even considered toons?)
    I saw different kind of Roger Rabbit merchandise in the resort shops. That's a sort of return, isn't it?

Anyway, My Personal Imagineering® team has imagined a future ride for Toon Studios: an E-ticket ride featuring EMV-Benny the Cap cars, a wild ride through crazy Toon Town full of famous Characters and ending to song "Smile, Darn Ya, Smile!"
    Last edited by Zarniwoop; 07-27-2007 at 07:42 AM.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    I saw different kind of Roger Rabbit merchandise in the resort shops. That's a sort of return, isn't it?

Anyway, My Personal Imagineering® team has imagined a future ride for Toon Studios: an E-ticket ride featuring HMV-Benny the Cap cars, a wild ride through crazy Toon Town full of famous Characters and ending to song "Smile, Darn Ya, Smile!"
    Now that's one animation tie in attraction I think I would enjoy!!!!
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Just out of interest how much more space has Toon Studios as a land have left for expansion.As memory serves me right is it not kind of shoehorned into the space between the costume building and the backstage areas.As It would be nice to see more rides like Crush and Cars get built in that area of the park!
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Pirate - G'har!

I think there's some room for expansion, I think I might have read it on MiceChat somewhere :S I can't remember. I think Cars and Crush were both very well done and too would like more of that vein in TS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast